Greatest fighter to compete in the Octagon to not of won a title.........mine is

Interim champ isn't a title. It's one of Dana's fictional ideas. BMF...etc... It's all NOB.....Number One Bull....
I disagree, interim belts are very necessary when lineal champs can't defend their belts. Remember Dominick Cruz' first bantamweight run for example. It took almost two years till they finally vacated his run and gave it to then interim champ Renan Barao. If you don't want interim belts to exist, there should be a clear time limit for when a champ has to defend his belt again. If you can't have that, interim belts are absolutely legitimate title wins.

Nog won an interim against Big Tim.. Never won the actual lineal belt.

Oddly though, he's the only person i can remember defending an interim. Mir beat him to set up the UFC 100 unification bout
Baroa defended his interm belt a couple times before they made him the full champion.

Dan HENDO Henderson
StrikeForce 205 champ
Pride 183, 205 champ,
UFC 17 Tournament winner
2 Time Olympian in Wrestling
Notable UFC wins, Franklin, Bisping, Lombard, Shogun(2), Palhares,

latest

124danhendersonvsshogunrua_gallery_post_large.jpg

s-l300.jpg
He beat Fedor also, how could you leave that out!!

Also he put that inside leg kick over hand right combo on the map

Cerrone deserves a mention. The guy holds the record for most wins, most finishes, etc. He pretty much has every accolade you can have other than a major belt to his name. He never held the WEC belt either.

Yea but it's not like he wasn't give multiple opportunities. He got smashed in his title fight and whenever he got close to going back for the belt he would always lose the fight that matters most.

Back