green tea

there's a considerable amount of difference between brands. Tazo is said to be pretty good for an authentic green tea taste, if you can find it it would serve as a good comparison to lipton.

im from hawaii, and over here most people just drink whatever brand they can find in the asian food section and drink it hot......theres definitely a different taste to it when its hot and when its cold. cold tends to be a lot more bitter when taken by itself.

grappler1979 said:
i thought i would be healthy and get some
fuck it tastes disgusting
do you guys add anything to the stuff?
ie sugar, honey, milk?
cheers

Really? I like the taste of green tea by itself. Curious, how do you feel about coffee? For me I can't stand black coffee, its too bitter tasting for me unless I put tons of sugar and cream.

well i was hooked on red bull for ages
i hate coffee
so i figured i would try green tea
now all i have is green tea and water

Boondocksaint said:
After a year in Japan, green tea became my favorite drink.

I can feel it powering my chi :D
I agree. Drinking hot green tea while at my computer or just chilling definitley puts me in a relaxed/positive state of mind. I don't drink too much in the summer. Maybe its psychological, maybe its because i have to drink it slow, maybe it is empowering my chi but its definitley agreeable to me.

Hey Urban...

I tried your method with brewing tea. I have a pretty big kettle, so I used two tea bags for 3 minutes, and then mixed in some honey afterwords. Good stuff. Thanks for the info bro.

i drink it raw, just water , no honey no sugar, cuz thats how the old masters drank thiers

{hears the faint sound of monks chanting in the backround.......}

I'm not in to hot drinks, too lazy to wait for them to cool! never drunk tea or coffee. I cheat and take Reflex 'green tea' capsules. Not sure about the drawbacks over the drinks, but it's easier, doesn't taste bad and I can swallow a pill instead of 6-8 cups of tea!

honey...i think i read somewhere that milk does something to the catechins in the tea?

more refreshing than water once you get the taste for it

I've been using the green tea extract caps...seem to be ok

While on the topic of green tea, can anyone recommend a good brand of capsules? I sit in an ambulance 12+ hours a day, so I cant brew up tea or even keep a bottle cold at work. So Im just looking for a good trusted brand that doesnt give you the runs, my friend bought the cheap kind from costco and they always gave him the runs. >.< lol.

Doesn't taste bad to me ^^

But I guess you can add a bit of honey and a squeeze of lemon in your tea.

Love the stuff, I'm curently in the office with a cup of black coffee and a cup of straight green tea. on nom

While on the topic of green tea, can anyone recommend a good brand of capsules? I sit in an ambulance 12+ hours a day, so I cant brew up tea or even keep a bottle cold at work. So Im just looking for a good trusted brand that doesnt give you the runs, my friend bought the cheap kind from costco and they always gave him the runs. >.< lol.

NSI is a decent brand. Been using these for a while and haven't had any weird side effects

Please explain the health benefits of consuming pure sugar.

I'm sure he's talking about the very very small traces of antioxidants and the antibacterial properties, among the other new age crap. Most of which aren't beneficial at all in my eyes when you consider how much sugar you have to eat to get these "benefits".

Coconut oil has antioxidants and antibacterial properties without the sugar, and a host other non-new age benefits.

Back