Greatest Performances by Low-Mid Tier Fighters

codymo

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
The #1 is probably Matt Serra. Not an elite fighter by any means but still managed to make the greatest WW of all time tap to strikes.

Another one is George Roop against KZ and Grispi. Probably his two best performances, and they were both under the Zuffa banner.

What are some others?

Leben Akiyama was the first thing that came to mind... though I don't know if it's necessarily a great example. What do you guys think?

DaijiTakasevsAndersonSilva_display_image.jpg

Leben Akiyama was the first thing that came to mind... though I don't know if it's necessarily a great example. What do you guys think?

Totally agree. Leben was fighting often, was in great shape, and looked his best during that 3 fight win streak.

4.gif

One of my favorite KO's ever. So clean. It's too bad it had to happen to Edwards though as I'm a fan of his.

I don't know if i would call it a great performance but Brandon Vera put on a hell of a fight against Shogun.

4.gif

One of my favorite KO's ever. So clean. It's too bad it had to happen to Edwards though as I'm a fan of his.

Yeah he finally lived up to his nick name. Wasn't that Stout's last fight with Tompkins before he passed?

Great KO.

what about Matt Wiman subbing SAs, that was pretty friggin cool.

Forrest Griffin legitimately rising to being the #1 LHW in the world for a little bit pretty much solely off heart.

Herschel Walker transitioning into the sport at near 50 and after a full NFL career.

Scott Smith knocking Cung Le right the fuck out after absorbing a massive beating most of the fight.

Brock Lesnar becoming UFC champ and managing to submit Carwin after five minutes of first degree murder.

Forrest Griffin legitimately rising to being the #1 LHW in the world for a little bit pretty much solely off heart.

Herschel Walker transitioning into the sport at near 50 and after a full NFL career.

Scott Smith knocking Cung Le right the fuck out after absorbing a massive beating most of the fight.

Brock Lesnar becoming UFC champ and managing to submit Carwin after five minutes of first degree murder.

Good examples. Scott Smith has a few crazy comebacks.

Forrest over Page always impressed me because Page seemed to have the edge almost everywhere yet Forrest kept finding ways to win rounds

Mark Hunts last 3 fights

Omigawa from 2009-2010 was a bit of a surprise, Dong Sik Yoon... I guess these guys both proved to be better than their records/ratings but they had some great fights for guys with losing records

Brenneman's win over Story, it wasn't an exciting performance but it was a mid tier guy beating a top tier guy over 3 rounds.

Forrest over Page always impressed me because Page seemed to have the edge almost everywhere yet Forrest kept finding ways to win rounds

Mark Hunts last 3 fights

Omigawa from 2009-2010 was a bit of a surprise, Dong Sik Yoon... I guess these guys both proved to be better than their records/ratings but they had some great fights for guys with losing records

Yeah Mark Hunt's current streak is very impressive. Dominating Rothwell and Kongo isn't a walk in the park by any means.

Back