Great Guitar Players of the 90's

Probably the best I've seen him play. He's a beast.

If we're going to talk about John now, this is amazing (timestamped and see if you can even pick out the PU selector change at 11:44):

Grammy winning saxophonist ripping a solo before him if you want to back up and the keyboard solo, and solo by Sharkie after him are also nuts.

devin townsend

I havent heard everything from him, but love transcendence, epicloud and especially addicted. He has an insane vocal range, thinking of kingdom live from the retinal circus and deadhead from the royal albert hall.

I think she's just saying you can't really go around accusing someone of being out of touch while bigging up dad rock like Oasis

On the dadish rock side I would say James Dean Bradfield when he was still in his glam fashion victim/left wing Slash phase.

Probably the best I've seen him play. He's a beast.

Haven't heard much of his stuff, but saw a live in the studio type thing once, holy shit, as good a guitarist as there would be at the moment.

I read an interview with him, all arrogance aside he said he could just play as soon as he picked up a guitar, those people shit me. It's taken so many years to become intermediate I reckon, there are some people it comes very naturally to though.

I'm talking about his demeanor. The way he's literally wanking the whammy bar and staring at the audience. Looks like a talent show to me.

It's just not my scene dude. It's fine, different strokes for different folks. I'm from the Omar Rodriguez Lopez school of playing with absolute disdain for your audience lol...

Omar does his own form of talent show wanking in the way he constantly spazzes out and jiggles like he’s having a seizure. That kid was at my high school talent show too. lol

Chuck Schuldiner

true wizardry you can listen on human, itp and symbolic
chuck had some sick bandmates like james murphy, masvidal, andy laroque, bobby koelble

Reactions: Zer
I mean my point is I wasn't even harping on Noel or Oasis. He is one out of what 10 or something guitarists I listed. It was everybody else attacking me and then I had to defend myself.

Not a technically great guitar player but one that has inspired millions because he writes songs that connect with every day people. I'm more into songwriting and tone than technical ability. Noel has great tone, I like that british EL34 overdrive. I'm a Marshall guy. My main amp in my band days was a Marshall 1959SLP (Plexi).

I'm not a guitarist so I won't go into that side of it. Oasis just don't do anything for me, but I can respect that they obviously connect well with a lot of people.

I'm not a guitarist so I won't go into that side of it. Oasis just don't do anything for me, but I can respect that they obviously connect well with a lot of people.

I don't care about that. I'm just telling you what's what with the thread. I wasnt "big upping" Noel as you say.

Omar does his own form of talent show wanking in the way he constantly spazzes out and jiggles like he’s having a seizure. That kid was at my high school talent show too. lol

Just agree to disagree dude. Omar is cool to me, Satriani is not. It's just my opinion not a statement of fact.

Just agree to disagree dude. Omar is cool to me, Satriani is not. It's just my opinion not a statement of fact.

Oh for sure, I agree to disagree. Like I said previously, I don’t expect everybody to enjoy Satriani. It’s not for everybody. I’m not arguing that you’re supposed to like it. I just found some of your characterizations of his music to be a little off.

All that and no Tina Weymouth?

963e396b942e5e1d846e082546fb2868.jpg
I would have if I personally considered her hot.......but if she does it for you then by all means.

We all know the 80s were jampacked with virtuoso guitar players; Eddie, Vai, Satriani, Lynch, Vinnie V, Paul Gilbert, Nuno ect.

Here are some of the best guitar players of the 90's imo.

John Frusante
Billy Corgan
Jerry Cantrell
Jeff Buckley
Andreas Kisser
Dimebag
John Petrucci

Who else do you guys think was a 90's guitar god?
Dave Matthews.. But then he’s still writing and great, like the style or not.

devin townsend
Think we're the only two to mention him. I saw him with Strapping Young LAd and the first thing he yelled was "stick this in your fucking c@nt". He's a sweetheart. Really great set and Ziltoid was great fun.
Uggghh, I miss @Will Jacobs We both loved that album

Back