Greatest fighter to compete in the Octagon to not of won a title.........mine is

Reem
Romero
Ferguson

Hendo has a few bad losses, but not the guy he KTFO?

*Insert gif of Hendo knocking out Wand*

And yeah, I know he had the flu.

Wand actually had an very long reign as the LHW king. Conversely, at no point in time was Hendo considered the best fighter in any division. He defended a single title. Yes, he won the Pride WW and MW titles, but he immediately lost to Misaki and Rampage within months of winning those titles.

Yes, Wand got KO'd by Hendo. And Wand also beat Hendo. I'm not sure how any of that affects the analysis. Great fighters sometimes lose to great fighters. And Wand was never the same after CroCop took his soul.

Yes, Hendo had a few bad losses. Losing to Misaki was a terrible loss. Getting dominated by WW Jake Sheilds was a terrible loss. Wand never had those kinds of losses to inferior fighters. The only truly bad loss on Wand's record was against Leben, and Wand was a completely shot fighter by then. And besides the couple bad losses that Hendo had, there's a reason he was known for a long time as "Decision Dan." It wasn't just that his fights wen the distance, but that he was given a number of decisions in fights that everyone knew he actually lost.

Hendo is an all-time great. But Wand clearly had the better career.

henderson...you mean the TRT guy?
henderson was not that good in UFC though: 7-9 losing record in modern UFC era
sure he did a lot of stuff before his UFC run, but that's not really relevant in UFC

better answers are:
tony ferguson: his fake belt doesn't count, sorry! 15-1 UFC record, 12 fight win streak, the uncrowned king of LW and P4P
jon fitch: 14-3-1 UFC record, perennial #2 behind GSP, 8 fight win streak
joseph benavidez: 15-3 UFC record, last man to beat triple C, perennial #2 behind DJ, the absolute MMA GOAT

This is the correct answer and no one else is even close, besides maybe Overeem.

In my personal opinion, Hendo may actually be the real GOAT, based on strength of resume, longevity across multiple generations of fighters, and overall quality of performances.

I honestly don’t even really like Hendo that much. I met him one time in person and he came off as a bit of a doof. But when I think about the things he’s done in the sport, I can’t really put anyone up next to him.
FEDOR, FEDOR os the GOAT and yet Hendo KO'd him, cant think that would have happenes in PRIDE but thats a badd ass HENDO was, he beat people said he NEVER Would, Nog, Fedor, Shogun, Lombard, Wanderlai silva, and GOT SCREWED against Rampage in hte 205 title fight in London, watch the fight again

FEDOR, FEDOR os the GOAT and yet Hendo KO'd him, cant think that would have happenes in PRIDE but thats a badd ass HENDO was, he beat people said he NEVER Would, Nog, Fedor, Shogun, Lombard, Wanderlai silva, and GOT SCREWED against Rampage in hte 205 title fight in London, watch the fight again
Silva and gsp got finished by tiny men your point?

Silva and gsp got finished by tiny men your point?
that he BEAT Fedor and should never have, His Right hand is the GREATEST single weapon in MMA historyIMO

Wand actually had an very long reign as the LHW king. Conversely, at no point in time was Hendo considered the best fighter in any division. He defended a single title. Yes, he won the Pride WW and MW titles, but he immediately lost to Misaki and Rampage within months of winning those titles.

Yes, Wand got KO'd by Hendo. And Wand also beat Hendo. I'm not sure how any of that affects the analysis. Great fighters sometimes lose to great fighters. And Wand was never the same after CroCop took his soul.

Yes, Hendo had a few bad losses. Losing to Misaki was a terrible loss. Getting dominated by WW Jake Sheilds was a terrible loss. Wand never had those kinds of losses to inferior fighters. The only truly bad loss on Wand's record was against Leben, and Wand was a completely shot fighter by then. And besides the couple bad losses that Hendo had, there's a reason he was known for a long time as "Decision Dan." It wasn't just that his fights wen the distance, but that he was given a number of decisions in fights that everyone knew he actually lost.

Wanderlei had an amazing 5-year run, and I'm not denying that, and I don't even care about the usual negative connotations thrown at Pride superstars. But let's not forget that 5-year run only had 3 title defenses. The reason I would place Hendo just as high, if not higher, is because Dan has always been in that conversation of the best in his weight class. Not just within one promotion. But every place he competed. When he was Decision Dan or H-Bomb, Henderson was challenging for a title. His "bad losses" are to Misaki, whom he had just beaten two months prior and Jake Shields, who just happens to be one of the other names being brought up on this thread, another fighter that won everywhere he went. Henderson is the same guy who won 3 tournaments in his first 9 fights with names like Newton, Big Nog, Yvel, and Sobral before losing to Wand who had already lost to a green Ortiz and Belfort before getting a decision over Henderson.

Dan HENDO Henderson
StrikeForce 205 champ
Pride 183, 205 champ,
UFC 17 Tournament winner
2 Time Olympian in Wrestling
Notable UFC wins, Franklin, Bisping, Lombard, Shogun(2), Palhares,

latest

124danhendersonvsshogunrua_gallery_post_large.jpg

s-l300.jpg

Lol start a thread by asking a question with the answer in it?

Shameful shortage of Sakuraba in this thread...

X6wZkk.gif

Saka1_medium.jpg

Last edited:
If we’re talking UFC titles only, mine has gotta be Mirko Cro Cop. I still don’t get what the hell happened. Dude was an absolute monster in Pride. An all time great. Fedor, Nogueira, and Cro Cop were the Ali, Frazier, and Foreman of Pride. When Cro Cop came
to the UFC he got old overnight. I just can’t accept that everyone who beat Mirko in the UFC could’ve beaten the Pride version of him. Still one of my favorite fighters ever. Wish the same Mirko we saw in Pride competed in the UFC. He looked slower, outta shape, softer, lesser motivated. Idk maybe I’m delusional lol
It was the cage imo. The guy had 100+ fights in rings and didn't translate well at all. Mirko needed those corners imo.

Dan Henderson won the UFC 17 middleweight tournament championship

All the other bullshit aside, losing to Shields is nothing to be ashamed of, and Misaki was actually pretty fucking good. Those were not “terrible losses” by any stretch of the means.

Back