grappling vs monsters

Unfortunately typical behavior of a beej partisan to try to take the credit of different people like japanese wrestlers, shootfighters, and other folk of other grappling disciplines for itself.

It's a nice effort to try and collect several examples of matchups like this in one place though (lord knows people are inordinately interested in the idea). Results are more or less in line with my intuitions about the subject; the best thing would be to deny the greatest advantage (size/weight) in the first place through the area where it has the least influence (on the feet) by taking him down; the second best thing would be to attack the legs with leg entanglements.

Ironically though, for takedowns, attacking the legs while still on the feet might not necessarily be for the best here (unless you're shooting to grab a leg as a set up to directly go into an entanglement, like in Rani Yahya vs Luke Sanders, or Jacare vs Kelvin Gastelum, or pretty much all of Paul Harris's fights).

Rather, the best would be methods that more directly manipulate balancing, or result in you being behind the opponent.

All types of slide bys, throw bys, or shrugs can be participating in both; things like swing singles or foot sweeps can be participating in one or the other.

Last edited:
i find the best thing vs big strong explosive "monsters" attacking the legs or playing a low deep half type game is best attacking them at the head arms can b a losing battle getting low at there legs is a much easier battle

I feel like there is a certain tipping point of competency, not necessarily exact, but like the shifting between colours of a prism still there; before which it can be good or even preferable to shoot 'normally' on someone significantly heavier in neutral; but after which, if they can do the right things, the hazard is significantly multiplied as might be compared to the same situation with someone of lesser or similar mass.

I feel like there is a certain tipping point of competency, not necessarily exact, but like the shifting between colours of a prism still there; before which it can be good or even preferable to shoot 'normally' on someone significantly heavier in neutral; but after which, if they can do the right things, the hazard is significantly multiplied as might be compared to the same situation with someone of lesser or similar mass.
Lmao why are you typing like that?

Doubles can work fine on huge men if they are untrained. They are a horrible and dangerous idea against a giant man who knows how to wrestle.

^same thing right?

Lmao why are you typing like that?

Doubles can work fine on huge men if they are untrained. They are a horrible and dangerous idea against a giant man who knows how to wrestle.

^same thing right?

Who can, ought.

Last edited:
All you need is a lateral drop to deal with "monsters" and you will win.

Spam it until you master it...

Back