Green Bay Packers 2021 Offseason

That lost is on King and Mike Pettine. If Pettine isn't fired today or tomorrow and is back next year I might not watch.

I have a question. And not being a smart ass. But what if the Packers had won that game? Would everyone still be calling to fire Pettine and/or King? Either it's the right call or the wrong call regardless of the outcome. IMO if you want to fire him b/c of his D coordinating then you do it whether they win or lose. It's like the people who want to fire a special teams coach when he calls a fake punt and it fails but praise him for being "gutsy" when he calls a fake punt and it works.

I have a question. And not being a smart ass. But what if the Packers had won that game? Would everyone still be calling to fire Pettine and/or King? Either it's the right call or the wrong call regardless of the outcome. IMO if you want to fire him b/c of his D coordinating then you do it whether they win or lose. It's like the people who want to fire a special teams coach when he calls a fake punt and it fails but praise him for being "gutsy" when he calls a fake punt and it works.
People wanted Pettine fired for at least 1,5 years now (ESPECIALLY Greg haha), so yes.

As for King:

If Pettine called that play before the half and King got burned for two TDs? I would yes be calling for Pettine's head.

HELL, I was calling for his head back in like Week 7. The guy plays to not lose and it's infuckingfuriating. I also get you need to drop pass rushers into coverage once in awhile but this year it felt like Preston Smith spent more time in zone coverage than he did rushing the passer.

HE ALSO HAD CHANDON FUCKING SULLIVAN COVERING GODWIN AND EVANS TO START THE GAME! Why wasn't Jaire shadowing the guy that was most likely to wreck you? The guy is among the best lockdown corners in the league and opposing QBs only got like 140 yards against him during the regular season.

If they had won I'd be more willing to see how King would do in the SB before saying to not resign him. But I am already pretty close to saying "don't resign him" cause the motherfucker has spent MORE TIME HUR THAN HE HAS SPENT PLAYING and he is still on a rookie deal. He's made of fucking glass and when he does play he's always out of position and just not that great.

People wanted Pettine fired for at least 1,5 years now (ESPECIALLY Greg haha), so yes.

As for King:

Pettine I was excited for initially cause when he was with the Browns, with the dumpster fire the team was when he was there their defense was ok at least and it was a change from Capers.

Now though, it feels like we're watching Capers again just without the familiar players from the Capers system. FUCKING FIRE PETTINE and fucking offer the entire salary to Wade Phillips given he's looking to get back into coaching.

King is gone regardless. He’s a FA, they have higher priorities to re-sign, he hasn’t played well this year and is injury prone. People have been on Pettines case all year too, there were rumors he was going to get fired mid season. He isn’t even a guy LaFleur hired, so he doesn’t have any ties to him. He just wanted to keep continuity with the defense when he was hired. Special teams coach should be gone too, they were one of the worst in the league at all aspects besides the kicker position

As for King:

Fair enough :) - The straw that broke the camel's back then I guess. It does make sense if Packers want to keep Aaron happy and they want a bit of a scapegoat. It's clearly not all on that DC as clearly there were people having issues with him before. King.....yikes, didn't realize he was ranked that low. Maybe Pettine needs to realize that and protect him a bit and not leave him out there to get torched.

King is gone regardless. He’s a FA, they have higher priorities to re-sign, he hasn’t played well this year and is injury prone. People have been on Pettines case all year too, there were rumors he was going to get fired mid season. He isn’t even a guy LaFleur hired, so he doesn’t have any ties to him. He just wanted to keep continuity with the defense when he was hired. Special teams coach should be gone too, they were one of the worst in the league at all aspects besides the kicker position

Didn't realize that......ya, he's gone!! lol. Which is normal right? Most Head coaches eventually bring their own guys in anyway.

Fair enough :) - The straw that broke the camel's back then I guess. It does make sense if Packers want to keep Aaron happy and they want a bit of a scapegoat. It's clearly not all on that DC as clearly there were people having issues with him before. King.....yikes, didn't realize he was ranked that low. Maybe Pettine needs to realize that and protect him a bit and not leave him out there to get torched.
It is definitely not all on Pettine, like I said in the other thread, IMO he called a good game except for that one play. Constantly had them in 3rd and long situations and then individual players made mistakes. Guys couldn't get pressure on 3rd and long, Z, Gary and Preston all had bad games, not his fault. But the last two seasons combined will likely get him fired and LaFleur bringing "his" guy in.
Even with his playcall, credit to Andy Herman for mentioning this, King should have just committed a ridiculous foul on the play, in that case the Bucs likely kick a FG.

Probably had a 158.3 rating before that Evans drop
King seems like a good person and I feel for him, but damn when he acted out after that drop I was mad as hell lmao.

Didn't realize that......ya, he's gone!! lol. Which is normal right? Most Head coaches eventually bring their own guys in anyway.
Yeah and he did pretty much everywhere else, but being an offense guy and Pettine just came in one year before he decided to keep the defense the same, which was perfectly fair. But yeah in turn he won’t have as big of a leash

It is definitely not all on Pettine, like I said in the other thread, IMO he called a good game except for that one play. Constantly had them in 3rd and long situations and then individual players made mistakes. Guys couldn't get pressure on 3rd and long, Z, Gary and Preston all had bad games, not his fault. But the last two seasons combined will likely get him fired and LaFleur bringing "his" guy in.
Even with his playcall, credit to Andy Herman for mentioning this, King should have just committed a ridiculous foul on the play, in that case the Bucs likely kick a FG.

King seems like a good person and I feel for him, but damn when he acted out after that drop I was mad as hell lmao.
Wish we had Byron Murphy instead.

You play to avoid the big play #1 and #2 to tackle them in bounds so they would run out of time to even kick the field goal. Pettine called plays to avoid the big play his entire tenure in GB and somehow in that fucking situation he did not, absolutely mind boggling.

@rearnakedchoke

Tagging you because you are one of the few smart Brady fans. Why does everything have to be on the QB, win or loss? It's stupid and easily the worst thing about this awesome sport.

- Kevin King getting burned for two TDs and in general the entire game
- Adams dropping a TD
- Redmond dropping the interception
- Pettine playcall
- Rodgers pick / missed PI on the same play
- Jones fumbling
- EQ dropping two points
- OTs playing shit
- special teams being garbage
- Rodgers not running there, holding the ball too long sometimes

Those are all reasons the Packers lost (and more that I forgot, also some including Aaron). So yes, Rodgers was a part of it but far from the main part. Brady was a part of the win for his good throws in half one, but the defense won them the game in half two despite his three picks.
That’s a historical stance of the game. The qb touches the ball on every offensive play practically and has been seen as the leader on and off the field. Every qb needs weapons, but IMO some qbs just do better with less talented weapons and actually make their players try to be better players. That is what separates the greats from the once in a generation players.

That’s a historical stance of the game. The qb touches the ball on every offensive play practically and has been seen as the leader on and off the field. Every qb needs weapons, but IMO some qbs just do better with less talented weapons and actually make their players try to be better players. That is what separates the greats from the once in a generation players.
Not every historical stance is correct, though. QB still has nothing to do with 2 of 3 phases of the game (you could argue that field position helps or hurts special teams and D, but you get the point), he can help his O-Line, TEs, WRs and RBs but ultimately they have to have their own good, average or bad performances. Bad leaders hurt the team but lets be honest, none of the iconic QBs are terrible leaders.

I'm aware of the incredible importance of the position, it is easily the most important in team sports that I know of at least. There are also tons of games in which the QB performance loses or wins the team the game. I just disagree with the notion that the QB performance is the sole reason for every single result. The game yesterday was a good example of that, Will Redmond dropping the pick changes the entire dynamic of the game and him dropping it had nothing to do with Tom. Then right after halftime, Jones fumbles for the second time in the game, that had nothing to do with Rodgers either. Bucs receivers dropping passes also had nothing to do with Brady, why should I hold that against him?

It is just a very weird way to look at the sport imo and is pretty disrespectful to any other impactful players.

Elite level QB playing along with one of the shittiest defensive performances in the league. It was literally 8 seconds left in first half and they let them score TD. Then they come out and fumble the ball. They couldn't stop them on 3rd. It was like chicken without the head running around. And they started the game very soft while Bucs came to play. Bucs were more energized and GB warmed up too late in the game. Rodgers should leave and try to win the SB with another team. They keep promising to build the right team for him but no bueno.

I'm not a Packers fans. In fact, I'm a Vikings fan....but even I have to feel bad for Rogers. His front office and his coaches continue to make it nearly impossible for him. Instead of drafting some help to win this year....they draft a QB??? Then kick a field goal and give the ball back to Brady? Rogers turning into the Clayton Kershaw, James Harden type person. Amazing in the regular season then can't make the final step.

29 seasons with Favre and Rogers at the helm and you can only manage 2 rings so far?? Put it this way. The Baltimore Ravens have any many SuperBowl wins as the Packers and they did it with Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco.

Huge failure by the Packers IMO. Time to let Rogers go to a well run team.

Never thought of it that way with your Ravens comparison.

I start laughing harder every time I see Lang roast his ass.

Back