Green Bay Packers: 2020-2021 - I'm so confused

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gregolian

.45 ACP
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Thread title says it all.

I'm less angry about picking Jordan Love now than I was last night... I'm just confused in trading up for the kid.

The upside/ceiling is so high with Love that I wouldn't mind the pick at all in a vacuum. Why they did it in the current situation is simply puzzling to me, though. I'm still shocked because I never believed the rumors about it. Also despite the ceiling it is more likely that this was a wasted pick, but I hope I'm wrong on that obv. We will see in 5-6 years I guess lol.

The upside/ceiling is so high with Love that I wouldn't mind the pick at all in a vacuum. Why they did it in the current situation is simply puzzling to me, though. I'm still shocked because I never believed the rumors about it. Also despite the ceiling it is more likely that this was a wasted pick, but I hope I'm wrong on that obv. We will see in 5-6 years I guess lol.

Maybe by then they'll get somebody for him to throw to, some offensive linemen to protect him and a defense that can stop the opposition from scoring on every drive.

It appears Love lost his entire supporting cast in his least year, and one nfl scout said he's the only qb he's ever seen that'll be throwing into bigger windows in the pros than he would in college

So you're saying a quarterback needs receivers that can get open and catch passes?

Interesting concept. Has anyone told Gutekunst that?

Traded up for a QB when you have Rodgers? So they stole at least two impact players from Rodgers?! When the window is only two or 3 years?! Do they hate Aaron? He needs help. Not a replacement.

Fucking hell.

I think they made the right play. Maybe play A-Aron this year, then trade his overrated one ring having bitch-ass.

I'm trying to think of any team with less talent than the Packers. They have one good receiver. They lost a good talent at OL. No TE. Can't stop the run. Mostly cans on both sides of the ball.

I hope the Chargers get rahjas to fill seats at the new stadium.

A rod gonna be pissed they chose a qb I feel him though they should have gotten pieces around him wrs o line anything

Don't hate the pick but wish they would have prepared Rodgers for it.

If Gutekunst doesn't think that Love will replace Rodgers, WTF was the reason for trading up to get him? I could possibly have understood the Packers taking him at 30 but why give up another draft choice unless you think he's the future? They have put both players in a bad situation. I don't think Aaron will take it out on Love but the fans might.

I'm almost hoping that another team did want Love and the Packers picked him up to trade him for a player they want but they could have just traded the position last night. Maybe they are planning to trade Rodgers.

It isn't just Packer fans that don't understand this. It's everyone who knows anything about the game that has rated the Packers first round the worst.

People comparing it to 2005 are straight up dumb. Tua falling to 30 would be the same as 2005. This was more like trading up to 26 to get Kyle Orton.

Also dumb is the empty-headed appeals to authority. That people seriously still think pro sports franchises are institutionally competent beyond the understanding of fans is so fucking stupid. Anyone can look into the operation of sports franchises and see the clown show comedies of error. They're less like highly professional organizations like tech companies and Democratic presidential administrations and more like college fraternities or Republican administrations.

People comparing it to 2005 are straight up dumb. Tua falling to 30 would be the same as 2005. This was more like trading up to 26 to get Kyle Orton.

Also dumb is the empty-headed appeals to authority. That people seriously still think pro sports franchises are institutionally competent beyond the understanding of fans is so fucking stupid. Anyone can look into the operation of sports franchises and see the clown show comedies of error. They're less like highly professional organizations like tech companies and Democratic presidential administrations and more like college fraternities or Republican administrations.
Watch them trade up to reach for Claypool

yeah claypool and kmet still sitting there. they need to make a fucking move here. getting ridiculous. unless they have something up their sleeve and they make a move for oj howard.

kmet gone. garbage. funchess and lazard aren't going to make two fucks difference if they want to win a ring here. they need explosive athletes.

Watch them trade up to reach for Claypool

That would be the prototypical Packers pick. 2nd round WR + 6'4 WR that struggles to separate and understand the position + total project pick.

My bet is that Rodgers never has a receiver who can separate for the rest of his career. We've been bottom five in receiver separation every year since 2014, and they apparently have no interest in changing it.

That would be the prototypical Packers pick. 2nd round WR + 6'4 WR that struggles to separate and understand the position + total project pick.

My bet is that Rodgers never has a receiver who can separate for the rest of his career. We've been bottom five in receiver separation every year since 2014, and they apparently have no interest in changing it.
sounds like gb needs to make some changes to the staff in the WR room. full of tall fast guys that dont make any god damn difference.

Yeah plus insane RAS, would not be shocked at all.

Maybe he will when they run him out of town in 2022 (which I assume they do as long as Love shows any kind of promise)...

sounds like gb needs to make some changes to the staff in the WR room. full of tall fast guys that dont make any god damn difference.

I mean... that's what happens when you only take one WR in the first two rounds over the course of 10 years. And that one pick, Davante in the 2nd in 2014, had that as his biggest issue in college.

Jared Cook in 2015 was the only guy over the past five years who consistently separated. And we dumped him for another slow possession guy in Martellus Bennett.

Welp, all the WRs worthy of a 2nd round pick have been taken other than Denzel Mims and Van Jefferson.

But, hell, at this point I'd prefer someone who can shore up the run defense so we don't get embarrassed by San Fran again. Queen would have been perfect for that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back