Greatest fat guy in movies

In the electric mist (2009) is the John Goodman movie I was thinking of.

Jon Candy by far.... Farley and Belushi only made a couple movies worth mentioning - Candy was a leading comedy film star for a decade in dozens of films.

Sammo Mutha Fuckin Hung!

th
Remember Martial law? Only saw a couple episodes but it was cool and he was funny. I think it tied into Walker Texas Ranger

1. Roscoe "Fatty" Arbuckle
2. John Candy
3. John Belushi
4. Chris Farley
5. John Goodman

Gotta be Sammo for me

Kenan_Thompson_2012_%28cropped%29.jpg

Good Burger alone gets him the top spot but than you add the longest running SNL spot too and no one beats him

Remember Martial law? Only saw a couple episodes but it was cool and he was funny. I think it tied into Walker Texas Ranger

Had Bas Rutten appear. He dances in the out takes in the end. Amusing.

Should have Samo Hung(ry) in there..

Last edited:
I assumed we were taking about comedic fat guys, in which case it's easily Farley. His body of work (no pun intended) is gigantic (also no pun intended) and bursting at the seams (pun intentional that time) with calssic moments. It's between him or Candy and I have him edging out Candy purely from his dance off against Patrick Swayze and the Schmitt's Gay commerical.

If we're talking all around, then Jon Goodman is your answer.

John-Goodman-Angry.gif

giphy.gif

I assumed we were taking about comedic fat guys, in which case it's easily Farley. His body of work (no pun intended) is gigantic (also no pun intended) and bursting at the seams (pun intentional that time) with calssic moments. It's between him or Candy and I have him edging out Candy purely from his dance off against Patrick Swayze and the Schmitt's Gay commerical.

If we're talking all around, then Jon Goodman is your answer.

John-Goodman-Angry.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah, he gets underrated because hes so funny and comedic. He absolutely killed it in 10 Cloverfield lane.

No love for Forrest Whittaker ?

Last King of Scotland, Color of Money ,Platoon, Panic Room , Arrival ,Black Panther and Rogue One is a pretty decent film list...

He's a lot thinner than he used to be admittedly but he only looks a meal or 2 away from portraying a proper fatty again...

Back