Greatest sandwich ever made

upload_2020-11-12_21-40-13.jpeg
If you find yourself on the outskirts of Peterborough and in need of a pint and a world-class sandwich I can sort you out...

There used to be this hole in wall place back in the 90s in my town. 2 dudes ran it, it was persian soul food or thats what they called it. They had a sandwitche that i still think about. Swordfish or steak grilled, one side had a yogurt dill type sauce other side had diced tomatoe, onion, cumcumbe r and lemon...on a soft french bread type sub.

There used to be this hole in wall place back in the 90s in my town. 2 dudes ran it, it was persian soul food or thats what they called it. They had a sandwitche that i still think about. Swordfish or steak grilled, one side had a yogurt dill type sauce other side had diced tomatoe, onion, cumcumbe r and lemon...on a soft french bread type sub.

Man those are the best and worst. I had a pizza place like that too that sadly shut down and I'd kill for it to come back. Even for just a damn single slice. My condolences to your food loss. Shits rougher than getting over an ex.

this place called 4.0 deli near SDSU had this Chicken Caesar that was phenomenal

Man those are the best and worst. I had a pizza place like that too that sadly shut down and I'd kill for it to come back. Even for just a damn single slice. My condolences to your food loss. Shits rougher than getting over an ex.
My friend and i still bring it up once in while and we both go through the stages of grief all over again.

I nominate Langer's pastrami/corned beef sandwich as the greatest sandwich ever made. If you're ever in Los Angeles, you must visit Langer's for their #19. Double baked rye, hand cut pastrami or corned beef, Russian dressing, coleslaw, and swiss cheese. It's got the perfect balance of flavor, texture, & quantity. Soft rye bread with crunchy crusts, juicy but not greasy tender pastrami/corned beef, sweet vinegar based coleslaw, sweet and smooth Russian dressing, and two slices of swiss cheese melting under that meaty goodness. Easily better than Katz is NYC. I've had dry ass over salted pastrami there before, but NEVER at Langer's. It's always flawless every time I get it. If I were on death row, this is definitely one of the items I'd include in my last meal.

23467304_10155741278589870_5893859755096220698_o.jpg

What are you favorite sandwiches fellas?

<{clintugh}>

Get yourself down to Mike's Deli on Slauson for a classic club on dark wheat, baby baby.

feb2a099a1af62e3b8427da7d7fc0aaff8ed9fab-400x280-crop.jpg

I feel ashamed as an Angeline that I've never been here. Gonna try it out next week, thanks for the heads up my dude!

I feel ashamed as an Angeline that I've never been here. Gonna try it out next week, thanks for the heads up my dude!
Parking's a bitch at lunch. The whole city is there.

Down the street is Orleans and York, and that's the only place in LA I've found with a decent sized fried oyster. Their dirty rice is decent.

Not the best, but there's a little Jewish deli in St. Paul, Cecil's, and they're house roasted sliced turkey and beef w munster, hot giardinera(sp?), Olive salad w/ lettuce & tomato on a Kaiser roll is really fuckin good.

A good Ruben is hard to beat. I don't get the trend of using coleslaw instead of sauerkraut, but to each their own.

Otherwise a classic Italian sandwich is the ultimate litmus test for an unknown sandwich shop, although I'll usually substitute roast beef for ham.

A garlic butter steak sandwich using a baguette is probably my favourite.

That or a good salted and peppered egg mayonnaise with shredded iceberg lettuce on thick soft white bread.

Back