• Dwight D. Eisenhower

• John F. Kennedy

• Lyndon B. Johnson

• Ronald Reagan

• Bill Clinton

• Barack Obama

• Other (specify)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Not sure why Obama is up there way too early to be able to judge the historical of what he did. I picked FDR

I tend to agree, but if you don't have that much frame of historical reference, you can still base picking him off of his short-term feats and the fact that he was pretty objectively the best president since the 1970s.

Wanted to vote Andrew Jackson to be an asshole but decided against it.

Wanted to vote Andrew Jackson to be an asshole but decided against it.

hiya Gregolian,

Jackson used to get alot of traction, but now has fallen out of fashion due to that whole genocide-of-native-americans thing.

- IGIT

hiya Gregolian,

Jackson used to get alot of traction, but now has fallen out of fashion due to that whole genocide-of-native-americans thing.

- IGIT
No shit.

Want to know the greatest card to play in 'Cards Against Humanity' in response to "what are white people good at?"

"Trail of Tears"

Contextual
Are talking at the time? How do you argue against Jefferson or Washington

Washington or Lincoln. I went with Lincoln but it was more a less a flip of a coin IMO.

Contextual
Are talking at the time? How do you argue against Jefferson or Washington

hi there cincymma79,

contextual.

yes, i think that's a point that some here are missing.

this thread reminds me of different one which discussed the greatest welterweights. when i suggested that Royce Gracie deserves to be considered, i was met mostly by derision; stuff like "Tyrone Woodley would kill Royce".

fair enough.

what, exactly, would Jefferson have done to manage the Great Recession of 2009? how would Washington have dealt with the outsourcing of manufacturing jobs to other nations which had a radically lower standard of living and non-existant environmental protections?

- IGIT

FDR (actually really Eleanor).

Left is best my friends.

FDR has some accomplishments that are hard to top, but I always liked Ike too, just not quite as accomplished.

Last edited:
I don't know about the Greatest American President, but this is the Greatest American Hero:

Lol, damn auto correct.

I am curious, though, how you can simultaneously respect Teddy as the GOAT and like Trump...at all.

cae48ff021fa02b91c05b265a709758b.jpg

teddy-roosevelt-patriotism-quote-inspirational.jpg

TRUMP - don't make fun of me! Fake news!

ae0382f114889ab663bb66f893ba0edf.jpg

e2166b72aaf816adc4a8f887ebf4e5b1--theodore-roosevelt-social-issues.jpg

TRUMP - appointing corporate executives to destroy public programs, upwardly distributing money and power to corporations. Regulations are bad!!!!

quote-conservation-means-development-as-much-as-it-does-protection-i-recognize-the-right-and-theodore-roosevelt-105-63-14.jpg

TRUMP - privatizing more federal land than any president in history, deregulating polluters and expanding drilling of natural resources.

quote-speak-softly-and-carry-a-big-stick-you-will-go-far-theodore-roosevelt-25-9-0977.jpg

TRUMP - Big button! Rocket man! Fire and fury!!!!

@Tropodan, don't you agree that Teddy Roosevelt is perhaps the single most anti-Trump American president in United States history?

I really can't think of a more glaring contrast, particularly on the areas of Environment vs. Corporations

George Washington has got to be one of history's greatest leaders.

George Washington has got to be one of history's greatest leaders.

Meh.

I used to say that, but my history buff brother enlightened me otherwise. Great historical figure? Absolutely. Great military leader? Sure.

But besides setting the stage for peaceful transfer of executive power -- an important thing no doubt -- he didn't really advance much in the way of policy and was instead more of a figurehead. So, as a political leader, he really doesn't have much place alongside FDR, Theodore Roosevelt, or his immediate successors in Madison, Monroe, and Jefferson, all of whom engaged in robust, tireless policy making.

@Tropodan, don't you agree that Teddy Roosevelt is perhaps the single most anti-Trump American president in United States history?

I really can't think of a more glaring contrast, particularly on the areas of Environment vs. Corporations

If you studied history enough you'd know that time is relative. Trump can judge FDR, FDR can't judge Trump for obvious reasons.

Back