Gray Maynard Could Be A Threat, But He's Packing Serious Glass

I haven't seen too much of Chandler, how's his wrestling?

We haven't seen him out wrestle another top level wrestler (not many in Bellator) but he was able to manhandle Rick Hawn and take down Eddie Alvarez pretty consistently. His shots are more explosive than Maynard IMO as is his striking.

Interesting to note they are raining partners and good friends

This is basically a willin call out thread.

never let it be said that fans are dicks.

8 years of fighting. unanimous #2 for about 2 years, during which time he fought to a draw with the #1.

and as soon as he is probably on the downside of the career, when some new up-and-comers will probably start overtaking him, out come the so-called mma "fans" who want to make fun him.

nice work TS.

no, he will probably never fight for the belt again. he, and all fighters, still deserve your respect, not your passive aggressive bullshit.

but hey, continue on. whatever rocks your boat, kid.
good post but i actually think youre under rating maynard here. he was winning the grant fight until he got tagged

maynards chin isnt granite but i think he can beat or at least be extremely competetive with the very top guys. bendo, gil, and thomson are all guys that wont out wrestle maynard and dont throw heavy leather. i could actually see maynard landing the bigger shots and those fights being extremely competetive.

pettis lights him up or outsmarts him on the ground though

Thread is full of fail.

Yes, he got stopped by Frankie who isn't exactly known for his power. However, he was not unconscious and Edgar did drop Benson twice in their second fight.

Yes, he KOed himself but I think pretty much anyone would be knocked out if they landed like he did.

Yes, he got KTFO by Grant but Grant is a huge LW and destroyed his last opponent too.

No, he was not hurt by Guida. He walked up to him, said something along the lines of "Hit me, bitch", easily took the hardest shots Clay could throw, stuffed a takedown, and then went for a guillotine. That moment of badassery almost made that fight watchable.

He definitely doesn't have a chin on the level of Hendo or Hunt but he doesn't have a glass jaw either.

Also, inb4 Willin.

Guida did hurt Maynard in the 5th round with a headkick. he kinda did a little shuffle and called Guida in (probably bluffing) but Guida just stayed on the outside doing what he did that whole fight

I'm surprised that nobody seems to remember this. I mean the fight was pretty garbage so I guess that's why lol

7qb.gif

i remember guida getting a free shot and not hurting maynard.

Gray Maynard is absurdly overrated. I don't get why the UFC still thinks this guy is top 5 let alone top 10.

Maynard does not have a glass chin. The shots that he's been finished with were good shots. He may not have titanium in his chin like Gus, but he's not an easy finish. Anyone can get hurt by a good shot that is timed correctly. Cain and Anderson both have awesome chins and they were both put down by one punch.

Here's why:

1. Holds the distinction of being the ONLY fighter Frankie Edgar has ever knocked out cold.

2. Dropped by featherfisted Nate Diaz.

3. Knocked himself out...from a takedown.

4. Got stopped in under a minute in his last bout.

5. I don't know if I'm imagining this but I also vividly recall Guida hurting him as well.

As we all know punch resistance is vital in this sport. What do you think of Maynard's?

Not saying he doesn't have a glass jaw, but this one's bullshit. He got stopped in 2:07 by Grant.

He gets caught clean alot. Defo not glass,edgar cracked him loads to get the finish.

Haha what?

Is this satire?

I hope so, for the sake of your masculinity.

'Making fun'. lol

says the guy who doesn't even know who Chandler is.

Out of your idk 8 shitty threads you have made a few now about people's ability to take a punch.I'm not a fan of Maynard but his chin's not glass.You have another thread about Cain's inability to take a punch.You're a waste of time and space please consider not posting again.I won't be in this thread again so save your crappy comeback.

If this is a serious question it's a lot better then Maynard's. Also Chandler is a finisher with some killer instinct. Maynard has one finish in nine wins in the UFC and it was Joe Veres in his first win in 2007.

It's still adapting to MMA but it's already some of the best in the whole 155lbs division. Maynard probably has better MMA wrestling as of now but Chandlers is still top 5 in the division probably above Bensons.

It's not that he is chinny so much that his footwork is lacking and his striking defense is mediocre. He is a lot like a 155 Decision Dan. He hits hard, but if he isn't landing he leaves himself vulnerable to high quality counter punchers. He has started to get more confident in his stand up and is letting his wrestling fall behind and it is hurting him at the top of the division where he needs it most. I think he is a great grappler and brawler, but he needs to get back to his base that led to him getting that title shot in the first place.

It's still adapting to MMA but it's already some of the best in the whole 155lbs division. Maynard probably has better MMA wrestling as of now but Chandlers is still top 5 in the division probably above Bensons.

I agree with this. What he did to Hawn was crazy. That was a great finish and he flies under the radar among casuals because he is refusing to leave Bellator.

Here's why:

1. Holds the distinction of being the ONLY fighter Frankie Edgar has ever knocked out cold.

2. Dropped by featherfisted Nate Diaz.

3. Knocked himself out...from a takedown.

4. Got stopped in under a minute in his last bout.

5. I don't know if I'm imagining this but I also vividly recall Guida hurting him as well.

As we all know punch resistance is vital in this sport. What do you think of Maynard's?
You post 5 items, and every one is an outright lie.
1. Edgar DID NOT knock Maynard "out cold" or anything close to it. TKO Referee Stoppage for failing to defend.
2. No, never happened. However, Maynard did knock Diaz down.
3. A myth. Perpetrated by parroting morons like yourself.
4. Gray did get stopped, at 2:07
5. Guida did nothing to Maynard but run.
"As we all know", lies and stupidity are commonplace on Sherdog. You did well, 5 items, 5 lies.

You post 5 items, and every one is an outright lie.
1. Edgar DID NOT knock Maynard "out cold" or anything close to it. TKO Referee Stoppage for failing to defend.
2. No, never happened. However, Maynard did knock Diaz down.
3. A myth. Perpetrated by parroting morons like yourself.
4. Gray did get stopped, at 2:07
5. Guida did nothing to Maynard but run.
"As we all know", lies and stupidity are commonplace on Sherdog. You did well, 5 items, 5 lies.

I agree with all of this except you and Maynard are the only people I've ever seen claim he wasn't out against Emerson

He's taking shots before and gone through it.

TJ's been on a tear at 155.

Back