Great movies that are kind of well known but not really. . .

donnie darko

duets- I wont say its great but the accapella of freebird scene in movie is well worth watching, and plus the idea of an escaped convict traveling the country singing karaoke is brilliant imo

loving liza- I think thats what its called, great performance by the late Phillip Seymour Hoffman about a guy who cant cope with his wifes suicide.

Manic- this movie made me start being a huge fan of Don Chaedle

TS, good job on picking The Way of The Gun, I look for Benicio Del Toro movies every chance I get, probably my favorite actor or at least top 3

one of me favs that a lot of people don't know about.

Here's some off the top of my head:

25th Hour
Shotgun Stories
Election
A Serious Man
Hunger
In My Father's Den
The Secret In Their Eyes
Amores Perros

What_We_Do_in_the_Shadows_poster.jpg

The reviews are hilarious

A Simple Plan.

Very Bad Things.

Coherence

465800_lg_event_main.jpg

Every scifi fan needs to see this, it's in my personal top 5. The usual way I recommend it to people is to make the comparison: Primer is to time travel what Coherence is to quantum mechanics.

Amazing film. And very re-watchable as movies like this tend to be. You notice something in each viewing that you didn't before.

And when you read about the making of the film, like:
how all the main cast are improv actors and most of their dialogue was not scripted
it makes it even better.

Overrated in the reviews. It was kind of funny, quirky . . . But seriously so not worth the time IMO. Unless you literally had nothing else to do. I kept stopping and starting it over about 3 days and then just gave up on it. It was unique, ok that way, just not overly anything (sort of meh).

Back