Great News: Ryan Hall in a training camp. Has an opponent

Flop-fest incoming!

Dude has crazy subs tho.

Prefer to watch UFC for fighting, not laying on the ground avoiding one. Maia doesn't need challengers for most points deducted on refusing to get up.

Great grappling. Can't hate on that.
But dislike his style of fighting, flopping is not fighting. He shouldn't be lauded for disengaging.

Hopefully someone can effectively counter his style.

Great grappling. Can't hate on that.
But dislike his style of fighting, flopping is not fighting. He shouldn't be lauded for disengaging.

Hopefully someone can effectively counter his style.
That’s the thing, if you are butt scooting to your opponent, you’re engaging them, them backing up is disengaging. I get why the UFC doesn’t want it. But it feels disingenuous to call it disengaging even though that is the consensus.

That’s the thing, if you are butt scooting to your opponent, you’re engaging them, them backing up is disengaging. I get why the UFC doesn’t want it. But it feels disingenuous to call it disengaging even though that is the consensus.
That's Fair.
I am going to go ahead apologize beforehand because this is going be a little nitpicky, but I agree that scooting towards your opponent is engaging. The act of flopping to your back, in my opinion, is disengaging from a fight. I would regard that up there with running. I know...playing fighter strengths and whatnot.
But I also do note that in a situation where an opponent is flopping, it falls upon the other fighter to decide how to deal with that new situation, (ala leg kicks, follow them to the ground, let them up, etc.) Maynard crying to the ref was the wrong way.
And I also can understand why the UFC would consider that unentertaining.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. But that's just my take on situations and fighting style like Hall.

56c218dfe4279.gif

The heel hook GOAT

That doesn't look like Masakazu Imanari to me.

Hardcores love his style. He brings something different to the table. Casuals can eat their socks
I'm a hardcore that thinks he's boring as fuck. If he was effective, I'd be ecstatic about the guy. He's just kind of... blah. Extremely talented, but underwhelming at the same time.

People shit on him, but I'm partial to BJJ guys. It will be fun to see if he's improved at all since his last fight. Who knows what he's been up too.

That's Fair.
I am going to go ahead apologize beforehand because this is going be a little nitpicky, but I agree that scooting towards your opponent is engaging. The act of flopping to your back, in my opinion, is disengaging from a fight. I would regard that up there with running. I know...playing fighter strengths and whatnot.
But I also do note that in a situation where an opponent is flopping, it falls upon the other fighter to decide how to deal with that new situation, (ala leg kicks, follow them to the ground, let them up, etc.) Maynard crying to the ref was the wrong way.
And I also can understand why the UFC would consider that unentertaining.

Sorry for the long winded explanation. But that's just my take on situations and fighting style like Hall.
I agree. But I haven’t seen anyone flop since overseen werdum 1. That being said pulling guard isn’t flopping in my opinion, sitting down and asking the person to enter your guard is though.

Back