Greg Hardy wants to change perceptions by becoming the “Mike Tyson of MMA”

Just pushing and grabbing... Hope you don't ever have a Brett Rogers type of guy overpowering you, pushing and grabing you, feeling like he own you and expecting you to be submissive to him base in some bullshit cultural machismo or something... I really hope you don't ever need to know what is to feel powerless in relation over a suposed "loved one".
What kind of fucking lawyer are you downplaying relationship abuse like is some fucking exageration, circus act
Yeah I've actually represented hundreds of people facing domestic violence charges. All misdemeanors and probably 50% of felonies are just little batteries like pushing, grabbing, throwing something in the other person's direction. The law wanted to crack down on DV, so the scope of what constitutes domestic relationship is very broad, the penalties are much harsher (for misdemeanors, usually a year of DV avoidance classes, higher fines, and additional punishments for priors, not to mention the stigma of being basically labeled a woman beater when in truth, you are not.) I think it's pretty out of line with the reality of human nature. which is that people in close quarters will squabble, and it's rarely a case of one-sided abuse.

From what I can tell, the most likely scenario was that it was some stupid little thing and either the girl got over it and didn't want to press charges (it's not her call whether charges are pressed, but in most misdemeanor cases, the charges will be dropped if the woman won't show up to court) or, to avoid the risk trials inherently bring, he settled for some kind of conditional dismissal where he probably did the classes or some DV program and they dropped the charges.

When I see a guy that big, and I know what I know about how these cases go, I can't believe that his incident was even remotely severe. He barely has to touch someone for it to be assault with force likely to cause great bodily injury. And if he threw any sort of punch or anything like that, she would have an injury that at least merited a felony with GBI.

Saying he's no War Machine, while I agree with the sentiment, is a dramatic understatement. This topic shouldn't even be discussed, and yet it's all we can talk about with him. It's bullshit.

From what I can tell, the most likely scenario was that it was some stupid little thing and either the girl got over it and didn't want to press charges (it's not her call whether charges are pressed, but in most misdemeanor cases, the charges will be dropped if the woman won't show up to court) or, to avoid the risk trials inherently bring, he settled for some kind of conditional dismissal where he probably did the classes or some DV program and they dropped the charges.
Saying he's no War Machine, while I agree with the sentiment, is a dramatic understatement. This topic shouldn't even be discussed, and yet it's all we can talk about with him. It's bullshit.

There was an older thread about Greg Hardy started by one of his defenders here which ironically show the lengths of how some people can interpret the same reports/statements. I don't think there can be any doubt about Greg Hardy behaving like a caveman and throwing his gf around on that night.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/greg-hardys-charges-were-dropped.3781517/
There is a strong link btwn his defenders and their distaste for the entire #metoo movement.

Nah go ahead and let him in,i love seeing rapist get KTFO.

"Charges dropped"=pay off

Probably the only reason he's fighting. He paid the rest of his NFL money to that poor woman he beat up so now he needs to pay his bills. What other job is a giant meathead with no real world experience going to get?

There were pictures and medical reports of that woman and everything else. That woman beating piece of shit was going to jail and the only reason he didnt is because he emptied his bank account to avoid it. Don't make excuses for these kinds of people.

LMAO. Why are you trying to prosecute him now on Sherdog? Where did he empty his NFL salary to in order to procure his freedom? "These kind of people"!

With that statement are you NOT clearly implicating the judicial system of the USA in this matter with Greg Hardy?

Lets get this straight. NFL player beats female. LEGALLY pays retribution. Remains "these kinds of people". Unwelcome in a sport that promotes violence! I say we celebrate rehabilitating athletes that commit domestic violence with MMA fights against other males of like size.

Ray Rice, Adrian Peterson, Greg Hardy bad guys. Why do you LOVE Big Johnson? Lavar was no angel! How about Brett Rodgers, Thiago Silva, Abel Trujillo, Anthony Johnson?

Hate the game, not the player. If there were NOT avenues in our judicial system which cater to the rich at the expense of the rest, this government would not be a Democracy.
upload_2018-8-29_10-12-32.png

and he hasn't assaulted someone since. if anything, he's a changed man
I could care less if he's changed. If he as an A+ athlete rips up the HW division and never has a boring fight, then great.

Its the stupid people who keep defending Hardy about being victimized by 'the system' when he clearly worked the system by having his NFL friends at the scene change their testimonies, having league lawyers back him up, being able to pay off his victim to settle out of court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back