Greatest Baseball Player of All Time?

lol at barry bonds.
not only a cheat but a fucking liar as well.
fuck him.

and LOL at A-Roid, another juiced to the gills feggit.

Ted Williams.
boom

ty cobb, babe ruth, lou whitaker, willie mays, stan musial. the answer is in this list somewhere

Hank Aaron's HR record overshadowed an otherwise spectacular career.
he definitely had an incredible career, but i disagree. the HR record elevated him. his numbers across the board were awesome, but they were more a product of very steady over a long period of time rather than a more compressed period of higher numbers. players like ruth, foxx, greenberg, etc had much better individual years

Over a 23 yr career, Hank Aaron avg'd : 37HRs, 113 RBIs and a .305 batting avg.

He had 11 40+ HR seasons (mapping his 154 game seasons to 162).

http%3A%2F%2Fo.aolcdn.com%2Fhss%2Fstorage%2Fmidas%2F8109eec307098a71c6d7f7e7f4d02616%2F0%2FRTX3I24S.jpeg

How to people objectively make a case for Bonds when you have players like Pujols and Griffey Jr. is beyond me. In no way Bonds was on the same level of greatness as Mays, Ruth, or Aaron. We are talking about players who defined the game without chemical enhancements. Those are players who truly changed the game.

if you put Bonds in the HOF, you must then put McGuire, Canseco and Sosa in there as well, no?

How to people objectively make a case for Bonds when you have players like Pujols and Griffey Jr. is beyond me. Offensively, defensively, career and leadership wise their careers are very similar statistically, aside from Bonds’ multiple MVPs. Considering Bonds will never be in the Hall of Fame even lessens the value of those MVPs.
if you look at his numbers alone, without the fact that he juiced, i think its very easy to make a case for bonds. griffey and pujols had 10 years of being incredible, but their numbers dropped markedly in their later years. bonds was basically blackballed, so who knows is his would have done the same, but his numbers were awesome until the end. that said, i hate that mother fucker

I watched Pujols and Griffey in their best seasons. I knew what they were capable of. Bonds was a hell of a player yet people on here need to put it in perspective. There were also teams in SF when Bonds did not have to afford to be the best player. I always felt he got too much credit.

Players like Ruth, Mays, and Aaron changed the game forever. To me I am not even sure I put Bonds ahead of Schmidt, Bench, Ted Williams, Koufax, Nolan Ryan, Mantle, or Musial out of fairness.

I watched Pujols and Griffey in their best seasons. I knew what they were capable of. Bonds was a hell of a player yet people on here need to put it in perspective. There were also teams in SF when Bonds did not have to afford to be the best player. I always felt he got too much credit.

Players like Ruth, Mays, and Aaron changed the game forever. To me I am not even sure I put Bonds ahead of Schmidt, Bench, Ted Williams, Koufax, Nolan Ryan, Mantle, or Musial out of fairness.
that is a weird list you have there. koufax? you cant compare them because koufax's prime was incredibly short. he was amazing in that time, but what did he have? 5 dominant years compared to 20 for bonds? and ryan was great at ko's and no hitters, but he isnt even a top of the list pitcher, let alone overall. hall of famer yes, but not among the true best. schmidt and bench weregreat, but more in respect to their positions which are more shallow than others. williams and musial are definitely top contenders though. again this is all if you take the steroids out of it and just base it on numbers alone. there were years when people just wouldnt pitch to him at all

at least both he and mac came clean about their usage.
ass bitch bonds denied and denied like cvnt

Bonds was the best player in baseball in the 90's, by raw numbers or the advanced metrics. Long before he started roiding right before the turn of the century. He just became a god when he started taking them (at a point where they were almost universally used). He was better than Griffey by a long shot. Griffey was an amazing player to watch, but besides hitting homeruns (what a fucking swing) and being a GG CF instead of a GG LF, Bonds was better at everything else. Pujols, even with his gaudy numbers, wasn't as dominant as pre-PED Bonds, relative to league average.

Williams and Bonds is very close with considerations in opposite directions. I put Musial and Mantle slightly behind both of them. Lol at Schmidt though. Great player, but he's not in this discussion just because there's a dearth of all-time great 3rd basemen. Same with Bench at C.

Nolan Ryan doesn't belong anywhere in this conversation. He was the 5th or 6th best pitcher of his era. Other than the K's and walks (his safest records), his numbers are basically the same as Phil Niekro's. Again, amazing to watch but unbelievably overrated because of it. There is a reason he never won CY and it certainly wasn't because sports writers didn't love him. His longevity is astounding (especially considering how he pitched), but he's not a top 25 pitcher of all time.

at least both he and mac came clean about their usage.
ass bitch bonds denied and denied like cvnt
Not to defend Barry, but he didn't lie to congress and then come back talking 'I'm not here to talk about the past, I'm here to discuss the future' over and over again to every question like Big Mac either.

not sure what you're trying to say, but never defend bonds.
guys a fucking PED abuser who let his personal trainer lanquish in jail for MONTHS for
refusing to testify against him.
he's a consummate POS and disgraces the game of baseball with every breath he takes.

not sure what you're trying to say, but never defend bonds.
guys a fucking PED abuser who let his personal trainer lanquish in jail for MONTHS for
refusing to testify against him.
he's a consummate POS and disgraces the game of baseball with every breath he takes.
I was just saying Big Mac got a huge pass for making such an enormous ass out of himself when he was going after people for pointing out his usage and then refusing to own up until he wanted a way back into the game.

Bonds is a total douche. He's still the best player of my lifetime, clean or juiced.

Back