Greatest robbery in the history... well, since Jones-Gus

Maia won R1 and 4, Jake won R2 and 3

Round 5 was the decider, Maia landed bigger shots on the feet and defended all Jakes take downs, but Jake was pursuing the take down more.

I thought Maia did enough to shade it, but a split either way is not a robbery in that fight or Jones Gus.

Bigger shots? All Maia threw were arm punches the whole fight, Shields didn't even respect them enough to defend them.

is the split decision for Shields. I had it 3 rounds for Maia definitely (1,4,5), maybe even four (all but the second). What do you think?

I agree the 1,4,5 for Maia but Jones - Gus was not a robbery. Fabio was a robbery...

you can say it's a disapointing decision in you point of view, but not a robbery since it was a close fight.

I had Shield winner

It's total bullshit that fans think that it's ok for incompetent judges to rob a fighter of a win, simply because he didn't dominate by a wide margin. Maia won 1, 4 and 5. A round or a fight can be close and still have a clear winner.

It's total bullshit that fans think that it's ok for incompetent judges to rob a fighter of a win, simply because he didn't dominate by a wide margin. Maia won 1, 4 and 5. A round or a fight can be close and still have a clear winner.

THANK YOU!!!

Wasn't sure if I live in fantasyland or why nobody is getting that. Yes, even close rounds can be scored quite uncontroversially.

People really need to stop it with this robbery nonsense. Just because a close fight didn't go the way you prefer doesn't mean it was a robbery.

Bigger shots? All Maia threw were arm punches the whole fight, Shields didn't even respect them enough to defend them.

If you don't think Maia was landing the bigger shots you've got rocks in your head mate.

Shields obviously has an excellent chin but he was backing up.

greatest robbery?! LOL! It wasn't even A robbery!

Though you did say since Jones vs Gus, which was only a short time ago.

So defending a takedown doesn't score points but trying and failing on a takedown is dominant grappling?

No - I said I felt Maia won the 5th - but I can understand why judges may have construed Shields was being the aggressor... certainly not dominant grappling, Maia just took a lot more risks than Jake.

Whoops, I actually used 'Shields' and 'aggressive' in the same sentence!

is the split decision for Shields. I had it 3 rounds for Maia definitely (1,4,5), maybe even four (all but the second). What do you think?

While it was close, and I wouldn't have been too upset with a Maia win. Shields clearly won the fight. While I had it 49-46 shields 50-45 shields would have been reasonable as well. What can you say, shield dominated Maia on the ground. He did no damage but out grappled a bigger, stronger fighter

Shields won 48-47 I thought, and I really wanted Maia to win.

Crying over close decisions demonstrates that the TS is either incapable of clear thought, doesn't understand what a true robbery looks like, or is trolling for reactions.

Shields did not clearly win rounds 1,4, and 5. I had no clue who won but I felt like Demian taking the 5th (somehow got scored for Jake) would win him a close decision.

I never said Shields won 1,4,5 so I don't see your point.

Shields won it, but that only speaks volumes about the ineptitude of the current scoring system.

I will agree that this was as much a robbery as Jones vs Gus.

Which is to say not a robbery at all.

close fights are close

Come on if anyone was gona be robbed that night it would be the person opposing the brazilian.

Back