Greatest robbery in the history... well, since Jones-Gus

Shields won only because he has a style that lets him game the system.

True but even then. No way Shield's garbage strikes and failed TDs should have earned him the 5th. Another fucking bullshit decision for Shields, the most boring fighter on the roster...

Not even close to a robbery , close fight could have gone either way . The term is being played out now . Jones vs Gus was close and I believe the champ should get the win in a fight so close .

So the new definition of "robbery" is any close fight which you personally would have scored the other way.

Do you feel important now?

seriously. at what point did this forum switch from mma discussion to the personal soap box/blog of morons. Ive been lurking since 2005 and cant pinpoint exactly when this took over, but its fucking ridiculous.

Through the eyes of a just bleed sloppy kick box loving "fan".

lol what? the fourth and fifth rounds were boring as fuck, and both guys were too gassed to really mount any sort of offense or any sort of control. Were you on some intense drugs when you watched the fight? Serious question.

LOL at all the butt hurt Gus fans calling Gus vs Jones a robbery, Jones owned your hero, rocked him, almost finished him, and had him running like a wuss.

You Gus nuthuggers are pathetic.

LOL at all the butt hurt Gus fans calling Gus vs Jones a robbery, Jones owned your hero, rocked him, almost finished him, and had him running like a wuss.

...and Jones left in a stretcher with his face puffed up like Rosie O'Donnell

Shields and Jones both clearly won IMO.

Was rooting for Maia and Gus.

Shields did not clearly win rounds 1,4, and 5. I had no clue who won but I felt like Demian taking the 5th (somehow got scored for Jake) would win him a close decision.

That fight was a complete toss up for me it was really close. Could have gone either way. People will never find out the difference between a robbery and a close fight i guess.

That fight was a complete toss up for me it was really close. Could have gone either way. People will never find out the difference between a robbery and a close fight i guess.
Gomi/Sanchez is one of the most recent actual robberies I can think of.

Maia won R1 and 4, Jake won R2 and 3

Round 5 was the decider, Maia landed bigger shots on the feet and defended all Jakes take downs, but Jake was pursuing the take down more.

I thought Maia did enough to shade it, but a split either way is not a robbery in that fight or Jones Gus.

can't believe people are calling both fights robberies... just die, all of you.

Hammil/Bisping is still the worst I've ever seen.

God fucking damnit that was terrible.

I gave Shields 1,2 and 3. Maia started off strong the first round but the whole second half of round Shields was on top.

Maia won R1 and 4, Jake won R2 and 3

Round 5 was the decider, Maia landed bigger shots on the feet and defended all Jakes take downs, but Jake was pursuing the take down more.

So defending a takedown doesn't score points but trying and failing on a takedown is dominant grappling?

I believe the judges were just evening things out for the earlier calls that coulda, maybe shoulda went to non-Brazilians. It's just a shame Maia didn't do more to erase any doubt.

lol what? the fourth and fifth rounds were boring as fuck, and both guys were too gassed to really mount any sort of offense or any sort of control. Were you on some intense drugs when you watched the fight? Serious question.

No I just appreciate grappling being a wrestler myself. And I know what you just bleed fans saw. But that fight required a huge amount of energy... grappling at those both guys level for 25 minutes!? Dont worry man you can watch re runs of griffin vs. Bonnar

Back