Greatest fighters ever from Europe (excluding Russia)?

RUSSIA IS IN EUROPE END OF STORY. ALL THEIR MAJOR CITIES IS WEST OF THE URAL MOUNTAINS AND MUSCOWY WAS FORMED ARAOUND MOSCOW BEFORE THEY EXPANDED EAST INTO THE REMNANTS OF THE MONGOLIAN EMPIRE. THEYVE BEEN INCLUDED IN BASICALLY EVERY MAJOR EUROPEAN WAR IN THE LAST 500 YEARS AND THE RURIK DYNASTY THAT FORMED WHAT WOULD BECOME RUSSIA WAS ORIGINALLY FROM SWEDEN THEN SETTLED IN NOVGOROD. NEVER WHERE THEY ASIAN. THEY JUST SETTLED THE EURASIAN STEPPES BUT THE BASE OF POWER WAS ALWAYS OUT OF EUROPEAN RUSSIA.

Also, Russia occupies like 40% of the total landmass of Europe.

I assumed it wasn't MMA since Schilt was being mentioned. Schilt wasn't a great MMA fighter but was a great kickboxer. Jan is a very average fighter but if you think about it, there are not much great European MMA fighters. He would definitely place lower than Ping though.

Shilt was ranked as a top p4p fighter in MMA in the late 90s, and remained somehow relevant until mid 00s, only losing to the very best

If we're doing kickboxing.

Aerts
Hoost
Bonjasky
Schilt
Dekkers
Kaman
Le Banner
Hug
Souwer
Kraus
Petrosyan
Verhoeven
Holzken
Van Roosmalen
Hari
Saki
Spong
Mirko
Reem

I'm sure I'm forgetting a good few.

Oleinik?
Honestly, didn't get how you decides who is from Europe. Based on citizenship? I mean, both Mousasi and Khalidov are not from Europe, since Iran and Russia is not Europe.

Good point. I guess the approach would be by which gym/pro circuit a fighter comes from, rather than place of birth

Theoritcally yes but his origin is as far from Europe as it gets.... I would not call him EU fighter. He's an african fighter that trains in EU.

Theoritcally yes but his origin is as far from Europe as it gets.... I would not call him EU fighter. He's an african fighter that trains in EU.

More like the opposite. Theoretically, he is African. But in practice, he is bred in France as a fighter; he literally knew about MMA once he was in France; and he actually comes out off the French professional circuit.

As far as him as MMA fighter, he is from Cameroon about as much as Mousasi is from Iran.

Paul Nastewla(spelling it wrong) the polish judoka deserves a mention cuz he was thrown to the wolves at pride FC right of the bat.

Came here to say that, even here in Norway noone remember his knees.

He beat so many all-time great Japanese fighters: Rumina Sato, Gomi, Uno, Aoki, Imanari, Ishida, Miyata, Boku...

Maybe Cro Cop is up there for one of the best ever European's. I imagine it will be Khamzat Chimaev in a few years though.

Fair enough. Conor achieved great things but who knows what his record Would look like if he fought regularly for 10 years. I’ve got no problem putting Cro Cop ahead of him but Still, id personally go

1. Conor
2. Cro cop
3. Overeem

mirko>anyone, be consistent!! ;) (Unless another Mirko... :) )

Back