This is a very underrated animated show:

Clone High

250px-Clone_High_Cast_Promo.jpg

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0305011/

Say whaaaaaaat?

Aqua Teen Hunger Force

been running over 12 years and still as good or better than ever

GOAT cartoon GOAT adult swim show GOAT comedy

the sopranos is always called the show that brought a new sense of artistic quality to television and the one that changed the game but "Twin Peaks" brought film level quality to TV almost a decade before the sopranos and is still my favorite serialized show along with breaking bad

if you haven't seen it i'd recommend starting right away, all 30 episodes are on netflix

it's not as strange as david lynch's films which is why is drew a bigger audience than his movies did

even if you don't like his movies you'd probably still like the show and if you are a fan of his movies than the show is essential viewing

i don't know if anyone here watched "the killing" but i could never get into it because to me it seemed too much like a rip off of "Twin Peaks" without the humor, the quirkiness, and the surrealism ie all the things i liked about the show

i don't know if anyone here watched "the killing" but i could never get into it because to me it seemed too much like a rip off of "Twin Peaks" without the humor, the quirkiness, and the surrealism ie all the things i liked about the show

If someone recommends The Killing to you, you should definitely punch that person in the face.

Yup. Enjoy your liberal circle jerk.
Oh such hatred for the show...

The main character is a Republican. He doesn't have to be in love with the Tea Party to be a card-carrying Republican. I recommend watching multiple episodes. If you have, and still don't like it, then so be it.

Cowboy Bebop (GOAT Animated show of all time)

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex/2nd Gig

The Boondocks (Best animated sitcom ever. Forget the simpsons or family guy.)

Venture Bros.

The Wire

Rome

Spartacus

House

Seinfeld

Sopranos

Deadwood

Cowboy Bebop (GOAT Animated show of all time)

Ghost In The Shell: Stand Alone Complex/2nd Gig

The Boondocks (Best animated sitcom ever. Forget the simpsons or family guy.)

Venture Bros.

The Wire

Rome

Spartacus

House

Seinfeld

Sopranos

Deadwood

You suggested some fantastic animated shows, but left out Archer, which in my opinion is the funniest.

Oh such hatred for the show...

The main character is a Republican. He doesn't have to be in love with the Tea Party to be a card-carrying Republican. I recommend watching multiple episodes. If you have, and still don't like it, then so be it.

Lol... The main character is a factionalized Joe Scarborough, of the morning Joe Show on MSNBC. He says he's a conservative republican, but demonizes conservatives on his show, and praises liberals. And the few conservative beliefs he has, he apologizes for on his show every time he brings them up.

And no, not hatred. I watched the first season and I viewed it as a comedy. Especially many facts they got wrong, but in its fictionalization reality they're absolute truth.

One of the few I remember (it's a very forgettable show), was about the debt ceiling. The 'republican' main character said 'The debt ceiling doesn't raise the national debt. It allows America to pay back money on debts we owe to other countries.' This was particularly memorable to me because recently, within the last two weeks, Obama said something similar.

Edit: one thing I forgot to mention... Besides the obvious bias, it's a bad show. It's even panned in The War Room, and ya'd think that would be their version of Breaking Bad.

Last edited:
if you are through with the American and British shows, I urge people to watch romanzo criminale, an Italian crime show about a roman crime gang that tries to take over the Roman underworld, based on a real story. It's fucking awesome. La piovra an older show is also great although it's harder to find it with subtitles.

Lol... The main character is a factionalized Joe Scarborough, of the morning Joe Show on MSNBC. He says he's a conservative republican, but demonizes conservatives on his show, and praises liberals. And the few conservative beliefs he has, he apologizes for on his show every time he brings them up.

And no, not hatred. I watched the first season and I viewed it as a comedy. Especially many facts they got wrong, but in its fictionalization reality they're absolute truth.

One of the few I remember (it's a very forgettable show), was about the debt ceiling. The 'republican' main character said 'The debt ceiling doesn't raise the national debt. It allows America to pay back money on debts we owe to other countries.' This was particularly memorable to me because recently, within the last two weeks, Obama said something similar.

Edit: one thing I forgot to mention... Besides the obvious bias, it's a bad show. It's even panned in The War Room, and ya'd think that would be their version of Breaking Bad.

With all due respect, you said you'd shake the hand of the boss who fired sixty employees who had Obama bumper stickers, right? I think your position on this show needs to be taken with a grain of salt the size of the moon.

Newsroom isn't a great show but it isn't terrible, and it doesn't feel at all like a liberal circle jerk. At all.

With all due respect, you said you'd shake the hand of the boss who fired sixty employees who had Obama bumper stickers, right? I think your position on this show needs to be taken with a grain of salt the size of the moon.

Newsroom isn't a great show but it isn't terrible, and it doesn't feel at all like a liberal circle jerk. At all.

As your avatar said... You're Goddamn Right.

I understand most people don't pay close attention to politics, so let me give ya guys a quick explaination why Obama, or rather, Obamacare, has been horrible for the economy and the working man.

Obama hasn't been good for the economy in his 5 years in. 95% of the income growth has been excusive to the top 1% income earners through the stock market. And the stock market has been stimulated by the Federal Bank buying stocks and bonds... the rich gets richer.

As for the rest of us, we're still in the rutt that started back in 2008. And its about to get worse because of Obamacare... which requires everyone over 26, if your parents don't already have healthcare that covers you, to buy health insurance, which rates have doubled since Obamacare was signed 3 years ago.

But you're good if you have health insurance through your employer... except most small businesses are discontinuing their employee healthcare programs because they've doubled, and 'allowing employees to seek out their own healthcare.' Others are laying people off to stay below the 50 employee minimum for Obamacare to be forced to buy healthcare for employees. And others are cutting hours from full time (40+ hours) to part time (30 hours) to avoid the same mandate.

The last chance to avoid all of this via election was last November, by electing someone other than Obama. And he still won, solidifying Obamacare in law. Thank you voters. So, the idea of a business owner laying off Obama supporters, to avoid Obamacare, is quite humorous to me.

Oz. It's a classic and I enjoyed it from start to finish.

Twin Peaks = BJ Penn of TV

hmm do you mean to say that it had incredible potential but didn't live up to it?

i agree that it took a big drop in quality but i think it fulfilled it's potential, it was nver meant to be a show that went on for seasons and seasons imo

i remember it was suddenly way less good after the killer is revealed which is right about halfway through the series but i thought the finale was a return to form and ended the series on a high note

Back