Crime Greenwood shooting: "Good guy with gun" kills bad guy, but bad guy still kills and wounds others

How do you realistically keep the guns from flowing in though?

Border patrol for each state??
The source of the guns are the iron pipeline states where criminals have super easy access. They really should make it harder to obtain guns in those states.

I'm for the 2nd amendment but responsibly. It shouldn't be that easy to get guns in these states.
If it's a crime to bring illegal guns into a state then the state needs to impose adequate penalties for committing these crimes. The pipeline of guns into these strict gun law states also set themselves up with weak penalties for gun crimes. They are essentially saying "we know there is a gun issue and we can't control other states so our solution is to reduce legal penalties for gun crimes in our state". It's counter productive and makes the issue worse. Most guns moving illegally into a strict gun law state are going to hardened criminals.

If it's a crime to bring illegal guns into a state then the state needs to impose adequate penalties for committing these crimes. The pipeline of guns into these strict gun law states also set themselves up with weak penalties for gun crimes. They are essentially saying "we know there is a gun issue and we can't control other states so our solution is to reduce legal penalties for gun crimes in our state". It's counter productive and makes the issue worse. Most guns moving illegally into a strict gun law state are going to hardened criminals.

I'm all for much harsher penalties for criminals getting caught with illegal guns. However due to woke politics (restorative justice, revolving door criminal justice system) and no more stop and frisk policies by the police force (dats racist!!!) we should also target the source of these illegal guns.
I just want innocent civilians to be safe from idiotic gun violence that is so easily preventable if not for a political clusterfuck.

My apologies to you as I made the assumption that you were Christian since you were explaining where Good Samaritan comes from with detailed Bible references. I can tell by your broad brush against liberals and a unique focus on sexuality in America being such a high topic, that you are not Christian. They would/should focus on homelessness, pollution, those who are hungry, foster children, etc.

You may want to talk to someone about your fascination with wet dreams when you are critical of others talking about sexuality.
Lol, you do realize the wet dream is a common expression right? Sorry, I didn't realize you were such a Karen, will use something less offensive when addressing your concerns.
Some people have the ability to multitask and cc while taking food to people that aren't able to help themselves.
It might take baby steps but I know you can do several things at a time, I know you can.

I'm all for much harsher penalties for criminals getting caught with illegal guns. However due to woke politics (restorative justice, revolving door criminal justice system) and no more stop and frisk policies by the police force (dats racist!!!) we should also target the source of these illegal guns.
I just want innocent civilians to be safe from idiotic gun violence that is so easily preventable if not for a political clusterfuck.
Sure target the source. Just don’t target the law abiding citizens along the way. And any bans of any particular guns do exactly that, target law abiding citizens.

Sure target the source. Just don’t target the law abiding citizens along the way. And any bans of any particular guns do exactly that, target law abiding citizens.

The source has to do with the easy access to guns in red states. There needs to be a system so that non criminal red state citizens who want guns can have them after a background check and regjstry of what they have.

There is no realistic way of stopping bad guys from obtaining guns from the iron pipeline states unless we want to impose strict state border checkpoints (not realistic).

Regarding your other point I disagree. Why do we need to be able to buy machine guns? The Uvalde shooter easily bought an AR which is a weapon of war and powerful enough to keep an entire police squad at bay while he murdered innocent kids.

When the constitution was written the guns consisted of muskets that shot once every few minutes.

Let's not be ridiculous and allow these types of guns to citizens just because they are "fun". More tragedies will occur.

The source has to do with the easy access to guns in red states. There needs to be a system so that non criminal red state citizens who want guns can have them after a background check and regjstry of what they have.

Firearm registries have a bad history and the threat of government overreach. Why do you feel the government needs to know what private citizens own? "non criminal red state citizens"? Because only those people are your target? Your true colors are showing. Fuck dealing with "criminal blue state citizens" who are just as big of a part of the problem if not the actual problem?

There is no realistic way of stopping bad guys from obtaining guns from the iron pipeline states unless we want to impose strict state border checkpoints (not realistic).

There are already laws to avoid this issue. They are broken daily. Again, crack down on the current laws being broken. Why is that a bad thing? Your suggestion only targets "non-criminal red state citizens" (your words). Why not attempt to actually enforce what already is in place? Seriously, why not?

Regarding your other point I disagree. Why do we need to be able to buy machine guns? The Uvalde shooter easily bought an AR which is a weapon of war and powerful enough to keep an entire police squad at bay while he murdered innocent kids.

The AR15 is not a machine gun. You are either ignorant on firearms or being purposefully obtuse here. Yes an entire police department was held at bay...and a few weeks later a single 22 year old with a handgun engaged a mass shooter in a mall and dropped him from 40 yards with a hand gun. It's almost like the inanimate objects are just that and it boils down to the people. Crazy position I know....

When the constitution was written the guns consisted of muskets that shot once every few minutes.

And? Are you now going to try the old lame argument that the 2nd Amendment only applies to muskets? If you seriously are going to bring up muskets again I will only accept your responses on parchment, hand written with ink and quill and delivered by rider on horse back.

Let's not be ridiculous and allow these types of guns to citizens just because they are "fun". More tragedies will occur.

So you are actually not concerned with shutting down the iron pipeline, you are simply pushing for a so called "assault weapons" ban? Be honest here.

<LikeReally5>

Firearm registries have a bad history and the threat of government overreach. Why do you feel the government needs to know what private citizens own? "non criminal red state citizens"? Because only those people are your target? Your true colors are showing. Fuck dealing with "criminal blue state citizens" who are just as big of a part of the problem if not the actual problem?

There are already laws to avoid this issue. They are broken daily. Again, crack down on the current laws being broken. Why is that a bad thing? Your suggestion only targets "non-criminal red state citizens" (your words). Why not attempt to actually enforce what already is in place? Seriously, why not?

The AR15 is not a machine gun. You are either ignorant on firearms or being purposefully obtuse here. Yes an entire police department was held at bay...and a few weeks later a single 22 year old with a handgun engaged a mass shooter in a mall and dropped him from 40 yards with a hand gun. It's almost like the inanimate objects are just that and it boils down to the people. Crazy position I know....

And? Are you now going to try the old lame argument that the 2nd Amendment only applies to muskets? If you seriously are going to bring up muskets again I will only accept your responses on parchment, hand written with ink and quill and delivered by rider on horse back.

So you are actually not concerned with shutting down the iron pipeline, you are simply pushing for a so called "assault weapons" ban? Be honest here.

The guy who brought down the shooter in Indiana is a hero. He was in the right place at the right time and he was engaged.
It doesn't always have such a happy ending. Uvalde for instance.

ARs are scary guns. That's what the vegas concert shooter used too right?

Why don't you come up with a solution? I see you criticizing my ideas and saying we should just have stricter lawd that target the bad guys.

Well I'm saying that targeting the bad guys is good too but:

1) is it realistic at this point in time with woke politics?

2) its reactionary. Even back in the giuliani era in nyc there were bad guys with illegal guns shooting cops and business owners. They thought they could get away with it despite the gun charges being more strict back then.
A proactive approach would involve making it harder for bad guys to get guns so easily from the iron pipeline.

It's not one or the other. A lot of gun nuts think everything has to be mutually exclusive. Both approaches to reduce gun violence would work best (reduce the source and harsher penalties for bad guys caught with guns).

The guy who brought down the shooter in Indiana is a hero. He was in the right place at the right time and he was engaged.

Why don't you come up with a solution? I see you criticizing my ideas and saying we should just have stricter lawd that target the bad guys.

2) its reactionary. Even back in the giuliani era in nyc there were bad guys with illegal guns shooting cops and business owners. They thought they could get away with it despite the gun charges being more strict back then.
A proactive approach would involve making it harder for bad guys to get guns so easily from the iron pipeline.

It's not one or the other. A lot of gun nuts think everything has to be mutually exclusive. Both approaches to reduce gun violence would work best (reduce the source and harsher penalties for bad guys caught with guns).
What makes an AR "scarier" than other semi auto rifles?

Totally bro and by this same logic we've proven that laws against drunk driving and murder don't work.

It definitely doesn't always end well. But notice how you exclusively go for the doom and gloom? You tried to use Uvalde and the police response there as justification that citizens shouldn't be allowed AR's. I showed you with one example why the firearm doesn't matter and the character of the people involved does. Recently there was also a mom at a graduation party that stopped a shooter with an AR with her handgun as well. There are no set good or bad outcomes because AR's are involved no matter how much of that narrative you try to spin.

AR's are a simple firearm, and inanimate object. You are trying to use emotion to override facts. That's a weak tactic and doesn't work on anyone except those as emotionally weak as you are. Your ploy's of emotion and feels to try to diminish facts is telling.

I have given solutions. I'll say it again since you are slow on the uptake and are clearly driven by emotion and not intelligence. Ready?

Enforce existing laws. Vigorously enforce the existing laws. As an example of our federal government being weak on gun crime is the amount of prosecutions for lying on form 4473. Something like less than 2% of all people caught lying on the background check form (you know that thing you say will help) are prosecuted. The fucking Presidents son was caught flat out lying on that form and not a thing happened to him. Get it yet?

Fuck woke politics and that fact that you are using that as an excuse to turn your "aim" at law abiding citizens and not the actual criminals is just more weak and disgusting pandering on your part. You literally would feel better fucking over tens of millions of law abiding citizens to not not target actual criminals and the politicians who support those criminals over the law abiding. You, and your argument, are clearly morally bankrupt.

Ohh you've already shown your main goal is just to ban so called "assault weapons". You don't care if it fucks over regular people. You don't care if it's unconstitutional. You don't care if it has little to no results over all violent crime (especially when you look into the stats and find that blunt objects are used to kill more people every year than all rifles combined). You don't care for anything other than some bullshit feel good legislation that we already know won't help on the grand scale. You are just an anti-gun fanatic that knows fuck all about firearms and thinks AR's are "scary" so they need to be banned at all costs. Facts matter more than your feelings cupcake.

The only gun “nut” I know is on the left as his entire family. The matriarch has a thank you letter from M. Obama on her home office wall. He spends more cash on guns and ammunition than my rent. His prized rifle is worth more than my work truck. Can someone explain that

Stop and frisk policies are an assault on our 4th Amendment Rights. If police want to detain someone, they should need probable cause.

Stop and frisk policies are an assault on our 4th Amendment Rights. If police want to detain someone, they should need probable cause.

Yes it is, just like gun bans are an assault on the 2nd amendment.

Fired off 10 rounds, 8 on target, within seconds, from 40 yards (36.57 meters).

Fired off 10 rounds, 8 on target, within seconds, from 40 yards (36.57 meters).

jesus-christ-thats-jason-bourne-shocked.gif

Yes it is, just like gun bans are an assault on the 2nd amendment.

Great so because you cushy assholes need ur AR15s (2nd amendment) and even stop and frisk in places like Chicago (btw that should be probable cause enough) violates people's constitutional rights too, more innocent people will die.

Great. You guys are great for creating road blocks and red tape and not so much on the reducing gun violence solution aspect.

Great so because you cushy assholes need ur AR15s (2nd amendment) and even stop and frisk in places like Chicago (btw that should be probable cause enough) violates people's constitutional rights too, more innocent people will die.

Great. You guys are great for creating road blocks and red tape and not so much on the reducing gun violence solution aspect.

We have suggested ways to greatly reduce gun violence but that's not what you want.

Back