Great article about Jones's Testosterone Levels

the article is not great. It is an opinion piece not much different than a sherdog post but better written than 90% of sherdog posters.

I don't really care as I do not like Jones in any way and find him horribly hypocritical but for the writer to draw a straight line between "Jon coming off his biggest win" and "failing a drug test" is lazy at worst and dishonest at best. The way he writes it would lead anyone who did not know to believe that Jon failed the in-competition testing and that is very wrong to do.

Apparently cocaine use can cause low testosterone levels though.

http://www.lifemartini.com/8-possible-causes-of-low-testosterone-in-men/

This has been pointed out and it could be the cause we don't know. We need more information which is what I'm sure most of the bigger sites are doing right now.

I've seen people say that some doctor denied the possibility of it being cocaine. The problem is that doctors reasoning for it not being Cocaine was "because of the way Jones performs". This test was from Dec 4 so how would the doctor know how he's performing then? I think the doctor was under the assumption that these were post fight drug test.

I doubt it was the cocaine though and I think it's more likely that something else is going on that's the more likely scenario. I'm not going to assume anything though.

Article is bold and fluid, TS.

It's really odd so many of the bigger outlets aren't even mentioning this yet.

"odd"

:rolleyes:

or do you means the one that arent usually associated with the ufc like espn or w/e

Did Ariel Helwani, journalist of the year, wrote that article? He didn't? Strange.

Props for this article, at least someone has balls to write about this stuff. Writers from bloodyelbow too.

theres some people really saying that the reason that mmafighting or other "big" mma website isnt covering this is because they are double checking or w/e the shit you wanna call?

really, you need more than 24 hours to create a news talking about his levels of testosterone and coming up with reasons to why his level his that low?

Did Ariel Helwani, journalist of the year, wrote that article? He didn't? Strange.

Props for this article, at least someone has balls to write about this stuff. Writers from bloodyelbow too.

no man, its cause "specialized media" is actually double checking, collecting sources, interviewing doctors to create an unbiased article. and it actually takes more than a whole day to do it

thats the reason that is not out yet, and not some lunatic conspiracy theory that mma media is actually all in the hands of the ufc and that theyre afraid to lose their credentials

no man, its cause "specialized media" is actually double checking, collecting sources, interviewing doctors to create an unbiased article. and it actually takes more than a whole day to do it

thats the reason that is not out yet, and not some lunatic conspiracy theory that mma media is actually all in the hands of the ufc and that theyre afraid to lose their credentials

Lets see if Ariel puts his name under that article when it comes out.

Lets see if Ariel puts his name under that article when it comes out.

ariel

dc_zps2f4ca374.gif

This subject is a touchy one though, reem tests way over the exceptable levels of test to epitest and is a PED abuser, Jones test levels are very low and now he must be a PED abuser.
I understand that past steroid abuse can cause low test levels BUT it is only ONE of the possible reasons for low test.

the article is not great. It is an opinion piece not much different than a sherdog post but better written than 90% of sherdog posters.

I don't really care as I do not like Jones in any way and find him horribly hypocritical but for the writer to draw a straight line between "Jon coming off his biggest win" and "failing a drug test" is lazy at worst and dishonest at best. The way he writes it would lead anyone who did not know to believe that Jon failed the in-competition testing and that is very wrong to do.

There's no line between the biggest win and the drug test. That's something you're interpreting.

The point is that there is plenty of reason to believe Jon was on roids based on all the facts listed in the article. It's basic reasoning, and everyone is afraid to talk about it.

This isn't being 'covered' by the larger MMA sites because they actually ask for quotes, official responses and expert opinions, rather than just posting speculation. MMAFighting or Sherdog.com don't gain much by posting 'Jones possibly on PEDs', unless you're asking for click-bait articles.

You mean like the same MMA media types that are talking about Jon's coke use without real sources? Where are those quotes, official responses and expert opinions that Breen shared that let him know that Jones is a cokehead?

You don't need any of that anyway. You need the facts (his levels were wacky), you need to know what to do (CIR Test) and you need to push for it. There's nothing click-bait about it, why don't you actually attack the main points on the article instead of asking for unnecessary sources? Is the NSAC not a good enough source for jon's T:E ratios? Is the explanation of a CIR test false? Where are the issues you have with the article itself?

It's a basic article that explains the facts and asks for justice. MMA media types don't investigate because they're all auditioning for a job with Dana. You guys just drink the kool-aid. LOL at Sherdog actually going deep on this issue before they know Dana won't pull their credentials. This article is great because there's no flaws, because it explains the facts in a direct way and there is no room for interpretation. Jon's ratios were fucked, anybody with a brain would see that and this article explains why and asks for justice.

Apparently cocaine use can cause low testosterone levels though.

http://www.lifemartini.com/8-possible-causes-of-low-testosterone-in-men/

His urine test indicates that the ratio is off, not concluding that his testosterone is low, meaning that the epitestosterone could be higher than normal. As far as the tests show, his testosterone could be in the normal range. At this point the ratio should be enough of a red flag to pursue a carbon isotope test. That should provide more conclusive evidence of whether this was related to his luxury drug use or something more nefarious.

Most people want to see this issue resolved and to have the questions answered. It seems like there are some people that want Jon to get a pass on this potentially damning circumstance though. For those people, if they just don't care about PED use, they could just say so. There is no need to ignore where the evidence is pointing because of that reason.

Thank you, that is what I am saying. This situation is suspect, we need to demand answers to find out the truth. If you don't want to know, just admit you don't care about the integrity of the sport.

Back