Green Vs White (drug test decisions)

Demaestro

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
So I am really curious about a couple things I am hoping some people can clarify.

The 2 cases I am thinking about are:
Nick Diaz vs Gomi
and
JBJ Vs DC

Nick was caught smoking weed, his win was overturned because it was deemed a performance enhancer... I believe the reason giving was it dulled pain and gave Nick an edge.

JBJ was caught with cocaine and his win wasn't overturned and the reason given is that it is not a performance enhancer, only banned.

So my questions are.

1) Is weed considered performance enhancing and cocaine isn't?
2) Is weed not considered performance enhancing but in Nick's case it was deemed that it was as a special circumstance.
3) Was it because it was in Nick's system during the fight and the cocaine was not in Jon's system during the fight, that the fight was overturned?

I find it really silly weed could be deemed performance enhancing for pain reasons but cocaine wouldn't....

Does anyone have any insight on the differences in these cases that would get one overturned and not the other?

You are completely wrong in your assessment of the situation. Please read one of the other 5000 threads on this topic to get up to speed.

b5703-Comeonbitch.gif

But cocaine stays in your system only for a couple of days, weed even for a month.

I doubt Nick was high during the fight. Or was he?

Doesn't matter. They only test for it (both) in competition. Don't fuck up and still have enough traces in your system to fail the test. That's all. I believe since nicks fail the test threshold is actually higher and he would pass today.

It's ridiculous how people STILL don't seem to get this very simple situation.

is normal

The problem I personally have with this is jones would have done the blow closer to the fight then nick smoked a joint, Coke is just out of your system a lot quicker then pot, so if they caught it in his system during training camp it should have the same effect as a little bit of pot they caught in diaz system

The problem I personally have with this is jones would have done the blow closer to the fight then nick smoked a joint, Coke is just out of your system a lot quicker then pot, so if they caught it in his system during training camp it should have the same effect as a little bit of pot they caught in diaz system

Tough shit for potheads. They should upgrade imo.

Tough shit for potheads. They should upgrade imo.

its the unfortunate truth really, you go work on the oil rigs outwest (Canada) and all you get is people doing blow all the time cause of how fast its out of your system, hard pressed to find a joint when your out there
id personally rather have a group of potheads running shit like that then a bunch of coke heads

then go invent a better drug test. Until then, this is how it works.

How do you know Diaz didn't smoke it closer to the fight than Jones did?

don't you guys get sick of making threads about the same things. All I see these days is Conor McGregor, Jones doing Coke, ext.. What else can possibly be said about these topics. Lets talk about some up and coming prospects or something. That Johnny Case guy fighting this Sunday looked pretty sharp in his last fight. Same with Chris Wade. Im excited to see what both these guys are gonna do at 155 pounds.

then go invent a better drug test. Until then, this is how it works.

well coke can stay in your hair cells a lot longer but I doubt they are going to be doing that type of testing on fighters, and easy answer to that is shave your head
But yea I agree its how it works, atleast the up'd the amount of pot that's allowed to be in your system

I could have my facts wrong, but i thought Diaz had very high levels in his system. meaning smoking weed was a daily thing or he blazed up just before the test.

in competition vs out of competition

The in competition verses out of competition argument is complete BS! A banned substance is a Banned substance. As far as the comparison goes, Weed stays in your system for up to 30 days, sometimes less. Cocain stays in your system for up to four to 10 days depending on the individual and their habit. Diaz marijuana metabolites were low enough that he proved that it was weeks before the test and that he was not in competition and on top of that he had a prescription for it as well. the NSAC still punished him because it was a banned substance. You can't get a prescription for cocain and the same with Diaz, if you are training, you are in competition.

For those of you that say Coke isn't a performance enhancing drug than you no nothing about the drug itself. Just like PED's it gives the user confidence, burst of energy for training and you definitely helps you lose weight.

I personally think that all of the cocain talk is just a cover up for the PED's that Jones should have been busted on. the entire situation sounds like one big cover up by the UFC and NSAC.

How do you know Diaz didn't smoke it closer to the fight than Jones did?

cokes out of your system so quick that he literally would have had to do it a day or 2 at most before he was tested. The diaz thing I cant remember the exact numbers but it wasn't much thc that was found in his system and they recently changed the rule on how much is allowed to be in your system since where he would have past the test if the rules were how they are now

So really just an educated guess

But cocaine stays in your system only for a couple of days, weed even for a month.

I doubt Nick was high during the fight. Or was he?

Thus the argument made by Nick's lawyer. That isn't the concern of the commission though

Back