Great movies that are kind of well known but not really. . .

Extremely underrated IMO:

Syriana

The ninth Gate

Margin Call

The Spanish Prisoner

Extremely underrated IMO:

Syriana

The ninth Gate

Margin Call

The Spanish Prisoner

Good call on The Ninth Gate and The Spanish Prisoner. The Ninth Gate especially is a film that I've really appreciated and enjoyed over the years. It's such a unique and interesting story and there's something about the whole world of book collecting that I find kind of fascinating.

brick_DVD_cover.jpg

27172_front.jpg

the-lookout-movie-poster-2007-1020398700.jpg

GTBQU.jpg

51fbEm-3hJL.jpg

3El_Topo_Rep.jpg

All worth watching if you haven't already

Good call on The Ninth Gate and The Spanish Prisoner. The Ninth Gate especially is a film that I've really appreciated and enjoyed over the years. It's such a unique and interesting story and there's something about the whole world of book collecting that I find kind of fascinating.

Agree. The atmosphere in the Ninth Gate is incredible. One of my top 5 GOATS.

Every scifi fan needs to see this, it's in my personal top 5. The usual way I recommend it to people is to make the comparison: Primer is to time travel what Coherence is to quantum mechanics.

Amazing film. And very re-watchable as movies like this tend to be. You notice something in each viewing that you didn't before.

And when you read about the making of the film, like:
how all the main cast are improv actors and most of their dialogue was not scripted
it makes it even better.

Oh I agree. It's in my top 5 as well. I made a thread about it here a few weeks ago. I was just very impressed with the movie. Well said about the Primer comparison, too. And to me, Coherence is a lot more entertaining than Primer. Almost everybody in that thread liked it a lot, and several people were comparing it to a modern day Twilight Zone episode.

And about catching things on rewatch, somebody else in that thread pointed this out to me, and I completely didn't notice it:

Did you realize that Amir and his date weren't from "our" reality? When they arrive at the dinner party, they are not the original Amir and what's her name. They have already went through that dark zone and the first reality jump happens before we even meet them. That's why Mike thinks that girl is a yoga instructor, when she isn't. And that's why she loved Roswell, a show that Mike was the main character on, and she didn't know he was on it. In that girl's reality, THAT Mike never got the part. And in her reality, she was NOT a yoga instructor. So we actually never got to meet the original Amir and what's her name. That shit blew my mind lol

Last edited:
Oh I agree. It's in my top 5 as well. I made a thread about it here a few weeks ago. I was just very impressed with the movie. Well said about the Primer comparison, too. And to me, Coherence is a lot more entertaining than Primer. Almost everybody in that thread liked it a lot, and several people were comparing it to a modern day Twilight Zone episode.

And about catching things on rewatch, somebody else in that thread pointed this out to me, and I completely didn't notice it:

Did you realize that Amir and his date weren't from "our" reality? When they arrive at the dinner party, they are not the original Amir and what's her name. They have already went through that dark zone and the first reality jump happens before we even meet them. That's why Mike thinks that girl is a yoga instructor, when she isn't. And that's why she loved Roswell, a show that Mike was the main character on, and she didn't know he was on it. In that girl's reality, THAT Mike never got the part. And in her reality, she was NOT a yoga instructor. So we actually never got to meet the original Amir and what's her name. That shit blew my mind lol

Ok I saw this movie last night and it was a mind fuck. My GF is easily confused with movies like this so she was even more fucked then I was.The thing you mentioned about the yoga instructor just made complete sense right now.

The ninth gate an amazing athmosphere movie with Nice plot twist a mix of book collecting and a serious way to approach the existense of the devil. Nothing feel fantasy or forced.

MV5BMTUyODU2NjM0Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTUzMTA0MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR0,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Fantastic movie IMO. Not the same cover that the copy I have, this is the IMDB cover

MV5BMjAwMTEwMDAwMl5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwODk4NDgyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

Dis one good too

Came in here to post the Lookout with Joseph Gordon Levitt but looks like it was alrady posted.

Great movie. I need to rewatch it now.

Freeway with a young Reese Witherspoon. One of those movies that I ended up watching only because I was too damn lazy to look for the remote...

Ok I saw this movie last night and it was a mind fuck. My GF is easily confused with movies like this so she was even more fucked then I was.The thing you mentioned about the yoga instructor just made complete sense right now.

lol I didn't word it well but you know what I'm saying

Somebody else pointed it out to me, I hadn't caught it. But rewatching it now, it seems obvious. I just thought they were being rude to each other. But that dialogue plays 2 ways.

Really clever movie.

Back