green tea

Please explain the health benefits of consuming pure sugar.

take a look sir. You don't have to put gobs of it on either, just a dash.

WHFoods: Honey

Raw Honey - An Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Viral, Anti-Fungal Substance

The health benefits of honey - like all foods - depend on the quality of the honey. But in this case, the situation is even more extreme, because the pollen that collects on the bees' legs as they move from plant to plant is only as healthful and as diverse as those plants. In addition, the processing of honey often removes many of the phytonutrients found in raw honey as it exists in the hive. Raw honey, for example, contains small amounts of the same resins found in propolis. Propolis, sometimes called "bee glue," is actually a complex mixture of resins and other substances that honeybees use to seal the hive and make it safe from bacteria and other micro-organisms. Honeybees make propolis by combining plant resins with their own secretions. However, substances like road tar have also been found in propolis. Bee keepers sometimes use special screens around the inside of the hive boxes to trap propolis, since bees will spread this substance around the honeycomb and seal cracks with the anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal resins. The resins found in propolis only represent a small part of the phytonutrients found in propolis and honey, however. Other phytonutrients found both in honey and propolis have been shown to posssess cancer-preventing and anti-tumor properties. These substances include caffeic acid methyl caffeate, phenylethyl caffeate, and phenylethyl dimethylcaffeate. Researchers have discovered that these substances prevent colon cancer in animals by shutting down activity of two enzymes, phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C and lipoxygenase. When raw honey is extensively processed and heated, the benefits of these phytonutrients are largely eliminated.

This is the first time I've heard of someone not liking the taste of plain green tea.

Maybe you'd like jasmine tea more.

i drink it plain but if im alittle under the weight range i want i will get some snapple green tea omg its delicious fattening but its great i havent tried the diet yet though

take a look sir. You don't have to put gobs of it on either, just a dash.

WHFoods: Honey

Raw Honey - An Anti-Bacterial, Anti-Viral, Anti-Fungal Substance

The health benefits of honey - like all foods - depend on the quality of the honey. But in this case, the situation is even more extreme, because the pollen that collects on the bees' legs as they move from plant to plant is only as healthful and as diverse as those plants. In addition, the processing of honey often removes many of the phytonutrients found in raw honey as it exists in the hive. Raw honey, for example, contains small amounts of the same resins found in propolis. Propolis, sometimes called "bee glue," is actually a complex mixture of resins and other substances that honeybees use to seal the hive and make it safe from bacteria and other micro-organisms. Honeybees make propolis by combining plant resins with their own secretions. However, substances like road tar have also been found in propolis. Bee keepers sometimes use special screens around the inside of the hive boxes to trap propolis, since bees will spread this substance around the honeycomb and seal cracks with the anti-bacterial, anti-viral, and anti-fungal resins. The resins found in propolis only represent a small part of the phytonutrients found in propolis and honey, however. Other phytonutrients found both in honey and propolis have been shown to posssess cancer-preventing and anti-tumor properties. These substances include caffeic acid methyl caffeate, phenylethyl caffeate, and phenylethyl dimethylcaffeate. Researchers have discovered that these substances prevent colon cancer in animals by shutting down activity of two enzymes, phosphatidylinositol-specific phospholipase C and lipoxygenase. When raw honey is extensively processed and heated, the benefits of these phytonutrients are largely eliminated.

Sounds like a lot of unsubstantiated stuff to me. Also, there's no indication that the small benefit you'd get from these trace amounts of phytonutrients are worth consuming pure sugar. This is if we assume that people are consuming the raw honey which I'm sure 90%+ of people are not.

I got some green tea pills i take.So you culd try them in a pill form.

Just suffer through it and you'll get used to the taste

Sounds like a lot of unsubstantiated stuff to me. Also, there's no indication that the small benefit you'd get from these trace amounts of phytonutrients are worth consuming pure sugar. This is if we assume that people are consuming the raw honey which I'm sure 90%+ of people are not.

How can you say it's unsubstantiated? It has been studied thoroughly. I think you are just mainly against it because of the sugar content.

Please see links.

Causes of the antimicrobial activity of honey. [Infection. 1998 Jan-Feb] - PubMed Result

Waikato Honey Research Unit - Honey as an Antimicrobial Agent

wiki said:
In studies of interpersonal attraction, the more often a person is seen by someone, the more pleasing and likeable that person appears to be.
I can say for sure that is some total bullshit. lol I can name over a 100 girls that would disprove this theory. lol

How can you say it's unsubstantiated? It has been studied thoroughly. I think you are just mainly against it because of the sugar content.

Please see links.

Causes of the antimicrobial activity of honey. [Infection. 1998 Jan-Feb] - PubMed Result

Waikato Honey Research Unit - Honey as an Antimicrobial Agent

Not to throw fuel on the fire...

Fructose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/final-fructose-vs-glucose-1012958/

... go turbozed lol

I can say for sure that is some total bullshit. lol I can name over a 100 girls that would disprove this theory. lol

Not to throw fuel on the fire...

Fructose - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f15/final-fructose-vs-glucose-1012958/

... go turbozed lol

Well I don't think fructose in high levels is good for any diet. But a small amount in your tea won't hurt.

The health effects of the green tea will surely override any potential damage from a few drops of honey.

Well I don't think fructose in high levels is good for any diet. But a small amount in your tea won't hurt.
Perhaps not compared to the other crap people take in. In all fairness, you did say...
honey for sure. Great health benefits.
... and the argument is not about whether or not it's not going to hurt, but about it's health benefits.

The health effects of the green tea will surely override any potential damage from a few drops of honey.
Basing this opinion on what? This theory you have is the equivalent of saying; I smoke cigarettes, but I eat really healthy so my food will outweigh any negative effects the cigarettes have on my body.

Perhaps not compared to the other crap people take in. In all fairness, you did say... ... and the argument is not about whether or not it's not going to hurt, but about it's health benefits.

Basing this opinion on what? This theory you have is the equivalent of saying; I smoke cigarettes, but I eat really healthy so my food will outweigh any negative effects the cigarettes have on my body.

That is not a fair comparison. Any knowledgeable person knows that cigarettes even in low intake amounts are extremely bad for you even with exercise.

It is easy to hypothesize that a very small amount of fructose will have no long term effect if taken with tea and especially if you live a relatively health style.

I was merely mentioning the health benefits regarding antimicrobial properties.

I understand that they are really not comparable. I'm just exercising the idea that it's okay to eat something bad for you, because you eat healthy as well. An apple does not cover up the negative sides of a cheese burger. You know what I mean?

The green tea will not play a combative role against the honey. If you have something that is considered unhealthy once in a while it will not have near the effect based on the fact that you eat healthy 99% of the time. But you cannot say that I'm going to eat this big mac and then an apple to outweigh any negative characteristics of the big mac.

Nopes just plain other wise like if you add honey or something the calories will also be added....

Lead a normal life - Without Blushing!, with the help of BLUSHER's MANUAL

I understand that they are really not comparable. I'm just exercising the idea that it's okay to eat something bad for you, because you eat healthy as well. An apple does not cover up the negative sides of a cheese burger. You know what I mean?

The green tea will not play a combative role against the honey. If you have something that is considered unhealthy once in a while it will not have near the effect based on the fact that you eat healthy 99% of the time. But you cannot say that I'm going to eat this big mac and then an apple to outweigh any negative characteristics of the big mac.

I think his point was that it's okay to take a small negative if it encourages you to engage in a large positive. Shit, it eating one big mac encourages someone to eat 10-12 servings of veggies a day, I think it's worth it if they wouldn't eat that much otherwise.

Shit, it eating one big mac encourages someone to eat 10-12 servings of veggies a day, I think it's worth it if they wouldn't eat that much otherwise.
What?? Or you could just man up, and do what you need to do. Either way it's not my body, so do as you wish.

So I went for my weekly sushi fix and I got green tea instead of the usual black tea we get... This stuff was so much more mellow and earthy than my tea, I figure this was because well, they're japanese and also have good tea, so I ask the guy what's up with their tea vs my tea. He laughed at me then told me I need to use whole leave tea (which I figured they used anyways) but then he tells me the use roasted rice in the tea.

What's up with this? By this I mean, how do you do it? Anyone know? Steam rice first then roast then steep? I NEED to be able to replicate this taste

**EDIT**

I just kinda answered my own question: Genmaicha Green Tea from In Pursuit of Tea
I guess you just buy it.

I start drinking coffee at a very early age. Now im nearly 22, and I've just recently went over to tea.. The trick for me was to make it very diluted at first. About 2 bags/liter. I love it. Drink like 2 liters a day. I make one in the morning and one in the evening.

Problem with coffee for me was I had become too much of a connoisseur lol. I could only drink very specific brands etc. Everything else just didn't taste as good as it used too. Tea will always be tea, and even the cheaper brands taste good.

Hope this helped.

I'm a huge fan of green tea. It's awesome early in the morning and after meals.
To get the total green tea experience...try loose leaf tea. Basically, the grocery store tea bags are made up of tiny crushed up pieces of tea leaves. As a result, a lot of the natural oils and stuff from the tea leaves dry up and you don't get to benefit from them. With loose leaf tea, you have larger pieces of the tea leaves...so you get a lot more of the healthy ingredients than from a regular store bought tea bag. Not to mention it tastes waaaay better.
Google it for more info.

Back