Gray Maynard Could Be A Threat, But He's Packing Serious Glass

Gray Maynard is absurdly overrated. I don't get why the UFC still thinks this guy is top 5 let alone top 10.[/QUOTE
Pettis Camp sure didn't think Maynard was "overrated". They turned down at least one, and I think two, requests from Maynard's Camp for a Pettis fight. Check out the timeline prior to the Pettis Camps push for the Aldo fight.
Maynard's still a top ranked fighter because he EARNED it, and beat Guida also.
Say, maybe Pettis is "overrated".

I can't tell if you're trolling or really dumb. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and say you're just trolling.

But for the hell of it, someone post the headkick Gif please

I just told you what I saw, and what I was told by Gray Maynard himself. Guida landed a not very effective headkick in R5. Gray kept right after Clay. If that's your idea of being "wobbled like Frank Mir" than knock yourself out.

I just told you what I saw, and what I was told by Gray Maynard himself. Guida landed a not very effective headkick in R5. Gray kept right after Clay. If that's your idea of being "wobbled like Frank Mir" than knock yourself out.

Yeah okay. Not very effective headkicks cause you to be off balance and be dazed before regaining your wit. My bad, I was just confused on the definition of ineffective. It's all cleared up now though.

His approach hurts his chances. He forgot he could wrestle.

i always knew his chin wasnt good but he can beat anyone at lw and he has never been dropped by nate if im not mistaking, if im pls gifs

He let Guida hit him as a freebie with his hands down to protest him running around, and it did nothing.

Grant hits hard enough there should be no shame in it. The Edgar TKO was a combination of a gang of punches.

I don't think he's particularly chinny.

He's only lost twice, to the very best. These weaknesses you guys are highlighting don't seem very relevant.

He let Guida hit him as a freebie with his hands down to protest him running around, and it did nothing.

Grant hits hard enough there should be no shame in it. The Edgar TKO was a combination of a gang of punches.

I don't think he's particularly chinny.

He made a fan out of me in that fight, that was so badass

Maynard has some serious power, i was completely surprised Grant just ate his shots.

Also, Diaz is "featherfisted"? So does that mean Jim Miller and Gomi have glass chins? Does Diaz have a glass chin because he got TKO'd by Thomson?

I'm not a fan of Gray Maynard nor am I a hater. The guy definitely does NOT habeas glass chin and your reasoning us lame

I'm not a fan of Gray Maynard nor am I a hater. The guy definitely does NOT have a glass chin and your reasoning is lame

i wouldnt say he is chinny, but he definitely knocked himself out against emerson. that fight was embarrassing for both parties involved.

The losses to Edgar and Grant are honestly nothing for him to hang his head about. Both are tremendous fighers, people still underrate Edgar ridiculously, and people are soon going to see just how good Grant really is.

Maynard's been a top 5 LW for years.

It's ashame really. Maynard, on paper, should be a terrible matchup for prett much every single fighter in the division, but his chin and inability to deal with even basic footwork (ie. Guida and Edgar fights) prevent him being champ.

Chandler is in all honesty a better Gray Maynard, in essentially every facet (especially chin)

Chandler could end up being a scary dude. He's evolving so fast its almost worrisome. Haha

i wouldnt say he is chinny, but he definitely knocked himself out against emerson. that fight was embarrassing for both parties involved.

lol, so true. Maynard knocked himself out and Emerson tapped out to an unconscious fighter.

You post 5 items, and every one is an outright lie.
1. Edgar DID NOT knock Maynard "out cold" or anything close to it. TKO Referee Stoppage for failing to defend.
2. No, never happened. However, Maynard did knock Diaz down.
3. A myth. Perpetrated by parroting morons like yourself.
4. Gray did get stopped, at 2:07
5. Guida did nothing to Maynard but run.
"As we all know", lies and stupidity are commonplace on Sherdog. You did well, 5 items, 5 lies.

1. Out cold = slumped, glazed eyes and unresponsive. Maynard was out cold. This is why Wikipedia lists it as (KO) Punches.

2. Left hook. Third round. Watch the fight.

3. LOL

4. It's called hyperbole. 1 minute, 2 minutes, same difference.

5. And hurt him in round 5.

Back