Great wrestlers who are/were surprisingly easy to takedown?

Although he wasn't a wrestler Cheick Kongo had pretty good takedowns but could not stop a shot on him.

The most useless stat ever reported in MMA. Khabib did not take him down 21 times, not even close. Standing rear return is not a takedown, period.
Semantics. If it makes you feel better just say he has the mat return record. That's what DC says. It was effectively the same thing. He completely controlled the fight, dominated all the grappling and scrambles, ect. It was an impressive display.

The most useless stat ever reported in MMA. Khabib did not take him down 21 times, not even close. Standing rear return is not a takedown, period.
opinionated.gif

man, it happened lately, a guy with a wrestling background got taken down easily several times, it was not even three months ago but I cant remember who it was damn it.
Bermudez?

Although he wasn't a wrestler Cheick Kongo had pretty good takedowns but could not stop a shot on him.
Kongo is an interesting case. According to wikipedia he started out as a Greco roman wrestler, which kinda makes sense bc France has a very good Greco Team. From there he added silat and muay Thai. This kinda explains how he became a monster in the clinch but his legs were still vulnerable as hell to shots. Even Rampage Jackson has said that Kongo is the strongest dude he has ever trained with in the clinch.

Dan Henderson stands above all others.

Guy had the best chin in the history of MMA so he could get away with running in head first striking wise, it didn't work so well when guys ducked for a double.

Henderson’s chin is a bs myth created by Sherdog. Show me a clip or gif where Henderson ate a bomb that snapped his head. The guy was hardly ever tagged by a big shot, because he never left his chin hanging out. A great defense is not necessarily a great chin.

As for the wrestling, Henderson had such a strong base, he wisely diversified his energy to raise whatever was lagging. I’d also like to mention that Henderson had a good sub defense, because he abandoned his pure wrestling roots to become more well rounded.

Back