Great fights for stand up technique

Boxing clinics:
For some reason I just never get sick of watching these (in no meaningful order):

Bernard putting a beating on Glenn Johnson.
[YT]_9Hi6EznulM[/YT]

The oft forgotten prime Bernard Hopkins. All the fundamental boxing skill of the older Hopkins with high volume and top class stamina.

Not the best version of Duran, but still a great performance by Benitez.

Nice. I'm ashamed to say I haven't seen any of his fights yet.

He never got as popular as I feel he maybe should have.

Honestly, most of the reason I know about him is because I grew up very close to his hometown during his fighting days, and even if you didn't follow boxing you knew when Sweet pea was fighting because he was a big goddamn deal.

Kyokushin Knockdown:

Hiroki Kurosawa vs unknown (shin or tayski might know not sure):

(low kicking combinations half way through).

Kurosawa's was p4p hardest low kicker in knockdown or Kyokushin period - those low kicking combinations he threw were a thing of beauty (apparently back in the day he used to toughen his shins on steel pipes....that is not a pretty thought if it's true).

Osu, this guy's a beast! Do you have any more fight footage of him, I can't seem to find much on youtube. I started training in kyokushin about a month ago and I'd really like to base my kumite style off of his.

Buakaw vs Giorgio Petrosyan is a great muay thai one.

[YT]k0dlc2CKOoI[/YT]

That Zambidis Chavid fight was the most exciting K1 fight ever. Awesome. To be part of something like that would be beautiful.

YOu can learn something from almost every fight. Look up some boxers kickboxers and/or MT fighters and watch a lot of fights and you will learn at least a few things of course there are more technical fights and fighters but you can learn something from almost every fight and especially at a high level you can even learn a lot of things from brawls and brawling fighters even they have some kind of technique which allows them to succed

Osu, this guy's a beast! Do you have any more fight footage of him, I can't seem to find much on youtube. I started training in kyokushin about a month ago and I'd really like to base my kumite style off of his.

There is not that much footage on him - not as much as there should be imho - arguably one of the most powerful low kicks in Kyokushin p4p period. Note that his style is one that involves powering through people & really controlled instinctive aggression (i.e. he knew where to hit hard - he saw the openings instinctively) - so naturally you'll need a stocky frame and be insanely tough - Kurosawa & Akira Masuda - were notable in their day for having fighting spirit above & beyond all their contemporaries - I'd go so far as to say for me those two are unmatched it their spirit & attitude even till today in knockdown.

Anyway here is more footage of Kurosawa (lot's of level changing in combos, beautiful low kicking combos as well - full force, no willy nilly):

AND

Also this is footage from Pride 6 - where this was a special knockdown karate rules fight with Nobuaki Kakuda (K1 ref) vs Hiroki Kurosawa - it should be noted though this is an OLD Hiroki Kurosawa - way past his prime - although obviously still beastly with the low kicks & combos:

Notable combos - 5:30min, 7min - and at various other points - and yes that is Bas in the commentary - surprised he had no idea who Kurosawa was - was a beast in his day - literally feared by nearly everyone in his prime - the guy you didn't want to get picked to fight against - he literally gave Kakuda a pounding even though he was way past it.

Hajime Kazumi vs Glaube Feitosa:

Might not look like a great technical battle but it actually is a very subtle beauty of a technical fight on the part of Kazumi - chudan soto uke (outside to inside forearm block) - knockdown application, gedan barais (parrying block), constantly positioning himself well defensively so that many a time Feitosa overextends which carries his momentum forward ---- to survive Feitosa's reckless onslaught (if you watch footage lot's of the strikes hit his forearm instead of chest & many knees don't land, as well as making feitosa overextend by positioning himself well) - great demonstration of toughness as well from Kazumi needed otherwise this wouldn't work (since he takes a few as well) COMBINED with a constant barrage of low kicks & inside low kicks to the legs of an advancing opponent (so low kicks aimed at legs with most weight on them) - low kicks also eat into Feitosa's balance as he throws punches & knees - so that it removes some of the sting out of them as well as eating into the strength of Feitosa's legs - eventually his leg's & stamina give way to Kazumi.

Literally efficiency at it's best.

There is not that much footage on him - not as much as there should be imho - arguably one of the most powerful low kicks in Kyokushin p4p period. Note that his style is one that involves powering through people & really controlled instinctive aggression (i.e. he knew where to hit hard - he saw the openings instinctively) - so naturally you'll need a stocky frame and be insanely tough - Kurosawa & Akira Masuda - were notable in their day for having fighting spirit above & beyond all their contemporaries - I'd go so far as to say for me those two are unmatched it their spirit & attitude even till today in knockdown.

Well, I'm about 6'1, 245 so I think I have the right frame. Just need to work on my gedan mawashi geris and build up my conditioning. Osu brother, thanks for the videos and advice, you make some really informative posts that are great for a novice kyokushin practitioner like myself.

Anyone have any videos that are good to watch for setting up low kicks? My "best" weapon is definitely my leg kicks heh. If anyone's got anything for that that might not be very obvious... :D

Tito uses Wing Chun trap and punch vs Bader. It's just kind of cool. Good dirty boxing. Edson Barboza and Jose Aldo got some good leg kicks.

Watch Mike Tyson. Head movement, peek a boo, and getting the job done quick. Especially good if your big. It's easier to end a fight quick the bigger you are.

That Zambidis Chavid fight was the most exciting K1 fight ever. Awesome. To be part of something like that would be beautiful.

I've seriously watched it bell to bell like a dozen times.

Bas was probably salivating at the liver shots.

Back