Yoshida
Akiyama
Okami???
DHK

Edit - Lombard completely slipped my mind

Last edited:
cafd1-ufcfightnight6-karoparisyanxdiegosanchez-rd1-takedown2-400-sg.gif
love that fight

You know who I thought was gonna do great and had a Judo but didn't really pan out was?
Jimmy Hettes

Watched an old Karo Parisyan fight. The arm throw he did in that fight was pretty incredible.

Got me thinking about many fighters that started in Judo.

I feel most start in wrestling or BJJ.

Are there any great fighters that started out in Judo?
Lombard, Fedor, Maia, and Aoki come to mind. Hawn, Filho and Rousey had above avg careers in MMA. Valentina, Werdum, Khabib, Kim, Mousasi, amongst others are black belts in Judo, and I'm curious how Harrison does in her MMA career.

Lombard, Fedor, Maia, and Aoki come to mind. Hawn, Filho and Rousey had above avg careers in MMA. Valentina, Werdum, Khabib, Kim, Mousasi, amongst others are black belts in Judo, and I'm curious how Harrison does in her MMA career.
"Filho... had above avg careers in MMA."

wtf2.gif

"Filho... had above avg careers in MMA."

View attachment 429247
You must be new.. yes, Filho had an above avg career while fighting in Pride, Heros, DEEP, and while he was in the WEC.. he was also the last MW Champ in the WEC and defended the belt against Sonnen in the WEC, winning by submission. Know the history of the sport if you follow the sport.

You must be new.. yes, Filho had an above avg career while fighting in Pride, Heros, DEEP, and while he was in the WEC.. he was also the last MW Champ in the WEC and defended the belt against Sonnen in the WEC, winning by submission. Know the history of the sport if you follow the sport.
oh yeah Im a noob, and happy to learn from vetz like ya...

Oh btw,your post is ridiculous tbh... saying that Filho had an "above average career"

loloool.png

Try to learn about the context of his career.

Do you guys agree with Fedor starting in Judo over Sambo?

Fedor started in Judo, But I heard he finished 4th in national Judo(Russia) or something like that so he couldn't made it to Sydney 2000(or was it Atlanta 1996), So he made a transition to Sambo.

Nobody mentioned one of the best judo practitioner in the UFC?

Dan Kelly

4th Dan Black Belt in Judo
ADCC World Champ 2013

“Stun Gun”

C9F0D502-EA86-4FCF-8A51-EA656E208660.jpeg

Rick Hawn but I think he's retired now. He actually beat Karo in MMA in 2013

Back