Greatest fighters ever from Europe (excluding Russia)?

If Ngannou counts then Khamzat Chimaev would count. There’s guys like Juan Espino who will break into the top 15 at HW, and Dennis Siver who was top 15 at FW I believe. I think guys like Prochazka and Rakic will make a name for themselves, this new breed of Slavic fighters will go far.

Last edited:
Is this a MMA list or an overal fighters list?

And did you just include Jan Blachowisz in your top10?
{<jordan}

If Ngannou counts then Khamzat Chimaev would count.
Yup.

Because otherwise guys like Randy Couture wouldn't count as americans either, considering that all white americans are of european descent.

Is this a MMA list or an overal fighters list?

And did you just include Jan Blachowisz in your top10?
{<jordan}

In MMA.

Jan is one of only 4 male UFC champions - Andrei Arlovski Conor Mcgregor Michael Bisping - and has also quite the resume this whole decade. It's arguable but he definitely has a case. Who do you say have a case above him?

Yup.

Because otherwise guys like Randy Couture wouldn't count as americans either, considering that all white americans are of european descent.
It’s more like because both are foreign born and choose to represent a non-Russian European country, even though I think Francis just represents Cameroon now.

It’s more like because both are foreign born and choose to represent a non-Russian European country, even though I think Francis just represents Cameroon now.
Oh, i missed your point then.

Agree though.

If Ngannou counts then Khamzat Chimaev would count. There’s guys like Juan Espino who will break into the top 15 at HW, and Dennis Siver who was top 15 at FW I believe. I think guys like Prochazka and Rakic will make a name for themselves, this new breed of Slavic fighters will go far.
Yup.

Oh ok I didnt get the nationality issue with Chimaev/Ngannou. Yeah I agree, thats why I included Ngannou with a question mark in the OP.

Yeah Espino has potential to break the ranks in the shallow HW division today. He is not young though, anyways the greatest fghter ever from Spain is still Daniel Tabera, by a good margin.

Russia is part of the Asian continent, why would they be considered European?

Now Ukraine, that is part of the Europe continent.

So what would Russian's be considered? Should they just be their own continent like Australia?

I'm not saying he's more accomplished, but in a fight I would favour Alexander Rakic over some of the people on your list who have fought at 205.

I think the order is a bit whack but you’ve covered most the right names. Mousasi is way, way too high for my tastes, but I don’t want to reopen that can of worms.

I try to list them by nº of quality wins and losses as well as accomplishments.

Mousasi is a very polarizing figure in sherdog...but it's fair to say he is often highly praised by fellow fighters and opponents.

Im not sure any European fighter matches Mousasi's resume in the elite for 15 years across three weightclasses. Overeem has as much of a case in terms of accomplishments and longevity, but he has also been finished 15 times...Mousasi just 4; impressive for a guy with such strenght of schedule imo.
Mirko has a case but he didnt remain in the elite for so long.

Peter "the Lumberjack" Aerts
6f1qhs_jpg.gif

Ernesto "mr Perfect" Hoost
GargantuanLazyAnchovy-size_restricted.gif

Allistair "the Reem" "Übereem" "Econoreem" Overeem
fc141aovetkobles.gif

Bas "el Guapo" Rutten
tenor.gif

*edit : forgot one.

Gegard "the Moose" Mousasi
hPc.gif

Last edited:
So who are the greatest fighters ever from Europe, or higher ranked in the p4p GOAT list?

#1 - Conor (top15 worldwide)
#2 - Mousasi (top30 worldwide)
#3 - Overeem (top30 worldwide)
#4 - Mirko (top50 worldwide)
#5 - Rutten (top50 worldwide)
#6 - Arlovski - UFC champ and fringe contender in the absolute division for two full decades.
#7 - Bisping - became champ blind in one eye
#8 - Igor - king of European MMA in the 90s
#9 - Jan - one of only 4 male UFC champions ever from Europe
#10 - Gustaffson - arguably beat all-time greats Jones and Cormier in their prime for the tittle

Im surely forgetting some

*Edit: Shilt, Hansen, Kongo

*Huge respect for Joana or Valentina, I dont include them for the same reason no woman shares a list with Leo Messi or Michael Jordan

jean-claude-van-damme-1472049362.jpg

Included Jan and JCVD picture, deserved like.

Conor over Crocop alone makes your list invalid

I always lol at your avatar. Like.

In MMA.

Jan is one of only 4 male UFC champions - Andrei Arlovski Conor Mcgregor Michael Bisping - and has also quite the resume this whole decade. It's arguable but he definitely has a case. Who do you say have a case above him?
I assumed it wasn't MMA since Schilt was being mentioned. Schilt wasn't a great MMA fighter but was a great kickboxer. Jan is a very average fighter but if you think about it, there are not much great European MMA fighters. He would definitely place lower than Ping though.

Back