Greens Concentrate

MMA RLZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I recently saw a friend of mine use the stuff and he swears by it. I've done a little research, but I'm going to GNC tonight and my questions are:

1) Is it any good?
2) Which brand?
3) Is it good in shakes?
4) What time of day do I take it, ie, wake up, PWO, before bed? (I work out at noon or 5:30 or both)
5) Does it help with weight loss?

Thanks for your time.

I've tried several, I don't know if they work or not, but I see them as diet insurance. I know I don't eat a particularly diverse diet, nor does it contain a plethora of greens/plants so I take the best multi I can and add greens to my protein shakes.

I started with Emerald Balance, but was not impressed with its performance.
Then I used Xtreme Greens by NRG Labs, it wasn't bad but I felt like it stopped working.
I currently use vegetable greens by Ultimat Nutrition, and it's not bad but I'm not impressed.

If there was a definitive "best" greens product I'd be open to try it as in theory they sound like fantastic supplements.

But you can substitute them for spending a trillion dollars on the salads I make all the time, or do you still need to have greens (spinach, kale, other salad ingredients, etc) on the reg?

But you can substitute them for spending a trillion dollars on the salads I make all the time, or do you still need to have greens (spinach, kale, other salad ingredients, etc) on the reg?

That I can't tell you.

Supplements are there to supplement your diet. A general rule is that if you can get it in food form, eat it in food form.

I used to get greens powder and I'll still buy it every once in a while if it's on clearance. I just view it as insurance on me making sure I'm getting enough greens. I know I sometimes slack in that department, but I don't value greens powder enough to always have it on hand. I don't think you'll notice any difference in performance or anything.

Supplements are there to supplement your diet. A general rule is that if you can get it in food form, eat it in food form.

I used to get greens powder and I'll still buy it every once in a while if it's on clearance. I just view it as insurance on me making sure I'm getting enough greens. I know I sometimes slack in that department, but I don't value greens powder enough to always have it on hand. I don't think you'll notice any difference in performance or anything.

This was my gut reaction to the supplement. I know my diet could use extra greens but cost, time, spoilage make it hard to cram extra vegies in there, I eat broccolli and string beans daily.

a) no proof they are good for anything
b) most come with all kinds of other shit in it
c) make your own by buying barley grass juice powder and spirulina and acai and modified citrus pectin and putting a teaspoon in your shake

I started with Emerald Balance, but was not impressed with its performance.
Then I used Xtreme Greens by NRG Labs, it wasn't bad but I felt like it stopped working.
I currently use vegetable greens by Ultimat Nutrition, and it's not bad but I'm not impressed.

I work for the company that makes Emerald Balance. Thats actually no-gimmicks supplement created by a certified nutritionist and herbalist named Jan Lovejoy.

I don't promote that though I promote EcoDrink inside various Costco locations

a) no proof they are good for anything
b) most come with all kinds of other shit in it
c) make your own by buying barley grass juice powder and spirulina and acai and modified citrus pectin and putting a teaspoon in your shake

a) of course not. it's usually a mix of antioxidants from different greens. whose gonna study this, ever?
b) lol yea? like what ... oh wait
c) totally go with acai if you are skeptical about greens / fruits / grasses supplementations :icon_cry2

If at least 2 of your 6-7 meals a day are Salads, and you eat veggies as the base carbohydrate complement to your proteins in the other meals, then you really don't need a Greens supplement.

Otherwise, it's definitely a good insurance policy. If cost isn't that important to you, then it's always a good idea as backup.

I recently saw a friend of mine use the stuff and he swears by it. I've done a little research, but I'm going to GNC tonight and my questions are:

1) Is it any good? I THINK THEY WORK, NO MEASURABLES TO GIVE YOU THOUGH
2) Which brand? I USE SUPER GREENS BY TRUEPROTEIN
3) Is it good in shakes? I PUT FIBER AND SUPER GREENS INTO THE SHAKES AND DON'T REALLY TASTE IT, BUT THEN AGAIN I NORMALLY CHUG THE SHAKES DOWN PRETTY FAST SO I'M NOT TRYING TO "SAVOR" THE FLAVOR OF THE SHAKE. IT DOESN'T MAKE IT TASTE BAD THOUGH
4) What time of day do I take it, ie, wake up, PWO, before bed? (I work out at noon or 5:30 or both) I USE IT WHENEVER I TAKE A SHAKE (MINUS A PWO SHAKE)
5) Does it help with weight loss? IT COULD, BUT THIS IS MORE OF A FUNCTION OF OVERALL DIET THAN IT IS IF YOU USE OR DON'T USE A GREENS PRODUCT

Thanks for your time.

i'm in caps above. hope tha thelps

If you aren't eating greens with every meal they'll help.

If you're getting a green in every meal, they won't help much.

I am started taking this product for the past week (5 days). Greens+Multi+ (by genuine health)

I eat veggies with my meals regularly as well.

I kid you not, its tuff to drink, but i have noticed my energy levels at a constant high throughout the day.

I take it right in the mornings before i wake up, i do the pulg and chug format. It's like drinking swamp water. I dont know what it is but i feel more relaxed, an increase of energy, and i'm not as angry. LOL.

I also train quite hard and play ice hockey. I've noticed that i was on fire during the game.

Though, i have also, this week, started to cut down on my sugar intake level as well. See steve nash diet.

There is a capsule format, but it wasn't cost effective because it says take 12caps...whatthejunk!.

this is the one i take.
supplements, natural, healthy, happiness, beauty, multi-vitamin, omega 3 | Genuine Health

If at least 2 of your 6-7 meals a day are Salads, and you eat veggies as the base carbohydrate complement to your proteins in the other meals, then you really don't need a Greens supplement.

It depends on what veggies he is eating. Celery and iceberg lettuce are probably two of the most popularly eaten vegetables and also two of the least nutritious. Not all vegetables are created equal.

At one point I was making daily use of Greens+. To save money I've opted for 2-3 simple spinach salads each day with bacon. I also drink low sodium V8.

At one point I was making daily use of Greens+. To save money I've opted for 2-3 simple spinach salads each day with bacon. I also drink low sodium V8.

I think most people go through a similar process. At some point they simply think "aw fuck this shit, $30 a bottle and it tastes like ass. I'll just make a salad...with bacon".

Spinach goes with anything. I throw loads in my omelets, good way to get greens.

Broccoli? Probably not technically a green, but it's damn good with cheddar and sour cream.

Try bacon grease on kale.

I think most people go through a similar process. At some point they simply think "aw fuck this shit, $30 a bottle and it tastes like ass. I'll just make a salad...with bacon".

Well for me, part of it was I would ofter forget to take the Greens+.

I tried Greens+ a couple of different ways....all of them tasted like a week-dead vegetarian hooker's vag (or what I would imagine it to anyways).

Tried it in a protein shake.
Tried with apple juice.
Tried with cranberry.
On its own.

Could not stand any of them...and I usually have no problems with any tastes.

Maybe it is just that Brand, but it turned me off green supps and back to making time for brocc and spinach for a while.

Well for me, part of it was I would ofter forget to take the Greens+.

that too. i had a large jug of it in my fridge for quite awhile. even the decent tasting Greens+ Berry I didn't take regularly. Eating food wasn't really something I could forget to do on a regular basis though, so real food for the win.

Back