Gravitational waves detected

Just kicking an idea around. Say that we refine our observation of gravitational waves and that leads us to understanding something important and true about the big bang that we had not thought of. And that important and true thing would have implications. One of those implications could be, say, that there must have an external force pushing against our universe at the beginning of time. We could indirectly observe another universe because of our ability to detect these waves. The knowledge could take a lot of different paths, like unifying the theories. That's why it's important. It blew a huge fucking door down.

It's probably going to win a Nobel Prize. I put this ahead of gravitational lensing as a significant observation. No time machines incoming of course.

Well Hulse and Taylor won it 93 for their work on Pulsar's which indirectly showed gravitational waves - so safe to say, this will get the nod.

Lensing serves it purpose (i say it will work better with dark matter dection because for all we know, gravitational wave is zero mass) but i put new gen SXS above both. And wouldnt you know, Japan is launching ASTRO-H tomorrow which will be the most powerful x-ray spectrometer in orbit. Now that should give us some groundbreaking insight into blackhole function and galaxy clustering.

I actually watched the announcement in my astronomy class at UT-Austin this morning. The professor was on the verge of tears he was so happy.

What professor? I took a lot of astronomy classes there

Pretty awesome stuff, not sure if this is the right forum though. lol

Do people not know that Mayberry lounge is a thing no more?

Shit did I accidentally open Facebook?

107j5gg.jpg

Coll that you got it into the UFC forum but lol, i was so pumped today hearing this. I downloaded the audio of the wave. Big step for quantum physics

I love the fact someone decided to come on a ufc forum and randomly announce this scientific discovery

It's so random

who gives a fuck

fuck einstein and fuck your thread

Back