Greg Jackson is not confident in Jones. DC comment is proof.

Greg jackson is well known for his honesty with fighters and how well the fights go. His pragmatic, Sun-Tsu art of war approach to fights was showcased during the reign of GSP .

He would straight up tell gsp to just go for takedowns in midfight when georges started losing the stand up. Publicly he would say georges strategy is to minimize damage and win where he is strongest, and that georges has work to do, but can do it.

The fact that he couldn't acknowledge Jones' has his work cut out for him, and downplayed it to "he wants cormier instead because Gus wasnt a challenge" is very telling to me.

If Jones had won strongly like he did vs Glover. Jackson would be saying, "DC is a worthy opponent & the rematch is risky, Gus now knows more about jones attacks, and can capitalize, and now so can jones. Jones will be ready for a second time tho.

Instead he says on jones wanting DC and not Gus. "I dunno maybe he wants a challenge"

IMO he knows Jones doesnt want gus, due to the actual real Risk of all of jones strengths being nullified by Gus. Combined with the fear of Greg and Jones that thier master plan of using reach and finger threats will no longer be the answer as easily if he were to fight cormier.

There is no reason why a no risk trainer like greg who didnt want jones to fight MW Chael with no camp. . Be arguably sarcastic about the fight with Gus.

He is just as scared as bones.

WTF did I just read? lol

You'd think now that the rematch is confirmed these pathetic losers would just shut up now, especially after how dumb they looked these past days...but nope you guys keep on trying and hating

TS especially has been running around spewing new BS now that he can't bitch and cry about Jon Jones "ducking"

This exactly.

Luke Thomas put it best....

If you think Jon Jones is scared of Gustaffson, you have a non-functioning brain.

Holy fucking shit!

Can we get mods to review threads before they're posted? This shit has to stop.

tumblr_n6lemfwEEg1rhy3two1_400.jpg

Greg Jackson doubts his basically unbeaten champion at 205, alrighty then....

With the Sun Tzu and ancient art of war references this reeks of a Hammurabi thread.

Greg Jackson doubts his basically unbeaten champion at 205, alrighty then....

With the Sun Tzu and ancient art of war references this reeks of a Hammurabi thread.

I miss that guy. His threads never failed to bring lulz.

You went out of your way to talk about how honest Greg is, even saying things that could potentially make his fighters look bad,

but then you turn around and accuse of him of lying (or being in denial) when he implies that Alexander isn't that much of a challenge.

I don't like Jones very much and I'd love to see Alexander beat him, but with that said, has it occurred to you that maybe Greg actually believes an Alexander rematch would not be that challenging?

You might say "How's that possible!? Look at how close the first fight was!!!" and yeah that's cute and all but a lot of people have said that Jones didn't take Gustafsson very seriously and didn't train that hard for the fight.

Greg Jackson, of all people, would be in the best position to know if that's true or not (behind only Jones himself)

So when Greg implies that Alexander isn't much of a challenge for Jones, it's either

A: Because he's in denial or lying (something he's absolutely not known for doing at all)

B: Because he has insider knowledge regarding the fact that Jones really didn't train that hard for the Gustafsson fight and therefore knows he'd beat the crap out of Alexander in a rematch easily.

Which honestly seems more likely?

(Hint: The answer is B)

I really do like Alexander but there's a reason he was a huge underdog going into that fight.
And to play "what's more likely?" one more time. What do you really think is more likely:

A: That Alexander had been underperforming his entire career and finally showed his true potential that night

or

B: That Jon Jones had an off-night and probably didn't train too seriously for the fight because he was fighting one of the biggest underdogs he had ever fought...

Any pragmatic man, looking at this logically and leaving bias and emotion out of it, would lean toward B

I hope I'm wrong. I hope Alexander can give him a hell of a fight again, but the fact is Jones has looked like a king his entire career and had one bad fight against Alex, while Alex has looked pretty damn good but nowhere near king level and suddenly had the fight of his life against a not-so-good version of Jones and still lost.

I think it's completely reasonable to assume Jones will win the rematch a lot easier than he did the original.

Ironically the only two reasonable predictions for this match are Jones by destruction or Close Fight.
Anyone who thinks Alexander by destruction is smoking something because there's simply no data whatsoever to back it up. Alexander has never ever looked like someone who could destroy Jones, not even when he was fighting Jones.

trololololol 4/10 would be more but I got understand what the fuck you're on about

There is no way in hell greg even remotely thought jones won that fight.

When gsp was inside the pocket and trading,the second he would eat more punches, greg would say take him down. GSP does this all the time.

JONES is on the inside and getting hit slightly more, he tells him to circle away with reach or take him down.

Couldn't do either with gus. No TD, no elbow strikes barely any punches.

Gregs answer really is nothing this fight but sharpening jones nails and make him practice eye gouging.

you are a stupid man, TS. keep on ripping off grandmothers reading palms and looking at crystal balls like crazy witch. nothing of what you said can be deducted from jackson's words.

You went out of your way to talk about how honest Greg is, even saying things that could potentially make his fighters look bad,

but then you turn around and accuse of him of lying (or being in denial) when he implies that Alexander isn't that much of a challenge.

I don't like Jones very much and I'd love to see Alexander beat him, but with that said, has it occurred to you that maybe Greg actually believes an Alexander rematch would not be that challenging?

You might say "How's that possible!? Look at how close the first fight was!!!" and yeah that's cute and all but a lot of people have said that Jones didn't take Gustafsson very seriously and didn't train that hard for the fight.

Greg Jackson, of all people, would be in the best position to know if that's true or not (behind only Jones himself)

So when Greg implies that Alexander isn't much of a challenge for Jones, it's either

A: Because he's in denial or lying (something he's absolutely not known for doing at all)

B: Because he has insider knowledge regarding the fact that Jones really didn't train that hard for the Gustafsson fight and therefore knows he'd beat the crap out of Alexander in a rematch easily.

Which honestly seems more likely?

(Hint: The answer is B)

I really do like Alexander but there's a reason he was a huge underdog going into that fight.
And to play "what's more likely?" one more time. What do you really think is more likely:

A: That Alexander had been underperforming his entire career and finally showed his true potential that night

or

B: That Jon Jones had an off-night and probably didn't train too seriously for the fight because he was fighting one of the biggest underdogs he had ever fought...

Any pragmatic man, looking at this logically and leaving bias and emotion out of it, would lean toward B

I hope I'm wrong. I hope Alexander can give him a hell of a fight again, but the fact is Jones has looked like a king his entire career and had one bad fight against Alex, while Alex has looked pretty damn good but nowhere near king level and suddenly had the fight of his life against a not-so-good version of Jones and still lost.

I think it's completely reasonable to assume Jones will win the rematch a lot easier than he did the original.

Ironically the only two reasonable predictions for this match are Jones by destruction or Close Fight.
Anyone who thinks Alexander by destruction is smoking something because there's simply no data whatsoever to back it up. Alexander has never ever looked like someone who could destroy Jones, not even when he was fighting Jones.

lol such well written bias bullshit in this I don't even know where to start, but agai n very well written I usually don't read super long posts but that was actually easy to read ill give you that
But to say jones just didn't train hard for the fight is retarded, to say if he did he would just run thru gus is opinionated. Styles make fights and gus has a good style to counter jones
Personally I see this one not living up to the hype as the first one did and jones winning it in a more impressive fashion, but heres hoping gus can pull it off somehow

There is no way in hell greg even remotely thought jones won that fight.

Guys, give it a rest. The fight was close but Jones clearly won. I think when Gus put his hands on his hips and looked halfway dead, it was obvious he wasn't going to win. I don't even like Jones either, but I'm giving him his due.

DC is a much harder fight for Jones than Gus is, that's why he's fighting Gus first.

Bones is shook imo. and i don't need to read into jackson to know it.

You'd think now that the rematch is confirmed these pathetic losers would just shut up now, especially after how dumb they looked these past days...but nope you guys keep on trying and hating

TS especially has been running around spewing new BS now that he can't bitch and cry about Jon Jones "ducking"

Why can't he continue to talk about JJ ducking? He was ducking but he just wasn't very good about it and didn't have the power to do so. This isn't boxing, this is the UFC where management holds all the cards and the fighters have some say, but in the end they are going to fight who they are told to.

Back