Green Bay Packers: 2020-2021 - I'm so confused

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best wide receiver tandem of the last decade according to fake stats PFF....

Jordy and Cobb.
They better pray that Lazard continues to be pretty dominant and that EQ stays healthy and plays up to his potential; first half of 2019 MVS is welcome too.

Apparently they made a "competitive" offer to Snacks in the offseason. Not sure if that is still a thing, but this and the Griffen news shows a certain willingness to still add to the roster. No idea how they would fit a middle priced FA / trade player under the cap, though.

They better pray that Lazard continues to be pretty dominant and that EQ stays healthy and plays up to his potential; first half of 2019 MVS is welcome too.

Apparently they made a "competitive" offer to Snacks in the offseason. Not sure if that is still a thing, but this and the Griffen news shows a certain willingness to still add to the roster. No idea how they would fit a middle priced FA / trade player under the cap, though.
I personally would prefer they make a run at a guy like Hogan over more DL help. Clark could use another guy next to him to take some pressure off but Daniels is available and would likely be cheaper than both Snacks and Griffen and he's played with a ton of the team once before.

The team needs middle of the field guys that can break good mid ran routes to take the pressure off the deep threat guys. The team needs a talented slot receiver that allows Adams, Lazard, and whoever else to run without all the focus. Hell, even getting a consistent TE threat would do it.

I personally would prefer they make a run at a guy like Hogan over more DL help. Clark could use another guy next to him to take some pressure off but Daniels is available and would likely be cheaper than both Snacks and Griffen and he's played with a ton of the team once before.

The team needs middle of the field guys that can break good mid ran routes to take the pressure off the deep threat guys. The team needs a talented slot receiver that allows Adams, Lazard, and whoever else to run without all the focus. Hell, even getting a consistent TE threat would do it.
They moved on from Daniels I think, would surprise me if they sign him. Clark needs some help for sure, he has to play way too many snaps, especially considering how much they will have to pay him soon.

I believe Deguara has a decent release and can get seperation on routes in the middle, Sternberger should make a step forward as well (great start...), maybe EQ can be a good slot guy.

Don't even care about the position, if they can land someone who can make a difference, that would be great. I'd even take Griffen as that would result in a nasty pass rush.

Can't wait for Gute to not give "his guy" skill position help in the next few years, lol.

gwrstvoqh8e51.jpg

Idk

I'd go:
1. Saquon
2. CMC
3. Kamara
4. Mixon
5. Cook
6. Henry
7. Chubb

Then it gets messy. I'd probably put Zeke over him based on his being keyed on by defenses. I guess I'd put him and Jacobs as 9a and 9b

Cook has missed more games than he's played.

I've enjoyed the Packers YouTube channel with players and coaches on conference calls.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJtI-l6La0zniodFtSHYrBg

The way the Packers have built their team might help them as they have many players that can probably accept the responsibility and avoid some of the stupid things that have happened to other sports teams.

The Smiths seem to be taking the loss to the 49ers very personally and seemed determined to stop the run much better.

I've enjoyed the Packers YouTube channel with players and coaches on conference calls.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJtI-l6La0zniodFtSHYrBg

The way the Packers have built their team might help them as they have many players that can probably accept the responsibility and avoid some of the stupid things that have happened to other sports teams.

The Smiths seem to be taking the loss to the 49ers very personally and seemed determined to stop the run much better.
Someone noted something on the Packers IG page. They haven't seen anyone save for maybe Reggie White coming to the Packers after years with another team, endear themselves faster to the GB fans than Z has. Someone mentioned Woodson and the response was that even though he came around and embraced the small town aspect eventually... Woodson initially debated retirement when he was traded to GB.

lol, Gute is terrible. He should have left WR alone and got snacks.

Those two guys he just signed aren't better than MVS, EQ, Lazard or Kumerow.

I thought La Fleur said they were set at the receiver position which was why they didn't draft one?
Pretty sure he did not say that in the way you suggested, still frustrating but we don't need to take things out of context. Same with his "Rodgers will be here for a long time" comment, the complete statement was totally different from what was reported and really didn't say anything.

lol, Gute is terrible. He should have left WR alone and got snacks.

Those two guys he just signed aren't better than MVS, EQ, Lazard or Kumerow.
It's just roster fodder/some competition, wouldn't surprise me if both don't even make the roster. I sadly don't expect any more terribly relevant moves.

Pretty sure he did not say that in the way you suggested, still frustrating but we don't need to take things out of context. Same with his "Rodgers will be here for a long time" comment, the complete statement was totally different from what was reported and really didn't say anything.

It's just roster fodder/some competition, wouldn't surprise me if both don't even make the roster. I sadly don't expect any more terribly relevant moves.

They expect Rodgers to do it all, sad really. Feel bad for the guy, possibly the most talented QB to ever play, and he's going to be stuck with 1 SB win.

They expect Rodgers to do it all, sad really. Feel bad for the guy, possibly the most talented QB to ever play, and he's going to be stuck with 1 SB win.
To be fair, for 2020 he will very likely have a strong running game with Jones, Dillon and Williams, likely a very good O-Line again and he does have a legit #1 receiver in Davante. It's really just a legit #2 receiver that's missing. We also have to be honest, if the offense is supposed to improve then Rodgers has to be better than last season as well. Hoping that there is a jump for the MLF/Rodgers duo in general in year two.

Defense worries me more tbh, can't get gashed by first down runs all the time (iirc they were decent against obvious run downs). I also don't feel like getting a bunch of redzone interceptions/interceptions in key moments is sustainable.

To be fair, for 2020 he will very likely have a strong running game with Jones, Dillon and Williams, likely a very good O-Line again and he does have a legit #1 receiver in Davante. It's really just a legit #2 receiver that's missing. We also have to be honest, if the offense is supposed to improve then Rodgers has to be better than last season as well. Hoping that there is a jump for the MLF/Rodgers duo in general in year two.

Defense worries me more tbh, can't get gashed by first down runs all the time (iirc they were decent against obvious run downs). I also don't feel like getting a bunch of redzone interceptions/interceptions in key moments is sustainable.

Sorry, that account got miserable user'd in record time.

Here is the quote from Matt LaFleur on Rogers,
"Right now, Aaron is our QB, and I see him here for a really long time. How long that is nobody knows," LaFleur said Sunday, according to Mike Clemens of SiriusXM NFL Radio. "Nothing is guaranteed in the NFL. But I feel so lucky to be able to work with him on a daily basis and I don't see that changing for a really long time."
https://www.thescore.com/s/14808022

Here is the quote from Matt LaFleur on Rogers,

https://www.thescore.com/s/14808022
Yes, what he said is completely different to what was being reported with clickbait bullshit. It was simply a relatively diplomatic answer, not giving anything away. "Really long time" is tough to define in sports, he even said "how long that is nobody knows" right after.

Right now, nobody knows, nothing is guaranteed...all sports lingo for "I don't want to say anything". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back