Grappling vs Krav Maga

'I prefer grappling 1 on 1, without weapons'? That is what grappling is about not self protection systems. No rules in the street.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

No rules in the street :

That is krav maga is about not real self protection systems!
Unfortunately, real-world tests have shown that overall, weapons are actually ineffective when it comes to self-defense. If the weapon is not in your hand at the moment of attack, you will never get the chance to use it.

best tactic in a street self defense situation is to get the fuck out of there!!!!

seriously, kick the balls, bite the nose, and run.

Krav Maga is a joke.

Waste of time unless you're in law enforcement.

Krav Maga* =McDojo shit

*mainly applies to krav maga programs that incorporate a large amount of standup fighting.

Krav Maga is a joke.

Krav Maga* =McDojo shit

*mainly applies to krav maga programs that incorporate a large amount of standup fighting.

Fuck, not another one of these threads.

If I hear another asshole saying "TMA's are all shit, the only real martial arts are Wrestling, Judo, Muay Thai, and Brazilian Jiu Jitsu" I'm going to fucking snap.

To the TS, make workings on studies of englishes for make you not sounding like retard. We will put you in a cage, which you will shake...but you will never get this.

And now back to my rant.

While I agree that the way Krav Maga fighters train is bullshit, the techniques are sound. This is the same problem plaguing some forms of Karate, Taekwondo, and Kungfu. You're telling me that if you take a back kick to the face, you're gonna be like "whatever i'll just use my superior wrestling to neutralize your kick"? No, you're going to have your nose moved over to your cheek-bone. The problem arises in that they dont train to actually cause the practice sessions to end, in a way that they would end in a "real fight."

It's not a matter of "the inherent usefulness or lack thereof" of an art, it's how an art is trained.

Krav Maga is a joke.

Krav Maga* =McDojo shit

*shakes head*

RIGHT ON TIME, NOOB!! Been reading The Next Zarathustra make pretty much the same post every 3-4 months here since forever.

Here are two guys who teach krav maga programs that incorporate a large amount of standup fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLQcp1FhMZ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIL8OCFP7U0

And in the event you were wondering, I am the grappling forum's resident KM black belt. Trained BJJ and judo on both coasts. Not saying I'm Haylicks or anything, but I have won tournys IN BOTH on both coasts.

I can PM you Oneness Fish's contact info: a Krav guy, who is Bas' Licensing Director for his MMA program. Perhaps you can enlighten him on how KM programs with Krav Maga* =McDojo shit.

Or PM me and I'll send you my school owner's contact info. Also a krav guy, who won the Bronze Star for Valor in Iraq for killing a bunch of people. Perhaps you can enlighten him considering his lack of real-life experience.

Let me predict what he'll likely say:

noob1.jpg

Flame away, fellas!! You'll likely see me at Matt Baker's BJJ tourney next month, CA state judo championships, or Mundials next month.

It comes across as just another version of JKD . But that's me !

having personally met Moti Horenstein, he is a black belt in judo, trained in Muay Thai. So him losing because he knows Krav Maga is a very one sided and slanted argument.
When we asked him about the fight with Coleman he said "when I looked in his eyes I knew I had little chance against this roided out maniac".
Now where did I meet Moti Horenstein you might ask, at a Rigan Machado BJJ seminar. Horenstein is currently a blue belt in BJJ (no he was not at the time of his fight, the lack of a competent ground game was something he recognized in his fights).

One last thing about him, he is a huge dude, strong as hell. Just because his MMA career was very disappointing and Mark Coleman beat him, unless you are at Coleman's level or better don't delude yourself into thinking you'd be able to take him because you train MMA/BJJ.

Finally, even though I don't train Krav, I agree with Christian Media on what he stated.

don't they realize mma stands for mixed MARTIAL ARTS!

yeah because martial arts sucks balls

*shakes head*

RIGHT ON TIME, NOOB!! Been reading The Next Zarathustra make pretty much the same post every 3-4 months here since forever.

Here are two guys who teach krav maga programs that incorporate a large amount of standup fighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLQcp1FhMZ4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIL8OCFP7U0

And in the event you were wondering, I am the grappling forum's resident KM black belt. Trained BJJ and judo on both coasts. Not saying I'm Haylicks or anything, but I have won tournys IN BOTH on both coasts.

I can PM you Oneness Fish's contact info: a Krav guy, who is Bas' Licensing Director for his MMA program. Perhaps you can enlighten him on how KM programs with Krav Maga* =McDojo shit.

Or PM me and I'll send you my school owner's contact info. Also a krav guy, who won the Bronze Star for Valor in Iraq for killing a bunch of people. Perhaps you can enlighten him considering his lack of real-life experience.

Let me predict what he'll likely say:

noob1.jpg

Flame away, fellas!! You'll likely see me at Matt Baker's BJJ tourney next month, CA state judo championships, or Mundials next month.

Hey dude dont get it twisted. I've been a part of excellent BJJ schools that also have a seperate Krav Maga program. Just because they have Krav Maga, that doesn't mean the BJJ is shit.

Krav Maga is a joke and its mainly just a source of revenue. This doesn't mean the instructors aren't legitimate muay thai or grappling instructors (although this isn't a prerequisite). Hell, I'd teach Krav Maga too for the extra dough.

Usually schools will send their BJJ or Muay Thai instructors out for a seminar to get their Krav Maga certification so they can get that extra cash.

If you take Krav Maga seriously, and you aren't a 30 year old woman/ or in law enforcement I think you're a joke.

Point is moot, but why did you link me to a fight with no standup fighting?

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0Ajgntah_E&hl=en"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/G0Ajgntah_E&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

God, these threads are so fucking five years ago, but anyway.

First of all, Krav Maga is NOT bull shit (really, it isn't.)

Second, if you ask any serious Krav Maga instructor what type of training is best for FIGHTING, the answer is not going to be Krav Maga, the answer is going to be MMA TYPE TRAINING (Muay Thai, BJJ, Wrestling, Judo etc.). MMA training is training that is specialized for pure fucking brawling and therefore is the best for that, any Krav Maga instructor with a decent amount of knowledge will tell you that.

The thing about Krav Maga though is that you also train on self defense aspects that doesn't have to do with the fight itself, such as how to defend from a threat (with a weapon or without) and counterattack fast to get space to run away before the situation turns into an actual fight or how to behave and regain your composure when you're caught completely unprepared by an attacker (attacked from behind for an example) or how to break out if the attacker puts you in a hold when you're not prepared. Other aspects are practising on how best to find a way to escape or to break lose, when you're attacked by multiple opponents (fighting them would be stupid).

The bottom line is that there are more sides to self defense than just fighting and those are the ones that Krav Maga focus more on.

What's a little annoying about that video is also that they take for granted that Krav Maga training never includes sparring, which is completely untrue. They spar just the way you would spar in an MMA club (here in Sweden they do anyway). Since that's the only valid argument against KM that is presented in that video (that they don't "train alive") it becomes a little silly, since it's not even true.

And for all you lazy fucks who don't have the energy to read everything I typed:

BAS RUTTEN TRAINS KRAV MAGA.

So, that's that. :icon_chee

Krav Maga is a joke.

Krav Maga* =McDojo shit

You're clueless.

Krav Maga is a joke.

Krav Maga* =McDojo shit

i know you gt flamed for this one but i see your point.

anybody who spends their time training to "defend" themselves in unrealistic situations, that will never arise, that end in unrealistic results is in a McDojo situation IMO.

Back