Greatest fighters ever from Europe (excluding Russia)?

Cro Cop was once a #3 ranked HW in the world. He should be at the top of this list, not Conor...
He was ranked #2 at a couple points as well, but at one point I think Conor was #1 at 145 and 155. Not sure what Overeem’s highest rank was, but it was probably in the top 2 or 3. To me, those are easily the top 3 out of that list.

Mousasi has a nice record but I’m struggling to find any elite wins when they mattered, at least in comparison to the aforementioned 3. His highest ranked win in his weight class is a guy who lost his previous 2 and went on to lose 5 out of his next 6, and mousasi’s highest rank Overall was #5. He may not have the double digit losses that Mirko or Overeem have, but their highs were much higher than his. People can weigh it however they want, but at their best, they are cream of the crop.

Also, winning a bunch of titles fights in B orgs (Cro cop and Overeem have plenty of those as well) doesn’t really mean anything at all to me. Cro Cop finished his career on a 10 fight win streak with good names on it, but it doesn’t hold much weight to me. He also won the Rizin GP and K1 GP, although that year was much weaker Than usual. Still, for a guy almost 40 it was a nice achievement. His wins over Aliakbari and King Mo during his Rizin GP win were decent, but not what makes him an all time great. That would be his body of work in PRIDE.

Last edited:
Is this a MMA list or an overal fighters list?

And did you just include Jan Blachowisz in your top10?
{<jordan}
are you dumb or stoned... how many european champs we had... idiot gonna idiot...

He was ranked #2 at a couple points as well, but at one point I think Conor was #1 at 145 and 155. Not sure what Overeem’s highest rank was, but it was in the top 3. To me, those are easily the top 3 out of that last.

I'd rate Cro Cop way above Conor, because unlike Conor, Cro Cop fought all the toughest opponents available. Conor fought against smaller opponents at 145 and got favorable match-ups (Diaz, Alvarez) at LW to get that undeserved title shot.

As for Overeem, it's been too long, so I don't remember what his highest rank was (assuming you meant at LHW). Overeem at his peak was definitely top 3 HW skillwise. His winning the K1 Grand Prix cemented himself as one of the best fighters in the sport, in my opinion. It's unfortunate that his decline seemingly made people forget what he has accomplished for an MMA fighter.

I'd rate Cro Cop way above Conor, because unlike Conor, Cro Cop fought all the toughest opponents available. Conor fought against smaller opponents at 145 and got favorable match-ups (Diaz, Alvarez) at LW to get that undeserved title shot.

As for Overeem, it's been too long, so I don't remember what his highest rank was (assuming you meant at LHW). Overeem at his peak was definitely top 3 HW skillwise. His winning the K1 Grand Prix cemented himself as one of the best fighters in the sport, in my opinion. It's unfortunate that his decline seemingly made people forget what he has accomplished for an MMA fighter.
Fair enough. Conor achieved great things but who knows what his record Would look like if he fought regularly for 10 years. I’ve got no problem putting Cro Cop ahead of him but Still, id personally go

1. Conor
2. Cro cop
3. Overeem

are you dumb or stoned... how many european champs we had... idiot gonna idiot...
Read my other reply. I thought we were talking about fighters in general since Schilt was included... and having Jan in the top10 just shows how bad European mma is...

He was ranked #2 at a couple points as well, but at one point I think Conor was #1 at 145 and 155. Not sure what Overeem’s highest rank was, but it was probably in the top 2 or 3. To me, those are easily the top 3 out of that list.

Mousasi has a nice record but I’m struggling to find any elite wins when they mattered, at least in comparison to the aforementioned 3. His highest ranked win in his weight class is a guy who lost his previous 2 and went on to lose 5 out of his next 6, and mousasi’s highest rank Overall was #5. He may not have the double digit losses that Mirko or Overeem have, but their highs were much higher than his. People can weigh it however they want, but at their best, they are cream of the crop.

Also, winning a bunch of titles fights in B orgs (Cro cop and Overeem have plenty of those as well) doesn’t really mean anything at all to me. Cro Cop finished his career on a 10 fight win streak with good names on it, but it doesn’t hold much weight to me. He also won the Rizin GP and K1 GP, although that year was much weaker Than usual. Still, for a guy almost 40 it was a nice achievement. His wins over Aliakbari and King Mo during his Rizin GP win were decent, but not what makes him an all time great. That would be his body of work in PRIDE.
If you didn't followed his career, at least stop lying. He was even #2 at MW and 10 years later still in the top 5. He was ranked top 3-5 at LHW also (Sherdog had him at #6, Sherdog always ranks the UFC guys higher than the fighters from other orgs) other ranks had him #3, #4
MW:
22843605011a62ee77bab9da83526302ca048a3087a099d5b2ea48e9002f5a023787c87a.jpg

LHW:
57393595359b2a58a85c2d67e8ebf67a3a17dacd29c188d4093e8c4b6fe617019ecc62dd.jpg

Last edited:
Saucy
Mirko
Conor
Reem
Arlovski
Bisping
Igor
Rutten
Kampmann
Gus
Schilt
Jan
Hellboy
Daley
Leon
Weichel
Pearson
Siver
Janitor
Gunnar
Saffiedine
Kongo
Manuwa
Hardy
Pickett

Last edited:
You can't really rate conor's career. He was spoon fed quite a bit. Easy stylistic matches and opponents with nearly no training camps. He looked absolutely different against men smaller than him than he did against people his size or taller. Too much bullshit to say where he belongs. Definitely not #1. Not even top 3. There's too many proven warriors on that list.

Saucy
Mirko
Conor
Reem
Arlovski
Bisping
Igor
Rutten
Kampmann
Gus
Schilt
Jan
Hellboy
Daley
Leon
Weichel
Pearson
Siver
Janitor
Gunnar
Saffiedine
Kongo
Manuwa
Hardy
Pickett

Some legit names there, I'll add some more:
Khalidov
Zaromskis
Tabera
Soldic
Till
MVP

Some legit names there, I'll add some more:
Khalidov
Zaromskis
Tabera
Soldic
Till
MVP

Forgot Khalidov is Polish. Was thinking Russian and just didnt include him. That was definitely an omission. Surprised you missed Kampmann

Zaromskis was pretty good def deserves a shot and is prolly the GOAT Lithuanian for the time being but Bellator and UFC got a couple guys that could pass him

Soldic will def be up there eventually but too soon now.

I thought it might be too son for Till but he prolly already deserves a ranking. MVP I wouldnt rate him in there. Maybe in the future. Tybura I wouldnt either.

Russia is already excluded from Europe.

Back