Greatest improvements in a rematch?

RMMA

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Henry Cejudo got finished in the first fight against DJ, in the rematch he won a close decison an huge improvement from the intial meeting it which he was overwhelmed by dj. Which other fighters show the best improvement in a rematch.

Shogun, vs Machida in the 2nd fight

Mendes vs Aldo in the rematch, he goes from getting KO'd to having a 5 round war with the Featherweight GOAT

Come on, brock vs Mir is number one by far

tenor.gif

Rampage after being murdered twice by Wand

From this
giphy.gif

Wanderlei20KOs20Rampage_medium.gif

To this

i23245_Page2.gif

Henry Cejudo got finished in the first fight against DJ, in the rematch he won a close decison an huge improvement from the intial meeting it which he was overwhelmed by dj. Which other fighters show the best improvement in a rematch.
Gomi vs Marcus Aurelio
Minotau vs Hendo
Couture vs Rizzo
Crocop vs Wand
Reem vs Doom

Last edited:
Shogun, vs Machida in the 2nd fight

Umm. Shogun didn’t exactly look better vs Machida up until the finish.

I mean he got a far better result but it isn’t like he looked like shit in the first fight which was widely considered an all time robbery at the time and an amazing performance on his part.

Cody versus TJ...he made sure he was in the octagon a lot shorter then the first time thus reducing his time without sex with his wife

Rashad vs Tito (though there was a 4 year gap between fights and Rashad had been in the top five for years at that point and was a massive favorite).

GSP vs BJ
GSP vs Serra
GSP vs Hughes
Cain vs JDS
Cain vs Bigfoot (I’m kidding, he followed one flawless victory with another)

Mighty Mouse v. Benavidez
Mighty Mouse v. Uncle Creepy
Mighty Mouse v. Dodson

I won't claim it for greatest improvement, but the difference between Miocic-dos Santos 1 vs 2 was substantial.

Conor.vs.Nate 2
Conor looked better than before in part 1

Bisping - Rockhold is up there.

Back