Greg Hardy using an inhaler

inhaler cain > sea level cain?

Dana will call you all a bunch of fucking goofs, spin this and have you agreeing with him in no time.

Hardy was gassed at the end of the 2nd round and MMA, particularly at heavyweight, is a game of millimetres. Maybe that little bit of extra recovery got him out of the way of a potentially fight endinv punch in the 3rd rd.

That was my thoughts too and his opponent wasn't doing too bad either really.

Not my GIF, just adding it to the thread.

giphy.gif

Is there some sort of advantage using an asthma inhaler mid-fight? What's the outrage here?

I've seen professional tennis players do this during match break without problems.

People keep mentioning USADA approved, but doesn't the athletic commission in the city the fight is taking place have the ultimate decision on shit like this.

Is there some sort of advantage using an inhaler mid-fight? What's the outrage here?

I've seen professional tennis players do this during match break without problems.
I was going to ask this. It's not like it would instantly cure him being completely gassed.

I think that was when he fought Mousasi. There were a few people who were using that inhaler on that card.
Yeah almost everybody used inhalers on that card. It was pretty hilarious actually. Suddenly everybody has asthma lol

Your lungs have airways. In people with the asthma disease, those airways sometimes constrict due to inflammation caused by allergies, exertion, etc. In healthy people, those airways never inflame and constrict. Ever.

All an inhaler does is make your airways open back up. So, it doesn't provide any advantage over healthy people. There's no performance enhancement possible with it over normal people. So, it's not at all like the TRT debacle where people could have and did supplement to greater than natural performance levels.

It's like an antibiotic. An antibiotic will help your performance if you're sick and only make you like a normal person. If you're healthy, though, then taking lots of antibiotics won't help your performance at all.

There's no issue with inhalers.

Waaaaaahhhhhh waaaaaaaaaah. No matter how much time goes by it's always the same shit when I come here. Nothing but a bunch of man babies crying over everything.

Ya I don’t get it at all. It’s the definition of a ped
Inhalers being an approved medication just in general is entirely normal and reasonable, just like who knows what other medications people are allowed to take in their regular lives. But he used it during the fucking fight!

It's actually a huge deal.

Makes a big difference to cardio.
No it doesn't. I had asthma when I was a kid. An inhaler helped me when I had breathing problems due to asthma. I don't have asthma as an adult. I can take 10 puffs of an inhaler now and it doesn't do anything.

It has a little bit of a stimulant effect as a side effect of the medication, like drinking a cup of coffee or something -- but there's no "breathing advantages" or "cardio advantages" that inhalers can give healthy people.

It's like antibiotics help sick people perform normally. But if you're not sick and you take lots of antibiotics then they won't help your performance at all.

Asthma is similar. Asthma is a very specific medical condition. It's inflammation in the airways causing them to constrict. All an inhaler does is make the airways not constrict. In healthy people without asthma, the airways NEVER constrict. So, taking medications that make them not constrict doesn't enhance performance for healthy people at all. And in asthmatics, all it does is make them normal.

Depending on the ingredients, USADA has given exception for inhalers.

Back