Greatest improvements in a rematch?

Conor in Diaz 2.

Mendes vs Aldo in the rematch, he goes from getting KO'd to having a 5 round war with the Featherweight GOAT

True but that fight would have been over in the first too with a ref that was quick with stoppages after Aldo dropped him and landed 10 to 15 unanswered shots from mount. He also got saved by the bell at the end of the first.

Which really makes it all the more impressive he managed to go 4 more hard rounds after taking that and survived getting buckled several more times. I've never seen a guy get rocked and roll over his ankles so many times and still stay standing and fighting back.

Great fight but I can't help but wonder what would have happened had it been stopped in the first and Aldo didn't have to go through the next 4 rounds of what was his first brutal and grueling war. That fight definitely put some miles on him.

It's also kind of funny nobody ever accuses Mendez of being "juiced to the gills" after that fight when he ended failing a test shortly after but still imply Aldo was juicing when he's never failed a test because of some bullshit comments from Rogan before the Conor fight even though Aldo looked pretty much the same as he always did.

Joanna - Rose 2

Joanna made huge improvement from first fight & made it really competitive this time.

If bones Jones ever got another shot at Hammil i think he could have won the rematch. For the sake of the question though, I'll say GSP vs Serra.

True but that fight would have been over in the first too with a ref that was quick with stoppages after Aldo dropped him and landed 10 to 15 unanswered shots from mount. He also got saved by the bell at the end of the first.

Which really makes it all the more impressive he managed to go 4 more hard rounds after taking that and survived getting buckled several more times. I've never seen a guy get rocked and roll over his ankles so many times and still stay standing and fighting back.

Great fight but I can't help but wonder what would have happened had it been stopped in the first and Aldo didn't have to go through the next 4 rounds of what was his first brutal and grueling war. That fight definitely put some miles on him.

It's also kind of funny nobody ever accuses Mendez of being "juiced to the gills" after that fight when he ended failing a test shortly after but still imply Aldo was juicing when he's never failed a test because of some bullshit comments from Rogan before the Conor fight even though Aldo looked pretty much the same as he always did.
This is a good one.
I agree, that fight was a Great War. It makes me think as well if refs still let fights go on like that which recent contests would have different outcomes?

And yeah Chad has always looked a little too good pre-USADA, although I have friends who have trained with him at TAM and can vouch for his work ethic...something has always been a little suspect with me.

This is a good one.
I agree, that fight was a Great War. It makes me think as well if refs still let fights go on like that which recent contests would have different outcomes?

And yeah Chad has always looked a little too good pre-USADA, although I have friends who have trained with him at TAM and can vouch for his work ethic...something has always been a little suspect with me.

Yeah I'm not accusing him of anything, just find it funny it's never mentioned when people talk about this fight even though he failed a test but so many people are "suspicious" of Aldo despite never failing and putting on arguably his most flawless performance in the Edgar 2 fight which was post usada.

Especially since Chad actually beat Chaels record for highest recorded T:E ratio in a failed test by quite a bit.

At no point in that first round should it have been stopped. Aldo dropped him after the bell and there’s was no point when Aldo “landed 10-15 unanswered shots from mount”.

Yeah I'm not accusing him of anything, just find it funny it's never mentioned when people talk about this fight even though he failed a test but so many people are "suspicious" of Aldo despite never failing and putting on arguably his most flawless performance in the Edgar 2 fight which was post usada.

Especially since Chad actually beat Chaels record for highest recorded T:E ratio in a failed test by quite a bit.
Defintely, that Edgar 2 fight, no matter how much it breaks my heart, was near perfect Aldo performance.

And Wow, I actually did not know that! Very interesting....
<TheWire1>

At no point in that first round should it have been stopped. Aldo dropped him after the bell and there’s was no point when Aldo “landed 10-15 unanswered shots from mount”.

Watch it again. He dropped him half way through the first, secured full mount and hit him multiple times. More unanswered shots than Conor landed after dropping him and got the stoppage.

The 2nd knockdown was as the bell was sounding, not after it

Back