Greatest fighters ever from Europe (excluding Russia)?

Joanna,Valentina

Lmao at putting Conrat as number 1.

He was ranked #2 at a couple points as well, but at one point I think Conor was #1 at 145 and 155. Not sure what Overeem’s highest rank was, but it was probably in the top 2 or 3. To me, those are easily the top 3 out of that list.

Mousasi has a nice record but I’m struggling to find any elite wins when they mattered, at least in comparison to the aforementioned 3. His highest ranked win in his weight class is a guy who lost his previous 2 and went on to lose 5 out of his next 6, and mousasi’s highest rank Overall was #5. He may not have the double digit losses that Mirko or Overeem have, but their highs were much higher than his. People can weigh it however they want, but at their best, they are cream of the crop.

Also, winning a bunch of titles fights in B orgs (Cro cop and Overeem have plenty of those as well) doesn’t really mean anything at all to me. Cro Cop finished his career on a 10 fight win streak with good names on it, but it doesn’t hold much weight to me. He also won the Rizin GP and K1 GP, although that year was much weaker Than usual. Still, for a guy almost 40 it was a nice achievement. His wins over Aliakbari and King Mo during his Rizin GP win were decent, but not what makes him an all time great. That would be his body of work in PRIDE.
Rankings are subjective and the guy basically won every UFC fight on his final 8 fight deal where it landed a title shot offer only for Bisping to decline while shaking in his British boots. I would classify this as a run that MATTERS, LOL.
He also, for my money, has about 20 relevant wins. He should be above Conor and probably at #1 spot ( I'd put Conor further down list).

Oh....and Chris was 1 fight removed from being champ and the Romero fight was even Steven before the knee. He just - flat out- outclassed a pretty good version of Weidman. What Chris did AFTER that- dont care. Mousasi is one of the guys who owns a piece of his soul that made the Chris we see today .

48- 7 over 18 sucessful years and over every top promotion( including the UFC....titles everywhere).....fighting as a clean fighter since 17 years old.

He fights who they put in front of him - ALWAYS. Also undefeated at open weight and kboxing ( his kboxing wins all agsinst relevant guys and in most cases as the smaller fighter).

You may go on your way .

If you didn't followed his career, at least stop lying. He was even #2 at MW and 10 years later still in the top 5. He was ranked top 3-5 at LHW also (Sherdog had him at #6, Sherdog always ranks the UFC guys higher than the fighters from other orgs) other ranks had him #3, #4
MW:
22843605011a62ee77bab9da83526302ca048a3087a099d5b2ea48e9002f5a023787c87a.jpg

LHW:
57393595359b2a58a85c2d67e8ebf67a3a17dacd29c188d4093e8c4b6fe617019ecc62dd.jpg
Gegard Mousasi will go down in mma history as the only gladiator to be champ- top 5 - top 10 for 14 + years and still running.....even fighting with an ACL tear( one of 2) during this period. People can come and try to discredit the guy but if they're really paying attention ( and realize at some points - UFC wasnt the win all be all [ which he had a very successful run anyway] ) then they can just say nothing at all or give the cat his just due.

For the most part, t.s did a decent job ..... and hes ALWAYS thorough ( more than me).

Mirko and Gus. They can wrestle. Not just strike, which is the usual for Euros.

But if you'd list based on record it's Bas. Just the Ken unavenged losses. Otherwise champion and beat a lot of champ caliber fighters (same rules for both in Pancrase).

Conor's like a supernova, rapid ascend, but not much longevity. His career is based on like a 10-fight climb. Maybe 6 of those legit opponents. Too short. Others have fought for 10-15 years on a top level. Conor like 2014-2016 and the Khabib fight. Doesn't compare.

Joanna has something like 6 title defenses. Conor has 0.
I hate to say this... but it's what we're all thinking.

WMMA is adorable... but no one is putting a female fighter on this list unless they're 'woke.'

Joachim Hansen is up there. Stopped Gomi's run and then went on to beat most of the top LW's of that time. Beat Aoki later. And a otherwise strong career.

Back