Greg Hardy using an inhaler

Hardy was gassed at the end of the 2nd round and MMA, particularly at heavyweight, is a game of millimetres. Maybe that little bit of extra recovery got him out of the way of a potentially fight endinv punch in the 3rd rd.

010e1a87c50d8fb434094b4a74e26f83.jpg

Sometimes these things happen in MMA.
EAcyogpXkAE6EEr.jpg

My understanding is that is that it wasn’t USADA approved but rather the comissioner.

I wonder what USADA has to say about it and will their ruling be the same as the comission’s? If not, whose ruling overrides?

Kind of ironic for DC to cry about Hardy using a commission APPROVED inhaler...

daniel-cormier-towel-897258.jpg

Either way who’s next for Hardy Sherbros?

per usada
Metered-dose inhalers that contain glucocorticoids are permitted. However, ALL inhaled beta-2 agonists are either prohibited, or allowed only under a certain dose.

As of 2018, there are three inhaled beta-2 agonists that are permitted under a certain dose:

• Inhaled albuterol (also called salbutamol): maximum 1600 micrograms over 24 hours in divided doses, not to exceed 800 micrograms over 12 hours starting from any dose;
  • Inhaled formoterol: maximum delivered dose of 54 micrograms over 24 hours;
  • Inhaled salmeterol: maximum 200 micrograms over 24 hours
it was a red inhaler, probably albuterol. I guess it will come down to the dosage.

Give this guy 100+ upvotes for this research

<Gordonhat><Gordonhat><Gordonhat>

Can this cheating bum be cut now? He's literally one of the most boring fighters I've ever seen.

Just a pinch of air in an olympic sized man. nothing to see here

Absolute bullshit if you ask me

Greg Hardy

<CanYouSeeMeNow>

Thing is, would we not have been aware of that somehow if so? Like it surely would have been something that would have been spoken about, maybe?

For that reason like look how everyone was surprised by it.

It's obviously bullshit yet so ridiculous that I'm still geeking out laughing over it

Straight illegal. No different than guys being allowed to use trt! If you can’t breath on your own you shouldn’t be a fighter!

This is fake new. The inhaler was very silent, it was definitely not done aloud.

Boston has always been fucked up when it comes to the UFC ... remember when they fired (suspended?) the cop because he fought in UFC even though it was sanctioned?

Thing is, would we not have been aware of that somehow if so? Like it surely would have been something that would have been spoken about, maybe?

For that reason like look how everyone was surprised by it.
Ya I don’t get it at all. It’s the definition of a ped

That's what I was thinking, like should fighters fight who are asthmatic?

I'm not going to pretend I'm fully clued up on the asthma thing as it's not something I've thought about before?
I've been a life long athlete while also having pretty bad asthma, Idk how drugs like albuterol go over with usada. But there are definitely ways to treat it without using an emergency inhaler.

I used to use an Advair disc in the morning and I'd almost never need my emergency inhaler throughout the day.
49628b17d31f4720a33be4c78c257b0f-advair-diskus_1.jpg

Back