Multiplatform GreedFall

Lol

*buys second copy

Currently level 13 playing on hard (second highest difficulty out of 4 choices). I'm doing a combination of 1h swords and stasis with points essentially evenly split between the two. I grabbed the dodge roll and am now done with the sword part of the skill tree. I'm going to work toward storm. I put two points into the attribute that increases mana pool and effect duration and I got a cheap white necklace that increases stasis duration +4 seconds. It feels OP as fuck. I can spam stasis onto 4 mobs and cast magic shield on myself before my mana gets low then I have essentially infinite mana potions should I need to use them. I'm tempted to either raise to max difficulty or respec without stasis to increase the challenge.

It was pretty tough for me to
beat all five arena challenges
but I think that's more because I was only level 11 and many of the enemies were red skull to me.

Last edited:
Currently level 13 playing on hard (second highest difficulty out of 4 choices). I'm doing a combination of 1h swords and stasis with points essentially evenly split between the two. I grabbed the dodge roll and am now done with the sword part of the skill tree. I'm going to work toward storm. I put two points into the attribute that increases mana pool and effect duration and I got a cheap white necklace that increases stasis duration +4 seconds. It feels OP as fuck. I can spam stasis onto 4 mobs and cast magic shield on myself before my mana gets low then I have essentially infinite mana potions should I need to use them. I'm tempted to either raise to max difficulty or respec without stasis to increase the challenge.

It was pretty tough for me to
beat all five arena challenges
but I think that's more because I was only level 11 and many of the enemies were red skull to me.
I'm playing Extreme now for this reason but there's no XP bump or poverty, better or worse loot et cetera; it's really just harder-hitting mooks with greater HP pools. You know what though? Still having a blast. I just love my companions and Lord de Sardet and figuring this beautiful world out crag by crag, meadow by meadow, town by town. Some of the bosses on extreme have proven squarely a battle of attrition to note, and harder than what from Wild Hunt. You levelled up fast, Tuna bud, wow. I'm only lvl 26… Going to be watching my six for you from now on.

tumblr_nhksjxcdlm1trtbg7o3_500.gifv

Kotaku says the game’s not woke enough or something:

https://kotaku.com/greedfalls-detailed-role-playing-cant-make-up-for-its-u-1837994750

Hard pass!
Lol what a garbage review. This guy is mad that they didn't superimpose modern morality into their dark fantasy setting that is based on colonial times. What's even sillier is that the protagonist often DOES take a modern stance against the other factions' archaic (lack of) morals.

I guess anything short of a Harriet Tubman-esque protagonist isn't enough. What a fucking turd this guy is.
I'm playing Extreme now for this reason but there's no XP bump or poverty, better or worse loot et cetera; it's really just harder-hitting mooks with greater HP pools. You know what though? Still having a blast. I just love my companions and Lord de Sardet and figuring this beautiful world out crag by crag, meadow by meadow, town by town. Some of the bosses on extreme have proven squarely a battle of attrition to note, and harder than what from Wild Hunt. You levelled up fast, Tuna bud, wow. I'm only lvl 26… Going to be watching my six for you from now on.

tumblr_nhksjxcdlm1trtbg7o3_500.gifv
i had yesterday off work to switch from the graveyard shift to day shift. I played quite a bit. I'm probably at like 12 hours now. I don't see my played time listed when I view my saves, which makes me a little sad. I like to see that.

Unless the mobs become more resistant to stasis I don't see how buffing them up will make much difference. :/ I never get hit and I can keep them frozen indefinitely.

I don't mind encounters being easy, though. I like most of the companions a lot and I've become quite interested in unraveling the history of the island.

Last edited:
i had yesterday off work to switch from the graveyard shift to day shift. I played quite a bit. I'm probably at like 12 hours now. I don't see my played time listed when I view my saves, which makes me a little sad. I like to see that.
Slots for me have total playtime noted per – in white text alongside date and time to the second. Not so for you? Save systems that are manual and allow for scumming almost always have playtime noted in my experience; I don't like not having that tracked and available either as it's a fun stat to look in on every once in a while.

Unless the mobs become more resistant to stasis I don't see how buffing them up will make much difference. :/ I never get hit and I can keep them frozen indefinitely.
I was in an area yesterday (Frasoneigad) where stasis wasn't catching (maybe due to AI exoskeleton) so I'm not sure its affliction is a constant throughout – you might need progress a bit; I don't really use stasis save for when buffing traps and also haven't specced into it so your char might have different levels of success.

Lightning dash and rifles are my jam right now; poison proved OP so I changed WPNs up to keep it on the level.

Pumped to hear you're enjoying the story.

Slots for me have total playtime noted per – in white text alongside date and time to the second. Not so for you? Save systems that are manual and allow for scumming almost always have playtime noted in my experience; I don't like not having that tracked and available either as it's a fun stat to look in on every once in a while.

I was in an area yesterday (Frasoneigad) where stasis wasn't catching (maybe due to AI exoskeleton) so I'm not sure its affliction is a constant throughout – you might need progress a bit; I don't really use stasis save for when buffing traps and also haven't specced into it so your char might have different levels of success.

Lightning dash and rifles are my jam right now; poison proved OP so I changed WPNs up to keep it on the level.

Pumped to hear you're enjoying the story.
There are some mobs that are more resistant to magic effects. I read about a couple in the little beastiary thing.

I usually find the setting more interesting than a plot revolving around a specific person or persons. The decision to make uncovering information about the island a central part of the game works out great for me.

I haven't been able to find anything about this online so I've done a little testing with loot mechanics, and I must say it seems a bit counter intuitive.

I'm almost certain that loot in chests and nodes is determined as soon as you load the zone, but it's possible that it is determined at some point while you're running around as you get closer to it. I'm 100% certain that it's determined before you see it. This isn't surprising and because of this I make sure to wear my +intuition and +loot chance gear while roaming around.

The thing I find really strange is that I'm 100% certain that monster loot is not predetermined before killing it AND it is not determined on death. It is determined when you loot. I killed a couple packs of monsters and save reloaded a dozen or so times. The loot changed constantly on save files from after the monster was dead. This implies that you can fight in your best combat gear then switch to loot gear before loading. It could also be abused to reload for better drops without having to fight the monster again. I haven't found random monster drops to be that great and don't think it would be worthwhile to spend time reloading to get better drops from them.

NOTE: I HAVE NOT TESTED THIS ON ANY BOSSES. It's quite possible that their drops are largely pre-determined.

I haven't done much testing of high +% loot chance vs low +% loot chance, but in the little bit that I did it seemed immediately apparent that higher +% loot chance has a noticable impact on making more crafting materials drop. I did this testing on monsters not humans, so I don't know how big of an impact loot chance has on dropping green/blue/purple items. I'll probably do that later on and update this post.

@Valhoven @anyone else playing this game

Edit: I killed a pack of 3 humans and looted them 5 times with high loot chance and 5 times with low loot chance. With high loot chance I got 5 green items, 1 white item, and 4 potions. With low loot chance i got 2 green items, 3 white items, and 3 potions. Number of coins was roughly the same. I know that this is far too small to speak definitively, but it seems that higher loot chance does increase the probability of higher quality items.

Last edited:
I've been wearing a lesser-calibre headpiece far past expiry because of its drop-chance attribute and I've been liking green-tiered drops at the least for their recycle value with one-off instances of blue and purple; appreciate your testing this here however anecdotal as I've just been banking on it 'working' to my favour.

FWIW, the passive buffs re both regen and DMG ranges for defence/offence manoeuvres like magic shield and magic ATK from neckpieces have been noticeable in my play, so hold onto those if they drop for you, even if commonfolk, grey-tier. Poison resist has proven another attribute I look for; the arena early on taught me that when ganked by bats. :p

@Canned Tuna

I've been wearing a lesser-calibre headpiece far past expiry because of its drop-chance attribute and I've been liking green-tiered drops at the least for their recycle value with one-off instances of blue and purple; appreciate your testing this here however anecdotal as I've just been banking on it 'working' to my favour.

FWIW, the passive buffs in range of 20-30 for defence/offence manoeuvres like magic shield and magic DMG from neckpieces have been noticeable in my play, so hold onto those if they drop for you, even if commonfolk, grey-tier. Poison resist has proven another attribute I look for; the arena early on taught me that when ganked by bats. :p

@Canned Tuna
Those bats are no joke.

I killed a couple more guardians and was really hoping one of them would drop a memory crystal. I don't want to use my only one one lol. Reddit says there are at least 6 in the game, but I don't want to look up how to get them. I haven't looked up anything other than game mechanics. No cheating/spoilers!

Those bats are no joke.

I killed a couple more guardians and was really hoping one of them would drop a memory crystal. I don't want to use my only one one lol. Reddit says there are at least 6 in the game, but I don't want to look up how to get them. I haven't looked up anything other than game mechanics. No cheating/spoilers!
Good man. Play raw. FWIW, since we last talked about this, I now in my possession have two crystals, making in all thus far three. I'm not quite sure how I got the last one but I'm nonetheless excited to rework a thing or two tonight. Rifles have the highest poise break and stun so far in-game but their ROF is weak compared to my higher-end duelling pistol; I'm torn on whether my investment in rifles was wise when the DMG disparity isn't there to convince me otherwise – plus my Science knowledge isn't high enough to craft ammo so this build has me restocking via gold expenditure.

Good man. Play raw. FWIW, since we last talked about this, I now in my possession have two crystals, making in all thus far three. I'm not quite sure how I got the last one but I'm nonetheless excited to rework a thing or two tonight. Rifles have the highest poise break and stun so far in-game but their ROF is weak compared to my higher-end duelling pistol; I'm torn on whether my investment in rifles was wise when the DMG disparity isn't there to convince me otherwise – plus my Science knowledge isn't high enough to craft ammo so this build has me restocking via gold expenditure.
The only weapon I've really used is 1h swords and the damage difference between the different types is baffling. I have a blue saber with higher damage than purple and gold swords of other types. It doesn't seem that the attack speed difference is enough to make up for it.

The only weapon I've really used is 1h swords and the damage difference between the different types is baffling. I have a blue saber with higher damage than purple and gold swords of other types. It doesn't seem that the attack speed difference is enough to make up for it.
Right you are; I've casually observed that tiers control more for attribute chance and buffs upon crafting, especially at Craftsmanship lvl 3, than base DMG, which can roll strong for all tiers. There's a speed difference between 1h and 2h as well as sabres/swords and heavies (here more wind-up) but within these groups themselves, I've also found none, or then nothing meaningful by which to prefer one over another as it relates to speed. IMO, early-game is most fun with heavies while mid- to late- with sabres/swords; the latter doesn't seem to shine until you get into 2h or higher-tiered 1h infused for elemental. I want to respec into blade oils, on that note; reckon I'll do that tonight actually.

Right you are; I've casually observed that tiers control more for attribute chance and buffs upon crafting, especially at Craftsmanship lvl 3, than base DMG, which can roll strong for all tiers. There's a speed difference between 1h and 2h as well as sabres/swords and heavies (here more wind-up) but within these groups themselves, I've also found none, or then nothing meaningful by which to prefer one over another as it relates to speed. IMO, early-game is most fun with heavies while mid- to late- with sabres/swords; the latter doesn't seem to shine until you get into 2h or higher-tiered 1h infused for elemental. I want to respec into blade oils, on that note; reckon I'll do that tonight actually.
Oh dude, the 1h swords seem super strong to me even without elemental damage. I use stasis to remove armor, +50% next attack to break stasis, +20% backstab one shot kills almost every non-boss with a single standard fury attack. Before my stasis could deplete armor, I had elemental damage weapons on the whole squad. Shit was dope.

That makes sense. I've noticed that damage roll is largely independent of tier and quality as well. What confuses me, though, is that the damage for sabers seems to be consistently higher than damage on rapiers and short swords.

I'm guessing that non-magic is the way to go. There are two stats dedicated to magic so seems like you would spread yourself too thin putting points into that.

I'm frustratingly in the doghouse amongst Natives so my rep with them keeps tanking; it might be my mode but it feels like any 25-50% chance to Intuit fabrication or speak Charismatically in dialogues rarely succeeds. I've even failed a 75% chance to influence – I mean, c'mon, now… I'm going to scum if they can't throw a dawg a bone here.

The beef between Thélème missionaries and hardliners Ordo Luminus is a complicated one. Not sure I'm getting it with both having reconcilable goals other than the latter's means of achieving those goals. Interested to uncover more there.

I'm guessing that non-magic is the way to go. There are two stats dedicated to magic so seems like you would spread yourself too thin putting points into that.
Magic is viable; you can run it. Trapping, firearms, and bombs require attention as well so running warrior isn't a one-stop point sink; both magic (c/o rings) and non-magic classes have advanced evasion techniques, for example. Go with what sounds fun to you.

Put like 15 hours to this. It looked promising but unfortunately the characters and dialogue is not good enough to carry a game this dialogue-heavy. I just didn't care about anyone in the game world.

Playing Outer Worlds right after made it even more clear.

Magic is absolutely viable. I've read tons of posts by people who said they teleport all over and destroy everything
Tuna, have you Shadow Burst and if yes, thoughts?
@Canned Tuna
I haven't. I read about it and saw someone use it in a gameplay vid. With the passives and a necklace to improve it you could probably spam it and destroy groups of mobs. I haven't tried the offensive magic yet. Not going to spec out of my super OP stasis build until I have more crystals.
I'm frustratingly in the doghouse amongst Natives so my rep with them keeps tanking; it might be my mode but it feels like any 25-50% chance to Intuit fabrication or speak Charismatically in dialogues rarely succeeds. I've even failed a 75% chance to influence – I mean, c'mon, now… I'm going to scum if they can't throw a dawg a bone here.

The beef between Thélème missionaries and hardliners Ordo Luminus is a complicated one. Not sure I'm getting it with both having reconcilable goals other than the latter's means of achieving those goals. Interested to uncover more there.
That's rough. I'm not that far yet. Only level 17, but already friendly with the natives. I
helped the merchant in the arena and helped the merchant at Hikmet. I was nice to siora's sister and they love me now.
I'm still suspicious with everyone else and tbh I've accepted that I don't like the bridge or theleme very much. If I end up at war with them IDC lol.
Put like 15 hours to this. It looked promising but unfortunately the characters and dialogue is not good enough to carry a game this dialogue-heavy. I just didn't care about anyone in the game world.

Playing Outer Worlds right after made it even more clear.

I completely disagree, but more power to ya. I think discovering the history of the island has been immensely interesting. Outer Worlds or Fallen Order is next on my list. Not sure which yet

Magic is viable; you can run it. Trapping, firearms, and bombs require attention as well so running warrior isn't a one-stop point sink; both magic (c/o rings) and non-magic classes have advanced evasion techniques, for example. Go with what sounds fun to you.

I'm sure it's viable, but not as good.

Back