Greens supplements with oatmeal?

Saith

UFC poster boy
Reaction score
I'm just wondering if it's okay to mix greens supplements in with oatmeal (after you cook it) to help distribute the taste and make it easier to get down?

Yeah im sure your fine, people make shakes with this stuff so your not going to dilute it or ruin it in anyway.

its not a bad idea if i didnt have berry flavor i might take mine like this, but i dont think black berry will taste so good with plain oatmeal :)

after this post below me maybe the temp is important, im not sure now.

I'm just wondering if it's okay to mix greens supplements in with oatmeal (after you cook it) to help distribute the taste and make it easier to get down?

Temperature is pretty important. If the oatmeal is too hot, you'll kill the probiotics.

i have been eating my oatmeal without cooking it. it's that 3 minute oatmeal i find it tastes better without being cooked. i just add some bannana's and stawberries with milk.

i just throw the oats in the blender with my protein shakes

I'm just finished consuming Greens+ for the first time; I just mixed it in with some cranberry juice and it was pretty good. However, it does tend to settle at the bottom and a good amount stuck to the sides. Anyone have any tips to prevent that? I feel like I'm not getting all the bang for my buck.

I found using a funnel to put 3 or 4 tsps of Greens + in a gallon of distilled water very effective, actually tastes good.. just shake and drink.

+1 on oats in a blender, three cups a day with my protein and apple/berries, baby. Makes for an excellent and nutritious breakfast.

Yeah im sure your fine, people make shakes with this stuff so your not going to dilute it or ruin it in anyway.

its not a bad idea if i didnt have berry flavor i might take mine like this, but i dont think black berry will taste so good with plain oatmeal :)

you just responded to your own post bro. Are you alright?

I'm just finished consuming Greens+ for the first time; I just mixed it in with some cranberry juice and it was pretty good. However, it does tend to settle at the bottom and a good amount stuck to the sides. Anyone have any tips to prevent that? I feel like I'm not getting all the bang for my buck.

When I do take Greens+ and water instead of with my PWO shake, I use 500mL of water in a large glass, mix it up with a spoon as per normal, and leave the spoon in; I hold the spoon against the side of the glass as I drink, and periodically re-mix it.

Don't want to hijack the thread, but I think this is fairly on-topic:

Has anyone ever tried Trader Joe's "Very Green" supplement? The price was $9.99, almost half of what the NOW Nutrition brand was selling for on bodybuilding.com

who are you talking to?

Now that ive been looking at my quotes for the last 5 minutes im sure theres nothing wrong and your all screwing with me :icon_twis At least i hope lol.

When I do take Greens+ and water instead of with my PWO shake, I use 500mL of water in a large glass, mix it up with a spoon as per normal, and leave the spoon in; I hold the spoon against the side of the glass as I drink, and periodically re-mix it.

Ok, thanks for the tip. I think I'm going to start taking it with my casein shake at night time right before I go to sleep.

On a side note, I'm curious as to what you put in your PWO shake.

greens + water = the devil. Put it in anything not hot as someone else said that makes it tolerable. I put it in my morning shake with oats, fruit, evoo, protein etc.

I mix it with bottled water and chug it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.

I mix it with bottled water and chug it on an empty stomach first thing in the morning.

i could never get it all down like that. For a while i would mix it with about 1 cup of juice and take it as a shot basically. i would down water after that. Now i just put it in my morning shake or take the pills. hurray for greens+ pills!

Back