grappling socks?

tekkenfan

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
has anyone here used them? seems like a hybrid between a wrestling shoe i hate grappling with wrestling shoes playing bottom so i wonder how well these work strong enough to protect toes with takedowns and flexible enough to play guard

has anyone here used them? seems like a hybrid between a wrestling shoe i hate grappling with wrestling shoes playing bottom so i wonder how well these work strong enough to protect toes with takedowns and flexible enough to play guard
Sounds like a waste of money while being the only guy wearing socks to grapple.
Is your toes that weak

Sounds like a waste of money while being the only guy wearing socks to grapple.
Is your toes that weak

no people wear wrestling shoes in takedown classes ect and socks have great grip for guard passing mats get slippery at times so any grip would be great

i wear these a lot, but only because my feet get super dry. I feel I get better grip barefoot.

I only train at places where everyone does no gi in cotton t shirts, basketball shorts and socks.

To be honest I've always wished bjj would adopt wearing wrestling shoes. Feet gross me out in general, plus jiu jitsu really roughs them up. I refuse to do toe holds. So Grappling socks would be a step in a direction i would welcome.

Last edited:
I use them for drilling double legs. Otherwise the foot of my trail leg gets crazy mat burn.

Back