Greatest robbery in the history... well, since Jones-Gus

georgwilhelm**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
is the split decision for Shields. I had it 3 rounds for Maia definitely (1,4,5), maybe even four (all but the second). What do you think?

I thought Shields won it, but if Maia got it I wouldn't have been surprised. Robbery...not even close.

Shields and Jones both clearly won IMO.

Was rooting for Maia and Gus.

A close fight is not a robbery, I thought it could have gone either way tbh.

hahahahaha give it a rest, robbery? you guys just forgot how good shields is on the ground, that was nothing close to a robbery.

I don't think it was such a terrible robbery because I had Jake winning two rounds, but I would bet good money the judge who scored Rd.1 for Shields never grappled a day in his life.

Shields won only because he has a style that lets him game the system.

Come on man, they were both super close fights and I actually agree with both decisions.

Close. Yes. But 1,4 and 5 clear nonetheless.

No. Round 1 was very evenly split with Maia controlling the first half and Shields controlling the second half. I scored it 10-10, but knowing that judges never do that, I figured Shields would get the nod via being on top at the end.

2 and 3 were obviously Shields. 4 was obviously Maia. 5 I gave to Maia, but it was by no means a runaway round for him.

All in all a close fight. But please explain how 1,4,5 could not have gone to Maia?!

Come on man, they were both super close fights and I actually agree with both decisions.

You don't say someone named Jonny Bones with a Jones avy agrees with the Gus-Jones decision. What a shocker

No. Round 1 was very evenly split with Maia controlling the first half and Shields controlling the second half. I scored it 10-10, but knowing that judges never do that, I figured Shields would get the nod via being on top at the end.

2 and 3 were obviously Shields. 4 was obviously Maia. 5 I gave to Maia, but it was by no means a runaway round for him.

1st: Maia did do some damage. Shields lay n' pray. Maia had takedowns, top control and damage, Shields had top control.

lol wut, Maia might not have even won the last round, neither fighter really did all that much.

So the new definition of "robbery" is any close fight which you personally would have scored the other way.

Do you feel important now?

Robbery?? Not even close... I had 1, 4, and 5 for Maia as well but obviously a close fight so how could a decision either way be "robbery"??

On an unrelated topic, I'm new here and cannot figure out how to start a new thread, what am I missing?? Its something simple I'm sure but I've looked through everything and still can't figure out how to do anything but comment on an already existing thread.

Back