Grappling shorts-first time buyer.

johil d'o said:
Just curious: if you walk around with a shirt that says "[Scientific] Street Fighting" on it, are you more or less likely to get challenged on the street?

medium amount.

Ron,

Will you be restocking the red hoodies as well?

thanks

SSF said:
Tai-they are super comfy and your range of motion is unreal. You'll like them.

www.SSFgear.com

I've always thought that the Underhook stuff looks super cool. Any talk of them bringing out a pair of shorts w/ a split side seam?

wilhelm--

I got my 1st pair of Underhooks from Ron, and please believe all the great things he's said about them. They're awesome! I'm waiting on a 2nd pair from McLane...

Everyone has their own preferences w/ side splits, but the locations of the stretch panels on the Underhooks makes it less of a necessity than you'd think. All of my sprawls are split leg, and I was hesitant about the Underhooks, but was pleasantly surprised. I've found NO restriction to any of my kicks or thai knees. I've not had the chance to roll in them yet, though.

johil d'o said:
Just curious: if you walk around with a shirt that says "[Scientific] Street Fighting" on it, are you more or less likely to get challenged on the street?

I wear Full Contact Fighter gear and have never once been "Challeneged" to a street fight because of it. If I was, I'd just laugh it off and keep on walking. Plus I am usually with 3-4 good MMA buddies and that doesn't hurt. We are talking real big guys like me. Our average weight is like 270 :)

fat_wilhelm said:
I've always thought that the Underhook stuff looks super cool. Any talk of them bringing out a pair of shorts w/ a split side seam?

Not that I know of. There really isn't a need for slits.
Warrior is coming out with a couple of camo shorts with a slit.

www.SSFgear.com

johil d'o said:

Less likely by your average Joe

More likely by your average university science major :D

The best bang for the buck deal is Truth, hands down. I would recommend going a size up on them though.

As far as the best shorts, that's a matter of each user's opinion. I'm in love with my Nogi Jets, I think I might propose marriage. We can roll around whenever I want to and doesn't mind if I roll around or bang with other shorts too.

I still need to buy a pair of Sprawls though, but I'll probably hold off til after the holidays....maybe.

DarthTex said:
So which brand of MMA shorts are the best around right now? and which one is the cheapest?

The cheapest but not necessarily the best buy are Truth shorts. They are too restricitve in the hips and seat area. They are seem to be a bit shorter lengthwise than other manufacturers. For the price they are a good entry level short but throwing a high kick while wearing a cup is nearly impossible.

As for the best, there really isn't one. It all comes down to personal preference. Sprawl has great customer service and a variety of designs so you can't go wrong with them. As for the split seams they aren't really necessary with hte new 06 design. Nogi also has some good shorts and customer service. In the end you'll find that it's worth the money you spend on either companies shorts.

Anybody ever try the HCK shorts ? Someone on ebay was selling those along with a pair of Truth shorts. Last time I checked bidding was up to $25.

HCK shorts are one of my all time favorite shorts. They fit well, but make sure you get your exact size because they don't use a draw string.

www.SSFgear.com

All the guys I know who wear HCK love their shorts.

Nothing but good things to say about SPRAWL from me and everybody else on these boards.

I've got a pair of Underhooks that should be arriving soon, same with a pair of Green Sprawls. I'll do a review when I get them both. Ron, you can expect an order from me the day the grey/black fist hoodie goes up on your site.

I want to apologize to all of you who have been waiting for the Underhook shorts. All the back orders at Underhook went out last week and you should be getting them soon. I also want to thank all of you for being so understanding about the delay. I will give all of you who have been waiting a discount on your next order and free shipping.

Hockey I'll let you know as soon as they arrive. Thanks.

www.SSFgear.com

Where can a man get some fight shorts for $20?

I also have a pair of Red Nose shorts size S I want to sell.

SSF said:
I want to apologize to all of you who have been waiting for the Underhook shorts. All the back orders at Underhook went out last week and you should be getting them soon. I also want to thank all of you for being so understanding about the delay. I will give all of you who have been waiting a discount on your next order and free shipping.

www.SSFgear.com
The shorts came in today, really happy with them. The waist is a lot more loose than I expected but the overall size is fine. Great freedom of movement and everything. I think I'll get the blue pair and some of those inspirits if you can work out the group buy before christmas. Great Service Ron, thanks! Jake should be emailing with his appreciation too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljae89
Back