Greatest PRIDE fight to never happen?

Lots of people have been gotten to

They restore to name caling like little children lol

I posted my facts that fedor has 41 fights yet only 7 top 5 wins and they dont even bring it up lmfao

they know I owned them
Shouldn't you be more concerned about Wonderboy coming to steal Lawler's soul Robbie instead of trolling Sherdog?

It is a fact AND an insult that you're a noob. Also, calling someone a child is an insult, so you have resorted to insults. Get your facts together.

The top 5 HW rankings were Fedor, Nog and Crocop with a token UFC champ added in for the better part of a decade. WW on the other hand had far more movement in the division.

This is what happens when dumb shit, new fans use fight finder and dig up old rankings to formulate their opinions on fighters. If you want to stop looking like a complete retard, you should go and watch some older fights then speak.

Shouldn't you be more concerned about Wonderboy coming to steal Lawler's soul Robbie instead of trolling Sherdog?

{<jimmies}

too easy

db0.jpg

The facts I posted about the top 5 wins is not pretend at all

You only wish

Truth is fedor did fight a few top guys but most of his wins consist of can victories

You can try and deny that all you want but the truth is out there

Fedor beat cans who beat other cans to inflate their record

is normal

Thats why fedor has half the top 5 wins that GSP does lmfao

I'm going to blow your mind right now brah. GSP has 27 fights and 17 top 5 wins. Fedor has 41 fights and only 7 top 5 wins

Fedor has almost double the amount of total fights as GSP with less than half of his top 5 wins

<36>
Yeah dude is a can crusher
Top 5 according to whom? Not only am I calling bullshit on this, but back then there were no unified official rankings because of the UFC-Pride-other orgs separation and no way to accurately rank them. The competitors in the UFC were so weak that they would have artificially inflated rankings for being successful, compared to the Pride guys who had much stiffer competition. For example, I remember Ricco Rodriguez had a huge jump in rankings after beating Randy Couture, with some places listing him as the #1 HW, and others #2 behind Big Nog. Other than Randy, he defeated nobody else of note whatsoever, and neither did Randy; Pedro Rizzo was Randy's biggest win at HW and Rizzo was a fringe top 10-15 guy with one good win over Barnett. There was no way to accurately compare the two organizations, and thus the top 5 lists were varied and had no context.

You wanted facts? Ok, let's analyze your claims using historical rankings and archives. I can say with certainty that Fedor faced top 5 competition in Sobral, Schilt, Herring, Big Nog x2 (we won't count the NC), Coleman x2, Cro Cop, Sylvia, and Arlovski, for a total of 10. This is even when you consider the inflated rankings of the weak UFC HW division. Now when you extend that to top 10 to counter the inflated UFC rankings, you have to include guys like Kohsaka (1st fight), Randleman, Goodridge, Hunt, etc so we'll just say 14 top 10 wins for combined UFC, or top 5 Pride rankings. I'll even be fair by not throwing in guys ranked top in other divisions like Lindland, or Brett Rogers even though he was technically a top ranked guy, along with others in Pride. Not counting the UFC, these would be considered top 5, but again, those inflated UFC rankings. In the Heavyweight division which is known for having the highest chances of being KOed or upset.

Compare that to GSP. His top 5 wins include Penn 1, Hughes x2, Serra (who was only ranked because of one win over GSP himself, despite a middling career), Fitch, Alves, Koscheck x2, Shields, Condit, and Hendricks (highly disputed win). That's 11 top 5 wins. You pulled that 17 number out of your ass. Even if you extend that to top 10 and include Mayhem, Trigg, Sherk, Hardy, and Diaz, that's 16. Even if you ignore my previous point about inflated UFC rankings during the Pride era, that's still just 1 more top 5 win than Fedor, who fought in a division where it is much harder to string together wins. I can handle people thinking GSP is the GOAT even though I disagree, but to imply that Fedor isn't even close is the dumbest thing I can think of in MMA.

Last edited:
Fedor vs Couture,

For awhile there I thought it might happen in PRIDE.

Top 5 according to whom? Not only am I calling bullshit on this, but back then there were no unified official rankings because of the UFC-Pride-other orgs separation and no way to accurately rank them. The competitors in the UFC were so weak that they would have artificially inflated rankings for being successful, compared to the Pride guys who had much stiffer competition. For example, I remember Ricco Rodriguez had a huge jump in rankings after beating Randy Couture, with some places listing him as the #1 HW, and others #2 behind Big Nog. Other than Randy, he defeated nobody else of note whatsoever, and neither did Randy; Pedro Rizzo was Randy's biggest win at HW and Rizzo was a fringe top 10-15 guy with one good win over Barnett. There was no way to accurately compare the two organizations, and thus the top 5 lists were varied and had no context.

You wanted facts? Ok, let's analyze your claims using historical rankings and archives. I can say with certainty that Fedor faced top 5 competition in Sobral, Schilt, Herring, Big Nog x2 (we won't count the NC), Coleman x2, Cro Cop, Sylvia, and Arlovski, for a total of 10. This is even when you consider the inflated rankings of the weak UFC HW division. Now when you extend that to top 10 to counter the inflated UFC rankings, you have to include guys like Kohsaka (1st fight), Randleman, Goodridge, Hunt, etc so we'll just say 14 top 10 wins for combined UFC, or top 5 Pride rankings to be fair without throwing in guys ranked top in other divisions like Lindland, or Brett Rogers even though he was technically a top 10 ranked guy. Not counting the UFC, these would be considered top 5, but again, those inflated UFC rankings. In the Heavyweight division which is known for having the highest chances of being KOed or upset.

Compare that to GSP. His top 5 wins include Penn 1, Hughes x2, Serra (who was only ranked because of one win over GSP himself, despite a middling career), Fitch, Alves, Koscheck x2, Shields, Condit, and Hendricks (highly disputed win). That's 11 top 5 wins. You pulled that 17 number out of your ass. Even if you extend that to top 10 and include Mayhem, Trigg, Sherk, Hardy, and Diaz, that's 16. Even if you ignore my previous point about inflated UFC rankings during the Pride era, that's still just 1 more top 5 win than Fedor, who fought in a division where it is much harder to string together wins. I can handle people thinking GSP is the GOAT even though I disagree, but to imply that Fedor isn't even close is the dumbest thing I can think of in MMA.

Dont ever doubt CoffeeAndBeer

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/gsp-most-top-5-wins-hendo-most-top-10-wins.2483907/

I do doubt him. That list is bullshit and I just went through it all myself and analyzed every single fight of both GSP and Fedor. Like I said, there was a lack of unified rankings during the early 2000s so obviously that list will favor GSP because you can cherry pick whatever you want. And even then, I'm calling bullshit. You wanted facts so I gave them.

I do doubt him. That list is bullshit and I just went through it all myself and analyzed every single fight of both GSP and Fedor. You wanted facts so I gave them.

excuse me if I trust him more then you

Lil Nog vs Wand / Page

PED Henderson vs Page but it happened in UFC.

Kharitonov vs CroCop, Fedor

Overrated King vs any good MW/ WW since he was always so highly regarded.

excuse me if I trust him more then you
You only trust him because he reaffirms your delusion. I provided you with ample evidence countering him. You can look up every single thing I said and it will match the facts. You claimed you wanted "facts" so I gave them to you and you can't handle it, so you have a biased, unconfirmed thread handy.

In his own words on one of his posts: "Few Ranking Orgs existed before 2006, at a given time. Ya gotta work with what ya got. "

You only trust him because he reaffirms your delusion. I provided you with ample evidence countering him. You can look up every single thing I said and it will match the facts. You claimed you wanted "facts" so I gave them to you and you can't handle it, so you have a biased, unconfirmed thread handy.

Coffeeandbear is known to put together good work

Just accept it and move on man

In his own words:
"Few Ranking Orgs existed before 2006, at a given time. Ya gotta work with what ya got."

You're a coward who wanted to bait people into a factual argument, thinking nobody would take the time to do it. I took the time and now you want to just dismiss it and hold your hands over your ears going "la-la-la-la I can't hear you." Every single thing I wrote is true, but you would rather troll than counter any of it.

In his own words:
"Few Ranking Orgs existed before 2006, at a given time. Ya gotta work with what ya got."

You're a coward who wanted to bait people into a factual argument, thinking nobody would take the time to do it. I took the time and now you want to just dismiss it and hold your hands over your ears going "la-la-la-la I can't hear you." Every single thing I wrote is true, but you would rather troll than counter any of it.

You need to relax man and just have fun

You get to worked up into all this shit

The facts I posted about the top 5 wins is not pretend at all

You only wish

Truth is fedor did fight a few top guys but most of his wins consist of can victories

You can try and deny that all you want but the truth is out there
Fedor beat cans who beat other cans to inflate their record

is normal

Thats why fedor has half the top 5 wins that GSP does lmfao

I'm going to blow your mind right now brah. GSP has 27 fights and 17 top 5 wins. Fedor has 41 fights and only 7 top 5 wins

Fedor has almost double the amount of total fights as GSP with less than half of his top 5 wins

<36>
Yeah dude is a can crusher

Who were those 17 top 5 wins for GSP?

You need to relax man and just have fun

You get to worked up into all this shit
Because it's annoying to see some dickhead on a forum disgrace the career of a legend just because he wasn't around back then to witness it first hand. Yeah, I get a little worked up because it's not like a once in a while troll job, but becoming a regular thing I see constantly. It's embarrassing.

Barnett was actually offered Fedor on NYE 2006 although honestly I don't blame him that much for trying to hold off given just how much he'd fought that year, Nak, Aleks, Hunt, Nog, Crocop and Nastula.

Going back to the OP Wanderlei/Igor around 2001 would have been great although I would tend to favour Wanderlei slightly, at that point I think he had a bit more to his game technically dispite the Wildman image and didn't need to land a plum shot to finish people.

Besides Shogun/Wanderlei that probably would have disappointed with the two of them unwilling to go full bore at each other the biggest missing fight in Pride was actually the Fedor/Crocop rematch post OWGP. In retrospect I bet Mirko wishes he'd stayed around and potentially got that fight on the second US show in an environment he was comfortable with.

Wand vs fedor
Wand vs shogun
Fedor vs shogun

Wand vs chuck

Back