Greatest p4p martial artist of all time?

Alcibiades007

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
From the very beginning of the UFC, BJJ proved to be unbeatable against any other fighter not familiar with this art. As all of you know, the Gracies are typically recognized as the main family to first develop Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as we know it today, and they learned their craft from Mitsuyo Maeda AKA "toughest man who ever lived" and "the father of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu".

Now let's take a look at another style, Sambo. Arguably the most dominant fighter at the moment is a practitioner of Sambo; and also the most dangerous human of all time.
220px-Khabib_Nurmagomedov_2.png
20141225122355_IMG_1684.JPG

The pioneers of sambo were Viktor Spiridonov and Vasili Oshchepkov.

Now what do the father's of these 2 dominant styles had in common? Both Maeda and Oshchepkov were trained by Kanō Jigorō.

jigoro-kano-judo-founder.gif
The founder of Judo!

Obviously he has no chance of beating any modern fighter 1-on-1, but my question is:

Does Jigoro Kano deserves the accolade of the !Greatest! martial artist of all time?

Thoughts?

Yes, debate over. Its Jigoro Whateverthefuck

Jones.

/end thread

The founder of Karate, Harold Howard.

From the very beginning of the UFC, BJJ proved to be unbeatable against any other fighter not familiar with this art. As all of you know, the Gracies are typically recognized as the main family to first develop Brazilian Jiu Jitsu as we know it today, and they learned their craft from Mitsuyo Maeda AKA "toughest man who ever lived" and "the father of Brazilian Jiu-jitsu".

Now let's take a look at another style, Sambo. Arguably the most dominant fighter at the moment is a practitioner of Sambo; and also the most dangerous human of all time.

Now what do the father's of these 2 dominant styles had in common? Both Maeda and Oshchepkov were trained by Kanō Jigorō.

The founder of Judo!

Obviously he has no chance of beating any modern fighter 1-on-1, but my question is:

Does Jigoro Kano deserves the accolade of the !Greatest! martial artist of all time?

Thoughts?

Emmanuel Yarborough

The founder of Judo!

Thoughts?

My thought is that I’m offended that you didn’t mention Oleg even once in your post.

Bob Fitzsimmons takes them all out with Solar Plexus punch
Milo of Croton wreck them all
Prime Jack Dempsey mauls them (immigrant mentality)
Humans right now are at their weakest

Harry Greb.
How could've I forgot?
People really underrate old time boxers. Most of them were the toughest SOBs ever.
The argument is always "but they had no ground game", meanwhile most of them were strong enough to sprawl TD. John L Sullivan trained with the best wrestler of his time
Boxers=GOAT athletes

Back