Great White vs. Saltwater Croc vs. Green Anaconda

how would an anaconda beat a great white?

They are all kind of cans. great whites are reported by many to be big pussies. Anacondas are slow as hell.

I want to see

Hippo:polar bear:Buffalo

or

chimpanzee:boerboel:cougar:boar

They are all kind of cans. great whites are reported by many to be big pussies. Anacondas are slow as hell.

I want to see

Hippo:polar bear:Buffalo

or

chimpanzee:boerboel:cougar:boar

Hippo takes out a buffalo easily. A polar bear would be a little closer but still no match against a hippo.

Hippo takes out a buffalo easily. A polar bear would be a little closer but still no match against a hippo.

Rhino and Hippo both take out any bear IMO. Just too big. Polar bear beats buffalo imo. Polar bears are vicious motherfuckers.

That's awesome to find! I'd take that home mount it on the wall and tell everybody I killed it with my bear hands.

i_built_this_with_my_bear_hands-142999.jpg

http://www.gagbay.com/images/2012/09/i_built_this_with_my_bear_hands-142999.jpg/IMG][/QUOTE]

[IMG]http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/BEAR+HANDS_e745f7_3876121.jpg

between this thread and the earlier elephant/rhino/hippo one I have realized that an elephant can be as much as three times the size of a great white! They are even bigger than a killer whale!

between this thread and the earlier elephant/rhino/hippo one I have realized that an elephant can be as much as three times the size of a great white! They are even bigger than a killer whale!

That can't be true, can it?

By the numbers:

Anaconda, max wt. ~550 lbs., max swim speed ??? -- can't imagine it's very fast.

Saltwater croc, max wt. ~4400 lbs., max swim speed ~18 mph.

Great white, max wt. ~5000 lbs., max swim speed ~35 mph.

Closest comparison is the croc and the shark, but it looks as if the croc is outdone by size and especially speed. Anaconda isn't a close third.

Pound for pound the snake wins. A 22 foot snake would weigh around 300lbs, and I think it could take a 7 foot croc/shark which would weigh about the same.

23 foot saltwater croc = 4500lbs
21 foot white shark = 5000lbs
60 foot snake = 4500lbs

Animal weights don't work like that. Titanboa is believed to be 40-50 ft long and in the range of 2500lbs and is the heaviest known snake species ever.

That can't be true, can it?

Wikipedia says that a big shark is 5,000 lb while a big elephant is 15,000 lb. I always thought a great white was at least as big as an elephant, but apperently it isn't even close.

Wikipedia says that a big shark is 5,000 lb while a big elephant is 15,000 lb. I always thought a great white was at least as big as an elephant, but apperently it isn't even close.

I meant you saying an elephant was bigger than a killer whale.

Just checked.

Average African elephant is 5 tonnes, whereas the orca is 6-8. So it's pretty close.

Just checked.

Average African elephant is 5 tonnes, whereas the orca is 6-8. So it's pretty close.
The number I saw was 6 tonnes, which is still quite a bit smaller than 15,000 lb. I guess I should have said 'can be' rather than are.

Last edited:

Just checked.

The number I saw was 6 tonnes, which is still quite a bit smaller than 15,000 lb. I guess I should have said 'can be' rather than are.

The blue whale > all those cans lol.

In the water, Great White.

If Orca's ever learn how to walk we'll be their slaves.

Back