Greatest Examples Of Fair Play?

vladimirvlad

MMA is my life
@Green
Reaction score
Sometimes the referee simply steps in too late. But some fighters even stop before the ref's signal and save the other guy from major injuries.
For me, these are the top three examples of a fantastic fair play.
1. Pedro Rizzo didn't want to kill his opponent

2. Mark Hunt was a fair-play phenom on many occasions, but this one was just awesome.

3. Gilbert Burns didn't want to cause brain damage, and the ref Nick Jones was asleep. (Dan Moret, 3:13)

So what do you think guys? We don't see fair play too often in the MMA world... Please share your examples.

Rickson not punching Nakai in the face after he was gouged by Gordeau.

Mo Smith letting Bas Rutten back up after he slip trying to kick him in the head (could be seen as a tactical move as well)

great examples thank you. I remember both fights, great details.

Rickson not punching Nakai in the face after he was gouged by Gordeau.
Hickson actually did punch him in the face on the ground, but ya could sense he was definitely tryin´to avoid it as much as possible, and especially the injured side...

source.gif

Barnett vs mighty mo at dream 13. Barnett let mighty mo kick him in the balls after the fight because of the groin shot earlier.

I was gonna say Mark Hunt for sure. I've always loved that walk off KO.
AbwaYCw.gif

Best win celebration of all time.

Also wanna mention a smaller one. I liked Valentina's KO over Eye. She went from a stone cold killer to skipping along.
SpectacularFlusteredAlaskajingle-size_restricted.gif

I was gonna say Mark Hunt for sure. I've always loved that walk off KO.
AbwaYCw.gif

Best win celebration of all time.

Also wanna mention a smaller one. I liked Valentina's KO over Eye. She went from a stone cold killer to skipping along.
SpectacularFlusteredAlaskajingle-size_restricted.gif
agree about both and yes, Valentina didn't attack the grounded opponent, just like Gilbert Burns.

Am I crazy for believing a part of the walk-off KO is due to not wanting any part of the ground?

Am I crazy for believing a part of the walk-off KO is due to not wanting any part of the ground?

No, Hunt shouldn't want to go to the ground, though early in his career he didn't have the best fight IQ in MMA and often would take people down when he shouldn't.

Machida refusing to follow up on Munoz. It’s the best cause we all know the referee wouldn't have stopped it.

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
There was a very nice moment of fair play from Jose Aldo in the Manny Gamburyan fight.

Also Brian Stann vs Alessio Sakara.

Sorry for no videos.

Barnett vs mighty mo at dream 13. Barnett let mighty mo kick him in the balls after the fight because of the groin shot earlier.

How did I forget about this? Thanks!

Also Barnett looking extra juicy.

Back